Xbox in a HTPC (Win32)
So, I love XBMC and its been running great on my HTPC but I have a few questions and I have attempted searching for answers but then again I dont' know how to phrase it so maybe that's why I can't find it....doh.

ANywho,
Is it possible to put the original xbox into HTPC and run the emulators, apps from the Windows version? And if so, would it be possible to swap out the DVD player that the xbox uses and make it use the combo-drive (including a Blu-Ray Player) on the HTPC?

So I guess it's a xbox, per se, running all the movies, games, etc. on a HTPC machine that supports 1080p and HDMI outputs?
jman06 Wrote:So, I love XBMC and its been running great on my HTPC but I have a few questions and I have attempted searching for answers but then again I dont' know how to phrase it so maybe that's why I can't find it....doh.

ANywho,
Is it possible to put the original xbox into HTPC and run the emulators, apps from the Windows version? And if so, would it be possible to swap out the DVD player that the xbox uses and make it use the combo-drive (including a Blu-Ray Player) on the HTPC?

So I guess it's a xbox, per se, running all the movies, games, etc. on a HTPC machine that supports 1080p and HDMI outputs?

I don't think it's viable to put the guts of an xbox inside a PC and have all the components interact with each other and play nice. All the components may look similar but from what little I know they talk different languages, to put it simply.

PC's are hard enough to get working with components that are designed to fit together, nevermind trying to mash different types.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox in a HTPC (Win32)0