Can't use Library Mode with TV Shows???
Hi.

So, i have finally got all my movies working in library mode, but am now having trouble with TV Shows.

Basically, the problem is that i cannot use library mode with my TV shows.

In "Movies" when i clicked library it would say "No scanned content" when i was first testing it out and had not scraped any info.

However, in TV Shows i cannot select Library mode.

I have my TV Shows structured as mentioned in the Wiki etc, and they work in file mode. But still i don't know why i am not even given the option to select Library mode?

With each TV show, season and episode i have created local thumbnails and NFOs. (MY HTPC does not have internet access, thus everything is local).

I want to be able to use Library to view the NFOs, as well as to be able to see the thumbnails and fanart presented nicely.

I just don't see why i cannot even select to use library mode.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
You're using some foreign skin by the sounds of things, but in either case the process is identical.

1. Go to where your files are, whether they be movies or tvshows.

2. Set content (via the context menu) on the root source (i.e. folder containing movies, and folder containing your tvshows - note the s).

3. Scan in to the library.

4. Switch to library view.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi jmarshall,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm using the Aeon skin. If by foreign you mean a foreign language, then no i'm just using a normal English version of Aeon.

So, i have tried setting the content (checking scan recursively).

And, as i mentioned i have all the NFOs and thumnails etc stored locally with the files.

However, even after setting content etc. i am not able to switch to Library view.

Doing it the exact same way for my movies it worked fine...However it is not working with my TV Shows for some reason.

Is there any other additional info i should be providing to give me a better chance of someone knowing/finding a solution to my problem?
I know you said you "Set Content" to "TV Shows" on your folder, but did you "Scan For New Content"? If not, it still has not added the videos to the DB.
Use PM3 or PM3.HD and check it works there. I suspect it's an AEON-ism.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, will try in the default PM3 skin and see.

I guess it very well could be an Aeon issue.

Hopefully it will be fixed then in the new release 'cause it's such a great skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't use Library Mode with TV Shows???0