My feeling's of late about the XBMC Community Forum members attitude
Or just contribute to tmdb. The tvdb would be where it is today without a lot of user participation.

Quote:Now we have another issue where the Dev's seem fit to remove at random features that some of us rather just been left alone. Again bringing this up gets a thread locked too.
Is there something other than IMDB that this holds true for?

Let me start by saying I don't really see this happening very much, but as for your points on threads being locked too soon & people jumping down other's throats... you have to understand that the devs are devs, NOT PR people. I'm not saying it makes rudeness acceptable, but I am saying that you can't expect certain people to be cordial and nice about dumb questions they've answered 50 times before & are easily searchable. It isn't their job. Their job is to make the media center. (also I want to mention I rarely see flat-out rudeness, a lot of answers are short and to the point, but that is different from rude).

Let me also say this, after a quick look through your posts, I can't see that you've ever answered anyone's questions, so you don't really have the right to complain about how questions are answered. You've given bug reports, etc, (which are helpful, thanks for that!) but as far as I can tell, you haven't ever seen a post and just answered someone's question without any benefit to yourself. Sorry if I missed something, but even if I did you haven't exactly been prolific at helping others (whereas someone like Jester clearly has).

Quote:saw people as unfairly treated when asking simiple questions, or reasons why features are cut. Just flat out attacks, and it makes the whole place feel unwelcomed.
links, or it never happened? especially to the flat out attacks....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by mr.b - 2009-01-24, 22:57
[No subject] - by gabbott - 2009-01-24, 23:34
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2009-01-25, 00:04
[No subject] - by warwon - 2009-01-25, 00:12
[No subject] - by rwparris2 - 2009-01-25, 00:12
[No subject] - by smcnally75 - 2009-01-25, 04:43
[No subject] - by warwon - 2009-01-25, 16:40
[No subject] - by paul - 2009-01-25, 17:30
[No subject] - by warwon - 2009-01-25, 18:22
[No subject] - by paul - 2009-01-25, 19:05
[No subject] - by warwon - 2009-01-25, 22:02