Harmony 550 and lirc troubles
Thanks. I'll have to find another way add more buttons.
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
(2010-04-04, 23:44)Evanrich Wrote:
Th3R00st3r Wrote:Evanrich,

I have up, down, left, right, and OK working, but nothing else works. I want a button to Update the Library and another to bring up the Settings Menu , but I don't know what com# to use...

Could you post a screen shot of what you have, and not the German one, so I can compare? it would be truly appreciated.

Sure thing, although I don't know why yours isn't working right if you used my files, since all my keys work properly (and I've added an update library key as well). FYI, the "A" key on the remote updates my library. The "B" key restarts XBMC. I've also programmed the codes for my Yamaha surround receiver in for the volume and mute keys, they do not control anything in XBMC.

and here is the additional buttons screen, where i have sleep, wakeup, and toggle watched

I realize this is an old thread but I am hoping you or somebody could please, please help me out here. I mean sheesh I've read through tons of threads here and searched google over and over, and still can NOT figure out how to get my Harmony 550 mapped out with fully functional keys that I see posted here. I don't understand a lot of what is being said. Sudo this, lirc that, keyboard.xml this. I do not know where to find any of this stuff or start have looked at Wiki pages and they've confused me more than helped?ConfusedSad

Here is the devices I have below and then what I'm trying to do:

1. I have a Harmony 550 remote
2. Raspberry Pi obviously running Raspbmc
3. Samsung LED CEC set

Now here is where I am pulling my hair out over this. I can control the Pi with my regular Samsung remote or Harmony but only if I select "TV" as a device. Now you would think everything is good and working but its not--the only keys that work are Left/Right/Up/Down and Exit. I won't get too much into all that I tried so as not to confuse anybody but how do I assign Play/Stop/Rewind/FF? Where do I go from here (I'm all ears and eyes)?

FWIW I am on a Mac and have tried everything I could think of within my Harmony software. I tried putting the Pi and model number as a device of its own. I tried adding it as Microsoft > MCE Keyboard. I tried assigning Play/Stop/Rewind etc to my "TV" within an activity but nothing works.
I know this is an old thread, but I ran across it while trying to setup my 550. It looks like this method is no longer viable since the VDR commands are no longer in the harmony database?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 550 and lirc troubles1