Good receiver for DTS and AC-3
I rip most of my stuff in 5.1 audio with either DTS or AC-3. My mother board has the Realtek ALC888 audio with coaxial S/PDIF Out and optical out. I would like to find a receiver with hdmi 1.3 and hdmi switching, but its not necessary. I would like to find something on the cheap that will give me decent results.

My mother board is the GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0). If sound is to much of a pain to getting working on that I would be willing to grab a cheap sound card that is easier to set up.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I'm using a Creative DDTS-100 decoder. It's really a good choice if you can live without hdmi. I'm using it via SPDIF and its sounds amazing ! Especially 1536 kbps DTS : )
I've used two different Yamaha receivers with my XBMC box. Both provided HDMI switching and this last one does DTS etc. just fine. I cannot recall the model off the top of my head but I think it's the RX-V863. Not the cheapest but it's proven reliable for me and there may be other models you'll like as well. I am not sure that it's 1.3 compliant as that's pretty new though. Not sure 1.3 really buys you much to be honest. Oh and I use coax for my sound input to the receiver with XBMC, the Yamahas allow you to program which input goes where - very nice.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
For the price this is a great receiver:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6882117251
althekiller Wrote:I like how this thread went from "specifically sound" to "overclocking." It was a good attempt guys, almost a thread that could be useful in the future.

I really miss althekiller :(
Here's another option. Onkyo TX-SR506

I bought it about four months ago, and I'm very happy with it. I didn't need HDMI upconversion, and since it does passive HDMI switching, 1.3 shouldn't be a problem. I personally use it for audio only, though.
Yamaha here too, very happy with it.
return null;
The Onkyo 806 is an awesome receiver Dolby Digital, DTS, THX ULTRA 2, 5 HDMI, 130 watts by 7 channels.

I have the 805 (last years model) and works great.
herg Wrote:Here's another option. Onkyo TX-SR506

I bought it about four months ago, and I'm very happy with it. I didn't need HDMI upconversion, and since it does passive HDMI switching, 1.3 shouldn't be a problem. I personally use it for audio only, though.

I bought the 505 a short while back when they were shifting stock cheaply to make way for the 506s. The cable box we have uses audio over HDMI and that goes through quite happily. Overall, more than happy with it's performance with XBMC (using coax-digital though as the 2 opticals are full with the cable box and X360).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good receiver for DTS and AC-30