Embedded srt subtitles in mkv files supported?
I know xbmc supports external srt subtitles but does it also support embedded srt subtitles in mkv movies? I have some mkv movies with srt subtitles but xbmc doesn't display them even though I have already enabled subtitles. I can change the subtitles language but none of them show. They work fine in VLC.

Also for mkv movies with ass subtitles how can I move the subtitles position lower? I tried changing the subtitle position from the calibration screen but that seems to only apply for external srt subtitles.

Thanks for any reply.
mkv1080p Wrote:I know xbmc supports external srt subtitles but does it also support embedded srt subtitles in mkv movies? I have some mkv movies with srt subtitles but xbmc doesn't display them even though I have already enabled subtitles. I can change the subtitles language but none of them show. They work fine in VLC.

Also for mkv movies with ass subtitles how can I move the subtitles position lower? I tried changing the subtitle position from the calibration screen but that seems to only apply for external srt subtitles.

Thanks for any reply.
Yes, they ae supported. You can change the position in System settings when calibrating the screen. SUB/IDX is either not supported or working but SRT are. Make sure you got subtitles enabled. You can switch the subtitle language as well. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. I am positive as I did some research into this because I could not get SUB/IDX to work and the converted them. A bit of a pain but not too bad.
I don't know why but I changed the subtitles color and now all of sudden subtitles are showing in the movie. Now I just need to figure out how to lower the subtitle position for ASS sub.

Quote:You can change the position in System settings when calibrating the screen.

I did that but it only works for srt formated sub and not ASS type. Maybe the position can't be changed for ASS sub.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Embedded srt subtitles in mkv files supported?0