Stream Live TV to XBMC
Sad 
hi,
i was wondering if anybody knows how i could go about streaming live tv to xbmc, there is no interface like xbmc for the pc and i would prefer to hide my pvr system and just have my xbox out under my tv but obviously there is no tv in to perform pvr type functions, i figured if i could stream the tv braodcast over my network that would be the next best thing, i would appreciate any ideas, i have tried things like watching the mpeg created by the pause function on my pvr software but t creates multi files which xbmc isnt able to seamlessly play.

thanks
paul
there is an interface on the pc like xbmc, its called media portal
try using windows media encoder with your tv tuner and create a pls file on the xbox with http://ip:port. i've done this to watch live tv on my pocketpc. have not tried xbox but i don't see why it wouldn't work.
thanks, i will give that a try, i have looked at media portal actually, and it promises to be everything that other pvr's arnt, but its still got a while to go, i find it amazing that companies charge for some of the rubbish they sell, they arnt even in the same decade as xbmc or media portal
hi, i have the media encoder working fine, i can connect to the server from other machines, when i try connect from xbmc using a .pls file it thinks its a shoutcast, any idea how to get it to expect a windows media stream

thanks
paul
just in case anybody is interested i have it working perfectly now using media encoder series 9, the url in the .pls file should just start with mms e.g. mms://192.168.0.103:1234 and make sure you have the codecs of the mplayer site in the mplayer codecs directory and there you go, live tv, you can even pause (although that is still a bit dodgy sometimes but i was impressed)
there really is nothing like xbmc!!! :0)

thanks
paul
Smile 
heya, after reading this post i was destined to get live tv running through my xbox. this made me very excited. i downloaded windows media encoder.. when installing it i had some problems, windows xp complained about it not passing the logo test adn wouldn't install it.. well i tried again.. and while looking for an answer to override that it installed (i think correctly). i'm using an ati all in wonder 128 rage, and whenever it comes up in the wme the screen is green and purple under all settings except for high definition wich requires lots of system resources to run and also a heavy connection to stream too. do you have any idea i could get it to run in say vhs quality mode with the correct colorization? i'm able to stream now but the colors are totally screwed unless i use high def and my computers not powerful enough to run that. also it's not my card because when i try to capture in anything else the color is fine. any help would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Live TV to XBMC0