Logitech Harmony advanced features
Hi all,

I recently acquired a Logitech Harmony 520 and I set it up using some pinnacle mce receiver. The basic controls work fine: play, pause, up arrow, down arrow, etc...

I'm interested in finding a more advanced guide to help me program some specific activities, such as Update Library, or even something as simple as open the context menu (like pressing 'C' on a keyboard).

I've tried searching the forum, but I can't seem to find any relevant information.
Is this even possible?

Thanks!
After some tedius research, and a lot of mis-understanding, I broke my basic controls and fixed them again. =)

Back to my original object, I began reading through the wiki regarding advancedsettings.xml and keymap.xml, as well as some helpful threads on this forum, and I think I've come close to understanding what I need to do.

One place I'm stuck is this displayremotecodes node of the advancedsettings.xml file. I have set that to true, but I don't seem to see any remote codes being displayed. I found posts in the windows forum stating that this only works on the actual xbox, but it's slightly unclear if it won't work in windows, or won't work on any other system.

I tried running irw from the command line, but I don't think it's giving me the proper numbers i need.

I also can't seem to find keys.xml in the filesystem. I realize I have to make my own in ~/.xbmc/userdata, but most of the guides suggest copying one from the "system" directory. Where exactly is that on a default live installation?
MadCowDzz Wrote:I also can't seem to find keys.xml in the filesystem. I realize I have to make my own in ~/.xbmc/userdata, but most of the guides suggest copying one from the "system" directory. Where exactly is that on a default live installation?

/usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml
Can anyone help me with displayremotecodes?

I've searched the forums and found some threads in the Windows forum that claim displayremotecodes doesn't work in Windows. They claim it only works on the Xbox. However there are no Linux or Live threads to back that up. The wiki doesn't seem to state either way.

Does displayremotecodes work in Linux/Live?
MadCowDzz Wrote:Can anyone help me with displayremotecodes?

I've searched the forums and found some threads in the Windows forum that claim displayremotecodes doesn't work in Windows. They claim it only works on the Xbox. However there are no Linux or Live threads to back that up. The wiki doesn't seem to state either way.

Does displayremotecodes work in Linux/Live?

Nope, displayremotecodes does not work on any platform besides XBOX : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...tecodes.3E

You have to run irw from console to display the commands sent from the remote and then change accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony advanced features0