• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin
I am currently using unblock us from the uk and your Hulu plugin is running perfectly for me.
(2012-01-26, 05:50)BlueCop Wrote: I am trying to move the discussion to the new thread here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023

I don't think xbmc tracks completing strm files. the strm files only launch the plugin to play the video. I don't know how xbmc keeps track of things in this situation really.

BlueCop,

For what its worth, when I play amazon strm files, xbmc remembers where I was when I close the stream and reopen it. I don't know the how or why, but I noticed that and I thought I would pass on.
So what if you are not a hulu plus member, and just want the basic hulu programs? I am still only able to watch 1:29 of each episode
croy: uncheck hulu plus on the 'Hulu Login' settings page and it won't list plus content.
I just started using this today and it looks pretty good.

Two features that have been missing from Hulu Desktop that are also missing from the XBMC Hulu plugin are:
  1. Organizing the queue by show
  2. Associating a "watched date" with history
The first is by far more important to me. Without it, my queue is just about unusable (I have 500+ entries). Any chance it might be able to be implemented sometime?
Already done. just change the xbmc sort order.

the watched date isn't available in the history feed.

please post in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023
For those who cannot get Hulu to work outside of USA, try UnoDNS
(2012-03-23, 18:12)bladeds Wrote: I am currently using unblock us from the uk and your Hulu plugin is running perfectly for me.

Is this still working for you? I am using unblock-us as well, but I can only get bluecop's hulu plugin to play the commercials.
No matter which CDN I select, which resolution, disabling ads /commercials etc. The plugin never plays back the content.

Any tip would be welcome
@BlueCop
requested advanced proxy settings feature
including socks5/ http tunnel would be great.
just like iplayer plug-in. (or ITV plug-in)

Could you please work on that if you have time?
Thanks for all the great work.
Hi BlueCop

From TUNLR you find the following DNS that will work and I use them with DNS Jumper (google):

The primary (preferred) DNS server is 184.82.222.5

The secondary (alternate) DNS server is: 199.167.30.144

However I am wondering how I can insert a DNS inside the XBMC software, as that is what I need on my Raspberry Pi new toy. Is there a waz to change DNS inside the XBMC software?
(2011-11-19, 23:32)maruchan Wrote: BlueCop, I think I figured out what the cause is: the username on this new machine is 'xbmc', so when Python is parsing paths it's trying to reference files at 'C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\' it encounters multiple instances of '\x', which is Python's syntax for hex code. It's expecting something like \x08 but instead gets \xbmc and chokes. Not sure what the solution is, but I'll probably just create a new user account.

Good God, that was annoying. Everything worked fine, then all of a sudden, nothing. I tried this solution and bingo.
(2013-01-29, 20:45)jpmoneypicks Wrote:
(2012-01-24, 05:45)Ohburn Wrote:
Quote:Is there an idiots guide (or starting point in this forum) to get this working? I'm running Eden on windows x64, with a VPN to the US (Hulu in the web browser works fine) but the app gives me a script error for everything I try and play.

I agree. I have bought my atv and jail-broken it. Bad part is I have Hulu and I get the same script error. I can watch the stupid Verizon commercials and that's it. I honestly have WinSCP like eight programs and I can watch a twenty one min of big bang in four parts. Where is the live tv, the full seasons of television and working espn. Does where I live factor into this? I have been trying to install and run programs and understand but honestly almost sounds better to spend 50$ to get someone else to do it....

*** Removed by moderator ***
Please do not promote piracy add-ons here.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2012-09-24, 04:55)htpcero Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 18:12)bladeds Wrote: I am currently using unblock us from the uk and your Hulu plugin is running perfectly for me.

Is this still working for you? I am using unblock-us as well, but I can only get bluecop's hulu plugin to play the commercials.
No matter which CDN I select, which resolution, disabling ads /commercials etc. The plugin never plays back the content.

Any tip would be welcome

Hi I am using unblock from UK, cdn is 'level 3'. I have Hulu Plus (and normal Hulu) working.

I have set adverts and pre-roll to off or 0.
Odd, was watching videos on hulu with the plugin this afternoon just fine, then just tried it a minute ago and now all I get is please select a quality. The CDN selected was limelight. When I change to akamai it works again. Easy fix I guess.
I've a couple of problems. Hulu won't search. The Daily Show with John Stewart doesn't work.
Heres the log file for the search error:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107911
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin1