Queueing album then shuffle displays incorrectly?
i was using cvs build 5-31-04 when i found this problem. i then got the ind release of 6-6-04 and am seeing the same problem. i'm using smb to stream mp3s off my pc. i go to my music -> network, highlight an album and then press y to queue the entire album. i press the black button to switch to the playlist view and it shows all the tracks in order as it should:
01. band name - track 01 name
02. band name - track 02 name
03. band name - track 03 name
etc.

if you press the shuffle button it then displays them like this:
01. band name - track 07 name
02. band name - track 03 name
03. band name - track 11 name
etc.

so basically it's always showing the track numbers in order from low to high on the left side while only the track name is changing. kind of confusing when you're not familiar with a cd and you only know a song by track number and not by name. it should display it like this after shuffling:
07. band name - track 07 name
03. band name - track 03 name
11. band name - track 11 name
etc.

as a secondary question...i noticed this in the bugs.txt file:
01-06-2004 fixed: my music songs playlists button speedup

what exactly did this do? i loaded up my playlists and i see absolutely no increase in speed at all. my larger playlists will still lag up to a minute or more while it's loading all the tracks.
this was changed recently to display a continuous number and not the tracknumber. its not a bug, its just a changed of behaviour. Smile

Quote:fixed: my music songs playlists button speedup
its for the button "playlists" in my music songs, this fix nearly halves the time until the directory is displayed.

greets

bobbin007
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(bobbin007 @ june 07 2004,05:07 Wrote:this was changed recently to display a continuous number and not the tracknumber. its not a bug, its just a changed of behaviour. Smile
is this "change of behavior" going to be "fixed"? :p

it's kind of annoying to me, because i listen to most of my cds in my car and 9 times out of 10 i know songs only by track number and not by name. i think i see the reasoning behind having a continuous number for the playlist, so would it be possible to just append the track number and name after that number?

maybe -
01. 07 - band name - track name
02. 03 - band name - track name
03. 18 - band name - track name
etc.

also, when exactly does it create a continuous number for the tracks in a playlist? this is the first time i've noticed it, and apparently it's only when you queue up albums manually? when i load up a pre-made playlist it doesn't display the same way, it displays it the way i like -
07 - band name - track name

thanks.
moving to the feature suggestions forum since this is not a bug
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Queueing album then shuffle displays incorrectly?0