Apple TV
Ok guys i have installed boxy and xbmc on my apple tv, so im wondering how can i stream my movies that i have on my pc windows to my apple tv? do i need to install anything else? Can i stream them through my wireless network?
Thanx!
george86 Wrote:Ok guys i have installed boxy and xbmc on my apple tv, so im wondering how can i stream my movies that i have on my pc windows to my apple tv? do i need to install anything else? Can i stream them through my wireless network?
Thanx!

If you're completely new to XBMC I would suggest for starters going here:
http://xbmc.org/

Has lots of info and will answer your most questions.

On the other hand if you want to quickly check your movies, in XBMC go into videos, then Add Source, locate smb shares and navigate to your video folder on your PC. Also 'Set Content' to imdb if movies.
I too just installed on my ATV and very impressed. I setup SMB shares successfully for pictures and videos.

I added an SMB share for music but get an "Invalid Argument" error.

All the shares are located on the same server and I'm using the same username / pwd for all shares. I verified permissions and reset at the top level and pushed down to all three shares.

Any ideas on why this one share isn't working?
How do u setup the smb? Do i need to create sharing folder on my dekstop first, and then connect it through wireless network? Thanx
yes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV0