• 12(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
hitman936 Wrote:Hi all thanks for all the help but new babie stuck once again getting errors when running runvdr

vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/channels.conf'
vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/commands.conf.'
vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/reccmds.conf

Thanks
hitman936

Hi,
For "vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/commands.conf."
and "vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/reccmds.conf"
This is not a problem here. But for "vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/channels.conf", you must apply section 4 of Freezy howto :
4 Find channels on your network.
hitman936 Wrote:vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/channels.conf'

Like Sosi posted you need the channels configured, like in regular TV Wink:
vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/channels.conf'

Dont worry about the other two conf files, they are not important for this setup.
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
splinux Wrote:Thanks very much it works now.
I had a quick look at it, and it seems to be very nice work Smile
I had some freezes while switching channels, is related to some existing bugs, or do I have to check my installation ?
Also when starting live TV I get a window telling something like "updating tv data this may take some time". It stays there forever. I need to push ok and TV again. Is that normal ?

many thanks
sp

I' glad it worked out for you, I do get updating tv... too just press ok and try it again after 30sec-1min. As for freezes i don't have that problem maybe you should try another revision of xbmc try anything from 18100 to 18173 more than that you loose TV part. I personally use revision 18173, Oohh i almost forgot i did had problem with 18100 if you are using that.. my system freezes and cpu load was like 70% sometimes 100% just running xbmc it even get worst when i try to watch videos or live tv.
hi and many thanks all for all the help i fixed the vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/channels.conf'
that ok now
as far as i can see the problem is still

they are missing from the /etc/vdr and i can not find them so i can copy them to the /etc/vdr
Thanks
Hi,

I have trouble compiling the patched streamdev.
I'm using this patch:
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/attachment/tick...4.patch.gz

Here's what I do:
Code:
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot login
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/var/cvsroot co -D 2/18/09 streamdev
wget http://www.xbmc.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/5595/streamdev-cvs180209-vdr-1.7.4_xbmc-v4.patch.gz
gunzip streamdev-cvs180209-vdr-1.7.4_xbmc-v4.patch.gz
patch -p0 < streamdev-cvs180209-vdr-1.7.4_xbmc-v4.patch
No rejects.

VDR is patched (getRecordingsEvent)
The result of make:
Code:
./server/connectionVTP.h: In constructor 'cConnectionVTP::cConnectionVTP()':
./server/connectionVTP.h:36: warning: 'cConnectionVTP::m_LSTTHandler' will be initialized after
./server/connectionVTP.h:30: warning:   'RecPlayer* cConnectionVTP::m_RecPlayer'
server/connectionVTP.c:555: warning:   when initialized here
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function 'bool cConnectionVTP::CmdREAD(char*)':
server/connectionVTP.c:854: warning: format '%u' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function 'bool cConnectionVTP::CmdPLAY(char*)':
server/connectionVTP.c:911: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'uint32_t'
server/connectionVTP.c:902: warning: unused variable 'recordings'
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function 'bool cConnectionVTP::CmdLSTR(char*)':
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'tEventID'
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 6 has type 'int'
server/connectionVTP.c:1278: warning: too many arguments for format
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function 'bool cConnectionVTP::CmdRENR(char*)':
server/connectionVTP.c:1365: error: no matching function for call to 'cRecording::Rename(char*&)'
/usr/local/src/VDR/include/vdr/recording.h:166: note: candidates are: bool cRecording::Rename(const char*, int*, int*)
server/connectionVTP.c:1361: warning: unused variable 'priority'
server/connectionVTP.c:1362: warning: unused variable 'lifetime'
server/connectionVTP.c: In member function 'bool cConnectionVTP::CmdFRAM(const char*)':
server/connectionVTP.c:1622: warning: unused variable 'recording'
make: *** [server/connectionVTP.o] Error 1

I should mention that I use VDR 1.6.
Any suggestions?

Greetings,
Hendrik
decaturguy Wrote:I' glad it worked out for you, I do get updating tv... too just press ok and try it again after 30sec-1min. As for freezes i don't have that problem maybe you should try another revision of xbmc try anything from 18100 to 18173 more than that you loose TV part. I personally use revision 18173, Oohh i almost forgot i did had problem with 18100 if you are using that.. my system freezes and cpu load was like 70% sometimes 100% just running xbmc it even get worst when i try to watch videos or live tv.

I tried r18173, but it is worser. I sometimes have vdr segmentation faults when switching channels, or a message channel blocked. When I try to play an iso file (dvd) I get a screen with flashing color blocks, lines, ... but no image. I saw one of your message about the r18188. Is it worth to try that one ?
What is the roadmap for the future ? When do we except to see the "TV" module inside the trunk xbmc ?
thanks,

sp
Vu+ Solo2 with BH
2x Rpi's openelec 3.2.4
Those of you who have this working, how stable is this/vdr in general? I'm considering ditching my mythtv setup, which is a never ending stream of odd problems, for vdr. Anyone got experience with both?

Also, does the newest patch support pausing live tv?
splinux Wrote:I tried r18173, but it is worser. I sometimes have vdr segmentation faults when switching channels, or a message channel blocked. When I try to play an iso file (dvd) I get a screen with flashing color blocks, lines, ... but no image. I saw one of your message about the r18188. Is it worth to try that one ?
What is the roadmap for the future ? When do we except to see the "TV" module inside the trunk xbmc ?
thanks,

sp

Anything above 18173 you lose the TV part, 18188 is the most stable version for my hardware after many hours of trying different versions, so the only thing i get is stable xbmc with no TV. The vdr patch will apply up to 18188 but from 18174 when you go to TV there will be no channels list, Guide... I thinks you should do as i did try as many revisions as you can from 18100 to 18173 to see which one works well with you hardware. The roadmap i can't answer that since am basically new to xbmc my self so i have no idea whats going on.
Freezy:
1st post point 3.
wget http://www.zulu-entertainment.de/page/kl...ions+Patch
gets VDR-Extensions-Patch-68.tar.bz2, so next command fails. Should be corrected for newcomers maybe. Thanks for your effort.
I'm on ubuntu 9.04 (alpha). (The reason is it solves some tv-card issues etc.) I tried following the first post's instructions. Now I'm stuck with vdr compilation. It complains about capability.h. Copying it where compiler searches did not help, just gives another error msg. INSTALL file says the capability module should be loaded (to run vdr in general?). Too bad there's no such module here.

Any idea?
rickx Wrote:I'm on ubuntu 9.04 (alpha). (The reason is it solves some tv-card issues etc.) I tried following the first post's instructions. Now I'm stuck with vdr compilation. It complains about capability.h. Copying it where compiler searches did not help, just gives another error msg. INSTALL file says the capability module should be loaded (to run vdr in general?). Too bad there's no such module here.

Any idea?

sudo apt-get install libcap-dev
semerchet Wrote:sudo apt-get install libcap-dev

That was easy Big Grin
I followed a wrong advice somewhere about libpcap which strange enough did not help...

thanks,
rickx
hitman936 Wrote:as far as i can see the problem is still

Like I said in my earlier post. Dont worry those, they are not needed/used in this example. vdr works without those two files.
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
last step (I hope)
when starting vdr-sxfe --video=xv
i get fe_xine_init: xine_open_video_driver("xv") failed
Error initializing xine
Available video drivers: opengl .......fb

lots of drivers there, but not xv.

Now the question is: DOES it have to be xv? Should it be installed in one of the steps of post one? can I just install it now? I'm obviously missing something...

(I started from a mini.iso 8.10 installation, then upgraded to 9.04. So this is not exactly a standard setup, but I must say there have been A LOT of libraries and stuff to add to make those steps work. So maybe the writer's setup should be added also.)
rickx Wrote:last step (I hope)
when starting vdr-sxfe --video=xv
i get fe_xine_init: xine_open_video_driver("xv") failed
Error initializing xine
Available video drivers: opengl .......fb

lots of drivers there, but not xv.

You need build xine-lib with xv support.

Try
Code:
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxv-dev
and build xine-lib again.

make clean
./configure ...
and so on
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux14