enable web interface from xbmc package (hardy)
I installed from the lunchpad packages and would like a web ui to control xbmc

I have files in /usr/share/xbmc/web/

but default.asp speaks of .net type stuff

do I need to install mono to get this working? it appears that mono can't live in the same webserver as php5 and it uninstalls lots of stuff (including zoneminder) when I try and install it.

does anyone have instructions on how to enable the web ui on ubuntu hardy?

right now my only way of controlling it is via synergy2.sf.net which is sub optimal!
Webserver in 64bit is broken atm.

I know AlTheKiller is toying with a new server in his branch...

TheUni
What about the 32 bit version? I'm running under ubuntu, but shouldn't there be a howto or something to get the webserver set up to display the .asp pages since it's a linux server (apache)?
Go to system settings in XBMC and you should find the option to enable the webserver under the "network settings" tab. You'll be able to use the web interface after that.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=The_Web_Interface
Thumbs Up 
yup thanks! I thought I had to add it to my existing apache config to get it to show up. but it appears a webserver is built right into xbmc and it's able to show all the pages it needs to. very slick (even if I do need to put it on a different port)

my problem was I can barely read the on screen menus (on my crt tv) so I was trying to set it all up remotely. which is tough to do.

x11vnc isn't working for me so I have to do it all on my tv with synergy
Great. I enabled it and can connect to it, but it asks for a username and password. XBMC only lets me set the password...what's the username? I tried the linux username that XBMC is running under, "Master user" "XBMC", blank, etc... nothing?
Question 
I had the same problem and had to turn off passwords and that worked.

there is also some comment about changing the auth method used if you're trying to connect with Firefox but I couldn't find where to update that either Sad
xbox or XBOX might work for a user, been awhile heh. VNC will work IF you turn on Compiz effects on the desktop, you will want these off in the final config but it's the only way I've been able to see what XBMC is doing via VNC. Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Username is still "xbox".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enable web interface from xbmc package (hardy)0