keymap.xml
wow after just playing with this file i can see plenty of benefits for this.

one option i would like is to be able to map a particular share to a button.

for example button 1 could be dvd, button 2 a relax share.

could this feature be possible?

an addtion to this would be to map a button to a particular playlist. (although i'm not sure if playlist support is available i have not played with this yet).

if this was available i could play a set of songs without even switching on the tv as i could assign playlists under the global setings:-)
the main problem i see with your examples are:

1. the shares idea depends on which window you are in (music/videos/pictures).

2. the playlist idea needs to have additional information passed with the action (such as which playlist to load).

certainly an action "select share" could be added, but obviously this would require some additional information (such as the actual share name/identifier that you want selected). this is would be easy enough to add as additional fields inside the <action> tags. this would also take care of the playlist idea as well.

additionally, the idea of "action macros" where pressing 1 button sends of a sequence of actions has already been proprosed, and the initial code is already there - basically only 1 function needs to be altered for this to be fully functional, although i'd suggest that keymap.xml would have to have a different field added to make it easier to understand (<macro></macro> for instance).

i'm sure that once more people start using keymap.xml and realizing the potential (as you have), additional actions will be added in, as well as the support for macro type actions. (for instance: switch to my videos, select a random file from a particular share and start playing it, or switch to my music, generate a random playlist and start playing etc. etc.)

i'd be very interested in hearing some more ideas/wishlists on this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well it would be nice to map a share to a button. Smile
(hmm is this possible already. have to think about it: button.... default... heh dunno)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keymap.xml0