• 22(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
Thanks analogue.

Well it's doing something now.If I watch live tv, it'll schedule the program, and I confirmed that it starts recording, but not in the recordings directory.

This seems like a problem to me. since I assume that the script plays the recording from the recordings directory that I mounted from my backend.

The 0.23 backend by default uses /var/lib/mythtv/livetv/ for livetv, and /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/ for recorded programs. When I try to watch livetv, the recorded show gets put in livetv, and not into recordings. So I went into the mythtv backend settings and changed the livetv directory to be the same as the recordings directory. Now when I try to watch livetv, the .mpg shows in the recordings directory on my frontend. I also confirmed that the video file can be played on another computer.

But the video still won't start playing in mythbox. When I choose a show to watch, the script hangs for a minute, and then does nothing. My debug log doesn't seem to be very helpful:

Code:
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 96 | threading.local() already allocated
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 114 | Going to acquire resource
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 120 | --> injected conn <mythbox.mythtv.conn.Connection object at 0x9c7950c> into <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 96 | threading.local() already allocated
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 111 | Skipping acquire resource
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1197 | write -> 23      GET_FREE_RECORDER_COUNT
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1155 | retMsg: [8] 1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1160 |  i=0 n=1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1163 | total read = 1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1165 | read  <- 1
DEBUG | mythbox.perf | util.py | MainThread | Line 326 | TIMER: getNumFreeTuners took 0.25 seconds
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 96 | threading.local() already allocated
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 126 | Going to acquire resource
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 132 | --> injected db <mythbox.mythtv.db.MythDatabase object at 0xa8a7404> into <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
DEBUG | mythbox.perf | util.py | MainThread | Line 326 | TIMER: getTuners took 0.00 seconds
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 141 | --> removed db <mythbox.mythtv.db.MythDatabase object at 0xa8a7404> from <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 111 | Skipping acquire resource
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1197 | write -> 33      QUERY_RECORDER 1[]:[]IS_RECORDING
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1155 | retMsg: [8] 1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1160 |  i=0 n=1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1163 | total read = 1
DEBUG | mythbox.wire | conn.py | MainThread | Line 1165 | read  <- 0
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 96 | threading.local() already allocated
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 126 | Going to acquire resource
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 132 | --> injected db <mythbox.mythtv.db.MythDatabase object at 0xa8a7404> into <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
DEBUG | mythbox.perf | util.py | MainThread | Line 326 | TIMER: getChannels took 0.00 seconds
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | db.py | MainThread | Line 141 | --> removed db <mythbox.mythtv.db.MythDatabase object at 0xa8a7404> from <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
DEBUG | mythbox.ui | livetv.py | MainThread | Line 63 | Found tuner 1 to view channel 10_2
DEBUG | mythbox.inject | conn.py | MainThread | Line 125 | --> removed conn <mythbox.mythtv.conn.Connection object at 0x9c7950c> from <thread._local object at 0x9c7b0c8>
How do I install Mythbox as an add on in Dharma? I see from the forums that some people have already figured this out. I am pretty new to this, so I hope there is a fairly non technical solution e.g. install as zip file?
ericdunn Wrote:How do I install Mythbox as an add on in Dharma? I see from the forums that some people have already figured this out. I am pretty new to this, so I hope there is a fairly non technical solution e.g. install as zip file?

If I remember right I did the following.

1. Download copy of source from the repository

Get a local copy of the mythbox repository with this command:
hg clone https://mythbox.googlecode.com/hg/ mythbox

2. Make a folder under /home/user/.xbmc/addons. I named mine
plugin.video.mythbox

3. Copy the downloaded source folder into the new addons folder.

4. Load XBMC,run Mythbox from Programs tab and configure.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:If I remember right I did the following.

1. Download copy of source from the repository

Get a local copy of the mythbox repository with this command:
hg clone https://mythbox.googlecode.com/hg/ mythbox

How to to this on windows?
axios Wrote:How to to this on windows?

Mythbox code repository
http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/

Applications to download source in Windows
http://mercurial.selenic.com/downloads/
Dobyken Wrote:Mythbox code repository
http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/

Applications to download source in Windows
http://mercurial.selenic.com/downloads/

I only see RC1 listed...I thought RC2 was out? As for the link you included...is that a program we use to compile the source code from the google code base?
avus m3 Wrote:I only see RC1 listed...I thought RC2 was out? As for the link you included...is that a program we use to compile the source code from the google code base?

RC1 is the only "Released" version. The second link to Mercurial that allows Windows users to connect and download the source files from the google code repository. Being python scripts there is no need to compile the code. The files just need to be in the correct folders.
I have a quick question, now that the add-on system is there do you intend on adapting your work to a pvr-testing2 branch addon ? I am interested in creating an addon for that branch and would rather join forces if you plan on doing it too.
Hello all!

I am having some dialog box weirdness. I am using RC2 with the latest SVN (9-15-10) updates. When I try to schedule a recording from the guide, is seems that all the selections are not pointing to the correct setting selections. See pic.

Here is a shot of the "delete recording" dialog

I am using Dharma Beta2 with the default Confluence skin. Any ideas?

Thanks

RR
Question 
First of all: Really good work analogue!!!

I have been using mythbox for a few month now and have to say it is absolutely great. Big Grin Easy to setup and it does pretty much what I want. Even my wife is using it and until now has not given me any grief.

I usually schedule recordings and then watch these, however since replacing my TV with an ASUS ION board and a big screen, I started to watch more live TV and found this little oddity. My setup is an HD homerun and both tuners are configured in my MythTV-Backend, so I usually have 2 tuners available and can watch live TV and flick through channels.

The issue arises when one tuner is busy recording a scheduled recording. This means I still have one tuner to watch live TV and there shoudl be no problem. The first time I select a channel there is no problem at all, but as soon as I then try to switch channels I get the message that all tuner(s) are already busy. Which is true. I am using one to watch TV and one to record something in the background. I would expect that when I select a new channel the myth-backend detects that I am the client that chose to watch the current program in the first place and switches that tuner to the new program but this does not happen, instead I get the message that all tuners are busy.

I have played around a little and noticed that when I have both tuners available the following happens:
  1. I start mythbox, both tuners are idle
  2. I chose Live TV and chose for arguments sake BBC1
    • mythbackend uses tuner 1 to play BBC1, whilst tuner 2 remains idle
  3. I decide that BBC1 is boring and change to ITV
    • myth-backend uses tuner 2 to play back ITV (at this point both tuners are busy)
    • shortly after mythtvbackend realises that I am not watching BBC1 anymore and tuner 1 becomes idle.

I hope this is making sense.... Huh

I have tried the same in with the mythTV frontend and low and behold it does only ever use tuner1 for the same example and hence copes with channel changes whilst one tuner is recording something else.

So in short to watch live TV and flick through channels I always have to have at least one spare tuner.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or can someone try to replicate this to see whether it is a genuine bug or just something odd in my setup.
rottenrocky Wrote:Hello all!

I am having some dialog box weirdness. I am using RC2 with the latest SVN (9-15-10) updates. When I try to schedule a recording from the guide, is seems that all the selections are not pointing to the correct setting selections. See pic.

Here is a shot of the "delete recording" dialog

I am using Dharma Beta2 with the default Confluence skin. Any ideas?

Thanks

RR

I get the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a skinning issue or Mythbox is selecting the wrong data set. I do see Analogue making changes to the code...He just doesn't talk much.
I installed mythbox as per msg #318. When I select 'test settings' I get a dialog box called June which reports "No Cache".

What am I doing wrong?

Running dharma beta-2 33678 and Karmic. My myth backend is on a separate pc where recording are stored and made accessible via samba. I don't run a myth frontend instead playing recordings in xbmc. Contents of mythbox.log is below.

Code:
INFO | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | Mythbox Logger Initialized
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[0] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[1] = /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[2] = /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[3] = /usr/lib/xbmc/system/python/python24.zip
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[4] = /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/lib/python24.zip
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[5] = /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/lib/python2.4/
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[6] = /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/lib/python2.4/plat-linux2
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[7] = /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/lib/python2.4/lib-tk
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[8] = /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[9] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/src
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[10] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/pyxcoder
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[11] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/decorator
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[12] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/odict
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[13] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/elementtree
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[14] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/tvdb_api
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[15] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/themoviedb
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[16] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/IMDbPY
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[17] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/simplejson
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[18] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/mysql-connector-python
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[19] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/python-twitter
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[20] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/twisted
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | syspath[21] = /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mythbox/resources/lib/zope.interface
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | Default Check interval: 100
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | New Check interval: 0
INFO | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | Mythbox Platform Initialized
DEBUG | mythbox.core | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | Settings =
aggressive_caching = False
livetv_last_selected = 0
recordings_last_selected = 0
fanart_google = True
paths_ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg
fanart_imdb = True
mysql_database = mythconverg
recordings_recording_group = Default
recordings_sort_by = Date
lirc_hack = False
paths_recordedprefix = /usr/data2/MythTV
mysql_host = ANTEC300
feeds_twitter = mythboxfeed
recorded_view_by = 2
mysql_encoding_override = latin1
fanart_tvdb = True
recordings_sort_ascending = False
confirm_on_delete = True
upcoming_view_by = 2
mysql_password = mythtv
fanart_tmdb = True
logging_enabled = False
mysql_user = mythtv
schedules_last_selected = 0
mysql_port = 3306
tv_guide_last_selected = 0

WARNING | mythbox.core | __init__.py | Thread-2 | Line 1072 | Failed to check for updates
WARNING | mythbox.ui | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 | Backend info
WARNING | mythbox.ui | __init__.py | MainThread | Line 1072 |     Backend {ip = 192.168.1.11, hostname = antec300.home.org, port = 6543, master = True}
WARNING | mythbox.fanart | __init__.py | Thread-7 | Line 1072 | TVDB errored out on "Gardeners' World" with error "'poster'"

thanks, paul
pshepherd Wrote:I installed mythbox as per msg #318. When I select 'test settings' I get a dialog box called June which reports "No Cache".

What am I doing wrong?

thanks, paul

It's something related to RC2 because when I copied over the new files using HG I got the same cache message. RC1 worked OK other than the incorrect text on some of the menus. I copied all the mythbox files from my backup and it's working again. Perhaps you can download RC1 and manually copy all the files from the resources folder into the mythbox addon folder. With RC1 you can at least watch live tv, use the guide and watch recordings. I'm unable to schedule any recordings yet. FYI..don't get any ideas that I'm an expert on anything...I just had some spare time to fiddle with this.
Ok thanks, I originally tried RC1 but I seemed to be missing addon.xml and couldn't start it from the programs menu. Will look again.

paul
I saw this
http://mythbox.googlecode.com/files/mythbox-RC2.tar.gz

RC2 is out ....
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4