Library Database, Images, stored remotely?
Here's the deal...

I have a linux (ubuntu) server running in my attic. Among other things, it hosts samba shares of all my media.

I have an xbox in my living room, another xbox in my kitchen, and recently a linux box hooked up a projector in what you might call my cinema room. All running xbmc obvioulsyWink.

Now, I have a lot of films and music stored in that there attic and the library side of things I've kind of neglected as the task will be a big one. Only lately have I seen its true power.
I have seen the option to import/export the library. Which is good short term. But I often add and remove media. It would be nice to be able to keep them in sync automatically.
Ideally having the database stored on the server.
images? storing them locally would make loading of them quicker, but there should also be a central repository of images stored on the server. Maybe something like rsync run on the client at startup to syncronise the images locally with those on the server.

Is there a way to acheive something along these lines?

And while we're talking about multiple xbmc's. I have a couple of squeezebox's that have a funky feature which enables me to play the same music on both devices simultaneously.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Database, Images, stored remotely?0