Windows MCE remote problems - IR Server suite & Event Ghost
I had MCE windows remote working fine with XBMC using IR Remote Suite beta. However it just stopped working at first i thought it was because i disabled some services:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43216

However a fresh windows install has not fixed the issue.... But essentially if im simply using the native windows drivers the remote functions fine as far as the native xp drivers allow ( which is not very much in XBMC ).

So attempting to install both IR Server suite and event ghost both of these totally stop my remote functioning. Removing them then reinstalling the windows driver ( forcing an uninstall and plugging back in ) makes the remotes basic functions return.

So why are both IR Server Suite and Event Ghost not working at all no matter what i try ? Ive spent countless hours over the last few days trying to sort this problem and its driving me crazy SadSad Sad Any help is appreciated....

Loads of searches on these forums and Event Ghost forums brings up nothing... im totally lost... No
So no one can help Sad
I'm also struggling with a "compatible" MCE remote : Ione/iTron Libra Q11, so I understand your frustration.

- Does Windows install your MCE remote correctly ?
- Do you see it in the Device Manager ?
Hi guys,

It is my understanding that you dont need IR server suite and event ghost.

I am on vista and just installed eventghost, loaded the MCE plugin for the remote and loaded the XBMC plugin and that was it. Done.

To stop things like the MCE and the shutdown button I disabled the HIDS service under windows and its all good.
Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows MCE remote problems - IR Server suite & Event Ghost0