[XboX] Script running as cron and reporting uptime
Question 
I've looked and looked again, and used search with every possible term i could think of, and still ended up blank...

I was thinking of writing a plugin that could report the XboX's uptime to a server to keep track of it (if it's online or not).
It would require both possibility for scheduled tasks, and a way to fetch the uptime from the xbox. As it's originally MS based, it feels like it should exist a "GetTicks()" function as it does in Windows. But is this information available thru python??
And how about these scheduled updates, how would they be done?

So it's both a feature suggestion, and a straight question.
1. Is it possible to run scheduled tasks at the XboX XBMC
2. Is it possible to fetch uptime from XboX thru XBMC so an .py script can interpret it.

I don't know if this is the right forum, but i hope so. If not i ask mods to please move my post to correct forum.
you could use python for it, just make the script autostart and post data to a webpage or write it to a file..
Yes, i've thought about this way. But it would require calculation on the serverside on when it started... And it would actually never know when the box shuts down (only one send, at startup)...
Would be better sending at regular intervals.
A combination of RSS-feed & .py at startup could give a valid solution for such thing however.
The .py reports at startup that the box started, the rss-feed are updated at regular intervals and tells the page that it actually is "alive".

This would give an enough accurate count on uptime of XBMC on it, by assuming alot.

Anyone else knows a way to fetch the XboX real uptime from a function in the api (i've looked but couldn't find it, therefore i ask u scripters).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XboX] Script running as cron and reporting uptime0