Networking doesn't work resume?
I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 and followed the installation guide from the Wiki and nearly everything works except I have one problem:

When I resume from standby (S3), my networking no longer works.

I've tried /etc/init.d/networking restart, and it doesn't work either because it can't find my DHCP server.

Does anybody else have this problem?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H.
Check this out, it might be helpful: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44946
Thanks. I've seen that thread and sent a private message to the guy (original poster) who said he fixed his problem by:

Quote:A simple network stop/start script in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d fixed my problem.

...but I'm not sure what he means. If he's talking about /etc/init.d/networking restart, than it's not working for me... Sad

I haven't received a response from him yet so I'm hoping somebody else might be able to help.
Does this work outside of XBMC? If not head over to the ubuntu forums, I'm sure there is plenty of info on this and similar topics there.
I have the same motherboard. I solved the problem with setting up fix ip address this way:

For an ip address if 10.0.0.28 and a router ip of 10.0.0.1 o made the following:

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

#change the aouto line to this:
Code:
iface eth0 inet static
ddress 10.0.0.28
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 10.0.0.0
broadcast 10.0.0.255
gateway 10.0.0.1

sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf #set the nameserver 10.0.0.1

I hope it helps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks!

I'll try that fix out tonight.

However, I did manage to create my own fix by mixing two other solutions:

1) Add SUSPEND_MODULES="forcedeth" to /etc/pm/config.d/local
2) Create a script to run "ifdown eth0" upon suspend (/etc/pm/sleep.d)

That seems to work without any problems but I'm also curious to try your method.

Thanks again for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Networking doesn't work resume?0