• 67(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
Good afternoon to all. Excuse my bad English.
Are new and I am trying to use MPC-HC as external Player with 9.11 Camelot. I have compiled the playercorefactory as described in the previous pages and inserted in c: \ Programmi \ xbmc \ userdata but not working. This is my playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programmi\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

Thank you.
Gladi.
gladi1971: check the post number 985 and 986 on page 99, the previous page. You need to add "rules" to make it work.
abba77 thanks. I have added "rules" but nothing.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|wmv|m2ts|ts|flv|swf|m4v|mp4" player="mpc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Help me!!!!
gladi1971, your player names don't match. Under the rules section you have player="mpc", but under your players section you have the name defined as "MPC-HC". Pick one name and make them consistent.
yep, like Scott said. Here, I make it even easier gladi Tongue

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|wmv|m2ts|ts|flv|swf|m4v|mp4" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I like hidexbmc true, but it's your choice.
thanks Scott R and abba77 but still does not work.
I copied and pasted but nothing. I click the right mouse button but I do not quit "play with". Whats wrong? Bhooo?
Gladi.
gladi, i just tried this and it worked perfectly.

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="externalplayer" audio="false" video="true">
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

1. make sure the filename path is correct.
2. make sure the file playercorefactory.xml is in the XBMC\system folder
3. make sure you dont have external player section in advancedsettings.xml file

if it doesnt work, i dont know. what version of xbmc are you using?
Thanks Abba77. Now ok! Playercorefactory was in userdata and not in system. (I thought that it had to be in userdata)
Gladi.
gladi1971 Wrote:Thanks Abba77. Now ok! Playercorefactory was in userdata and not in system. (I thought that it had to be in userdata)
Gladi.

yes i checked and the wiki says in userdata folder, so you were doing it the right way. i never tried that and put it in system folder always. maybe something changed since the wiki was last updated. but im glad its working now. Smile
abba77 Wrote:yes i checked and the wiki says in userdata folder, so you were doing it the right way. i never tried that and put it in system folder always. maybe something changed since the wiki was last updated. but im glad its working now. Smile

Its always gone in userdata, doesn't matter if you are using external player for everything if not then your going to lose all the default settings and rules in the original playercorefactory.xml
thats what i was just thinking. i guess it didnt matter to me because all i use it for, at least for now is avi and mkv files. no dvd, pics or music.

any clue why it wouldnt work in userdata for gladi?
abba77 Wrote:thats what i was just thinking. i guess it didnt matter to me because all i use it for, at least for now is avi and mkv files. no dvd, pics or music.

any clue why it wouldnt work in userdata for gladi?

Was it in the right userdata folder by that I mean it only goes in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata if your using portable mod ?

In any case turning debug on would tell you if there's anything wrong in your playercorefactory.xml
Have anyone tried some of the latest snapshots? Have the "100% CPU busy loop" and the external player desktop "flickering" issues been resolved yet?
Hi, is there any possiblity to use this mechanism to trigger an XBMC script rather than an external player? The reason I ask is that I've created a script to integrate makemkvcon bluray streaming playback which works fine but you need to run the script and browse for the file, it would be much nicer if this could be triggered from within the normal video library.
Apologies for the noob question but is it possible to configure an external player such as MPC-HC and have the xbmc interface still running on top for info etc or does it just switch to the external player and then back once the video is finished?

I ask as I'm having problems with lossless 1080p in xbmc with DXVA but everything else upto 1080p scene rips plays fine. Lossless 1080p plays fine under Live with VDPAU but I have audio issues I need to resolve and I just prefer to run under win7.

My options seem to be configuring an external player (though ideally with xbmc skin on top if possible) or seeing if a Crystal HD will solve the problem.

Any advice for a noob?
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11