[XBOX] Can't run python - get error zlib not available - fresh install. Help!
I tried 2 releases:

* T3CH XBMC 2008-12-30 **FIXED** SVN rev16762:
* T3CH XBMC 2008-11-13 8.10 PROPER

fresh installs each time. Can't run any python scripts or plugins. Python script output window says:
zipimport.zipimporterror:can't decompress data ; zlib not available.

Tried reinstalling python from:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...em/python/
that didn't help

Saw this problem reported a few times, but I'm yet to find a solution.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ross
I just sent you an email. Check your box.

iRoN BiLL
Got the PM, thanks. Still looking for a solution though.
Tried loading another older release:
XBMC-SVN_2007-12-23_rev11071-T3CH

Still having a problem - none of the scripts work, including the ones that came with distribution.

My XBMC is installed in Apps\XBMC on e drive. Hard mod XBOX.

I also tried copying and running XBMC from another location - still no go.
Any idea what this can be?
... would really like to get the plug-in thing going.

Thanks
Ross
have you overwritten the files or deleted and copied them again?
I deleted the whole directory e:\apps\xbmc and copied the new installation over. Had to run XBMC from DVD to do the upgrade, since it stalls when it's directory get's deleted. May be there are some setting files remaining elsewhere on hdd?
Nope, no other files somewhere.

Can you please post a Debug Log when trying to run scripts/plugins. See link in my sig.
blittan Wrote:Nope, no other files somewhere.

Can you please post a Debug Log when trying to run scripts/plugins. See link in my sig.

blittan, thanks for the reply!

Ok, I enabled debug logging and tried running a couple python scripts (Tetris and XBMC Lyrics) - I checked that python errors showed up in the debug log. I've put the debug log here:
http://pastebin.com/m5c6cb143

And this is Python Scripts Output/Debug info

-->Python Initialized<--
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\Tetris\default.py", line 9, in 7
import re, random, math, threading, time, traceback
zipimport.ZipimportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
-->Python Initialized<--
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\XBMC Lyrics\default.py", line 5, in 7
import os
zipimport.ZipimportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
djenyc Wrote:I deleted the whole directory e:\apps\xbmc and copied the new installation over. Had to run XBMC from DVD to do the upgrade, since it stalls when it's directory get's deleted. May be there are some setting files remaining elsewhere on hdd?

If its stalling on deleting that folder you may need to format your E drive i had this problem with unleashx it stores its cache in X drive and it cant be removed by deleting it you have to format X drive in unleashx then all works fine though my hdd did give up eventually files weren't coping over crashing not playing stuff.

so trying backing up your E drive files then load unleashx with a custom config ( in the code box ) and format your E drive then copy your backup over without XBMC then pur a fresh copy on see if this fixes your problem if it doesn't could be the hdd.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Unleashx>
<Menu>
<Item Action="Format" Arg1=”E”> Format E</Item>
<Item Action="Filemanager">File Explorer</Item>
</Menu>
</Unleashx>

...Backup your E drive first...

if you have an F drive then just backup your files to there using the filemanager if you don't then its FTP time.

save that as Config.xml then get a hold of unleashX put that on your hdd load it up and pick format E once done load up your XBMC disc and copy over your backup - XBMC once you have done that get your new build of XBMC and put it on and that should be you.

Remember not to backup your old XBMC folder as this seems to be the culprit.

Hope this helps you.
Rocky5, I only had problem deleting XBMC directory (E:\Apps\XBMC) while running XBMC from that same directory. When running XBMC from CD, it deleted everything fine. So it's a fresh install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Can't run python - get error zlib not available - fresh install. Help!0