special:// causing scripts to stop working
Same problem. The svn installer gives me a failed to install for ever script (I grabbed the latest svn repo installer just in case.)

The folders were auto created - P:\plugin_data and U:\ and so one

I tried changing them to P:\\plugin_data and so on but that did not fix it.
Aenima99x Wrote:svn up -r revision_number

thanks of the reply, but one question though, do i run this from the folder where i have downloaded the original svn?? i ask because i erased that HuhHuh

anyways .. im downloading it again [ svn checkout https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...xport/XBMC ]
and then i will try
megacrypto Wrote:thanks of the reply, but one question though, do i run this from the folder where i have downloaded the original svn?? i ask because i erased that HuhHuh

anyways .. im downloading it again [ svn checkout https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...xport/XBMC ]
and then i will try
Yeah you run it from the XBMC folder it creates
jmarshall Wrote:Then it has nothing to do with special:// paths, as all the changes were in by r17540. I shall test latest SVN in a few moments.

Any update on this?
As I already said: It has nothing to do with special:// paths, as they were already in and finished as of r17540.

Thus, it's something else. I have no idea what, as everything works perfectly at my end. I suspect it's something silly like you're running on win32 using -p and you don't have write access to the XBMC folder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:As I already said: It has nothing to do with special:// paths, as they were already in and finished as of r17540.

Thus, it's something else. I have no idea what, as everything works perfectly at my end. I suspect it's something silly like you're running on win32 using -p and you don't have write access to the XBMC folder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
*sigh* Not running Win32, running Ubuntu Intrepid. Full write access to all folders. As I said before, something in one of the builds is screwing up the plugins and scripts. I have just found that 17540 is a perfect working build for me....any build higher than 17550 breaks the scripts/plugins. I haven't been able to try any of the build between 17540 and 17550 yet.
r17550 is the cause. davilla has it fixed in his local copy, so once that gets in it'll be fine. If you wish to fix it yourself, remove the #ifdef from CURL::IsDOSPath().

The key is that you're not running on win32. This info could have probably saved us some time, but that's as much my fault as it is yours Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The key is that you're not running on win32. This info could have probably saved us some time, but that's as much my fault as it is yours Wink

Posting in the Linux section would be an indication that it is a Linux build.
fixed in svn 17632 Smile
Thanks JMarshall & Davilla.

@ JackieBrown Wink Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
special:// causing scripts to stop working0