• 55(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
moby-uk Wrote:@ashlar: no, if true, it's not intentional; you shouldn't change anything in system unless you're willing to lose it on upgrade

@pkellum/tmxbmc/ralpha9994: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi..._debug_log

I don't have the xbmc.log file Huh
I downloaded the build from this link:
http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...v22516.zip

Edit:
I originally had Babylon 9.04 installed and selected to store all settings in "Program Files". Then when I upgraded to rev 22516, I expected it to still use Program Files. But it seems to default to the AppData folder.
Finally, updating the playercorefactory.xml in AppData works correctly.
tmxbmc Wrote:I don't have the xbmc.log file Huh
I downloaded the build from this link:
http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...v22516.zip
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...located.3F

Read the above, it tells you the location of the log.
Have I done something wrong here? I have the following saved as playercorefactory.xml in my userdata folder:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="KMP" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*|.*1080.*" player="KMP"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But it wont launch external player. Can anyone help me?

Cheers, Oli
oliphillips Wrote:Have I done something wrong here? I have the following saved as playercorefactory.xml in my userdata folder:

But it wont launch external player. Can anyone help me?

Cheers, Oli

What version of XBMC?

[LINUX] HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34655
or
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO post a problem in a useful manner - http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42708
1. XBMC Build 22928
2. Win7 RTM 64bit
3. AMD Phenom x4 940 3Ghz, 64bit
4. 4GB, 1066MHz Ram
5. Geforce 9600GT
6. M4N72-E Onboard Sound

I'm trying to get it so KMPlayer is the external player for .mkv files. Anything else you would need to know to help, let me know

Cheers ,Oli
oliphillips Wrote:I'm trying to get it so KMPlayer is the external player for .mkv files. Anything else you would need to know to help, let me know

Cheers ,Oli

Assume you're aware that with the file rule you've got it will only attempt to open files that have 720p or 1080 in the filename?

Debug log would be helpful so we can see what XBMC is attempting to do. Maybe KMPlayer doesn't accept the "/fullscreen /close "{1}"" arguments?
I've also tried it the MPHC too. I'll try get a debug now
Here is my log file. Please note I had various attempts at this with a couple of different .xml files, with MPCH and KMPlayer attempted to be used as external player.

P.S. Yes would like it only for 720p and 1080p files. And the files I am testing have .720p. in the title.

Badly posted debug removed
Badly posted debug removed

Ah, just noticed:

Quote:21:26:47 T:116 M:863092736 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
21:26:47 T:116 M:863088640 NOTICE: No advancedsettings.xml to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)

This has gotta be something to do with it right? Should I have the .xml in another place then? (I have it is C:/Program Files (86)/XBMC/userdata at the moment)
Eeeep.. always use Pastebin for posting debuglogs lest the post be nuked.

Anyways, yeah, looks like you've hit the nail on the head.

If you look earlier in the log you can see..
21:26:47 T:116 M:864505856 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\oLipHiLL\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

So you want your .xml file to be placed there.
double post.....need to delete!! sorry for all this
Sweet!

I got LaunchPlayer working for all HD videos (MPC-HC). Seamless? Not quite (yet).

There's a few things which I notice, and would like to eliminate them if possible:

* When I run the video, XBMC shows a dialog, something along the lines of... 'press ok to cancel player' can I remove this somehow? (it's just a distraction)

* When the video is finished it closes MPC-HC and returns to XBMC (great). But in between, there is a brief period where my desktop is shown (and the start bar). Can I eliminate this at all to make it all a bit more seamless?

regards,
Pants.
No, it's because XBMC is loading an external player and when that closes, XBMC needs to resume, hence the flickering effect.

It's normal.
I would be very grateful for any insight into this. I cannot get an external player to play on top of XBMC at all. I have created a new playercorefactory.xml file:

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="TME" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Extreme\Digital Theatre\uDTStart.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
- <player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="ts" filename=".*skytv.*" player="MPC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I have tried different values for hidexbmc, but the external player always stays in the background. Even ALT TAB does not work.

I am using SVN 22516 on Windows 7/64. Everything else works fine. The only reason I want external player is to playback videos created with the Hauppage HD PVR, which do not behave with XBMC.

I hope someone has had this issue before.

Heres hoping, Richard
@RDHoworth: others have had problems with total media. if you hold on for the directx builds to get stable then the situation should be better.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11