Moving from a DB based library to NFO base Library
Hey guys, I am going through all of my movies with the media companion and creating nfos, etc. My question is, currently I have a library that XBMC itself scraped, what is the best way to replace this with the NFO based library?
delete the db file (back it up first in case you ever want to go back).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
After I delete the DB, will the scraper default to the nfo before it goes to the normal scraper sources?
Yes
This may be kind of off topic, my apologies. But, I went through this same process with my ATV, and after deleting the db and rescanning, it only seemed to pull from the nfo files for about 80% of my movies. No thumbnails were ever pulled in this process and only some of the fanart.

I suspect this has to do with my naming conventions, but from what I read, I have the folder structure set up correctly and I assume that MediaInfo is correctly building nfo files. Any ideas?
PSYCHOtcb Wrote:This may be kind of off topic, my apologies. But, I went through this same process with my ATV, and after deleting the db and rescanning, it only seemed to pull from the nfo files for about 80% of my movies. No thumbnails were ever pulled in this process and only some of the fanart.

I suspect this has to do with my naming conventions, but from what I read, I have the folder structure set up correctly and I assume that MediaInfo is correctly building nfo files. Any ideas?

In case you have rarred content make sure to check "Make archives with on file transparent" in view options. If not, debug log please.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from a DB based library to NFO base Library0