Harmony 550 and lirc troubles
I see some of you guys are still having troulble, so I'll post the files back up agian in a few minutes.

Edit: Here you go:

/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
http://pastebin.com/0r7y6cJy

/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
http://pastebin.com/DbxuQcjW

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/llircmap.xml
http://pastebin.com/ruASn3TT

I wasn't sure where to put the following file, so i put it in both places:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/system/remote.xml
http://pastebin.com/P0bXyyG8
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich..

I have your files loaded. Rebooted and was able to navigate.

While in a video I press |<<(replay) to skipminus and it ends up restarting the video. If I press left on the directional pad while in a video, it skips back 30seconds, which is what I want the |<< button to do. I have scoured the files and don't see where to change it. It's not obvious to me. I look for <skipminus>replay</skipminus> in the Lircmap.xml and it's defined as the replay button, not left. So I am a bit confused.

Any suggestions?
Th3R00st3r Wrote:Evanrich..

I have your files loaded. Rebooted and was able to navigate.

While in a video I press |<<(replay) to skipminus and it ends up restarting the video. If I press left on the directional pad while in a video, it skips back 30seconds, which is what I want the |<< button to do. I have scoured the files and don't see where to change it. It's not obvious to me. I look for <skipminus>replay</skipminus> in the Lircmap.xml and it's defined as the replay button, not left. So I am a bit confused.

Any suggestions?

So let me see if I'm clear. You want the |<< button to "skip back 30 seconds" and not "replay", am i correct? if so, you'll need to do the following:

Open up your logitech control software, and change "skip bak" to say "com8" and skip forward to say "com9" basically what this does is make your skip keys act like your left and right keys, which adjust the video forward or back by 30 seconds. This is the easiest way to do this.

let me know if you have any questions
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Ok thanks, You've been a great help.

I guess it's just a matter of knowing what the commands are (com8, coma) Is there a master list for these codes so we know what they do if we want to re-assign them?
Th3R00st3r Wrote:Ok thanks, You've been a great help.

I guess it's just a matter of knowing what the commands are (com8, coma) Is there a master list for these codes so we know what they do if we want to re-assign them?

I don't really think there is a true master list for what "com*" is in the harmony config...I basically left most of the defaults to what they were, and then added a few items, such as watched/unwatched, and library update to the base config.. If you want a list of commands for XBMC there is a list in the wiki somewhere.
what code(kls) com?? did you use for library update?
Evanrich,

I have up, down, left, right, and OK working, but nothing else works. I want a button to Update the Library and another to bring up the Settings Menu , but I don't know what com# to use...

Could you post a screen shot of what you have, and not the German one, so I can compare? it would be truly appreciated.
Th3R00st3r Wrote:Evanrich,

I have up, down, left, right, and OK working, but nothing else works. I want a button to Update the Library and another to bring up the Settings Menu , but I don't know what com# to use...

Could you post a screen shot of what you have, and not the German one, so I can compare? it would be truly appreciated.

Sure thing, although I don't know why yours isn't working right if you used my files, since all my keys work properly (and I've added an update library key as well). FYI, the "A" key on the remote updates my library. The "B" key restarts XBMC. I've also programmed the codes for my Yamaha surround receiver in for the volume and mute keys, they do not control anything in XBMC.

and here is the additional buttons screen, where i have sleep, wakeup, and toggle watched
Thanks man..I will update it now.. I'm not sure why it wasn't working either, but again I have a Harmony 520 with no A or B button..I will assign it to an additional button..

**Edit**
I notice you have Wake Up set to WAKE, but I don't have that in my list. Is that a direct command to XBMC or should if be like "3e"?
Th3R00st3r Wrote:Thanks man..I will update it now.. I'm not sure why it wasn't working either, but again I have a Harmony 520 with no A or B button..I will assign it to an additional button..

**Edit**
I notice you have Wake Up set to WAKE, but I don't have that in my list. Is that a direct command to XBMC or should if be like "3e"?

Wake was something i "learned" from the remote that came with my IR receiver, since there was no way for me to get the harmony to wake the machine, yet the original remote did, I just set it to learn that code so it wakes it up from sleep...a little backward having to use one key to sleep and another to wake, but I've learned to deal with it.
Th3R00st3r Wrote:what code(kls) com?? did you use for library update?

com3c on the harmony maps to obc15 in remote.xml, which maps to user15 in lircmap.xml....if that makes sense to you. This in turn maps to the XBMC command: <obc15>XBMC.UpdateLibrary(Video)</obc15> which is in the remote.xml file

I found using putty on another machine, and running "IRW" on the xbmc machine helped alot for showing me what codes were being thrown by the lirc program, and that in turn would help me set the keys i wanted.
I seem to be a little confused about one thing.

I have a Zotac Mag HD box setup with an HP MCE USB receiver plugged in that is able to receive IR signals from remotes.

I have a harmony 550 remote, and i'm trying to configure it like described in this thread.

When I go into the device and customize the keys, i don't get the "mute", "vol+" and "vol-" that's in the screen shot. Should I have this?
Smile 
I have gone thru many threads including this, however i am unable to get a solution to the problem i have.

1) I have installed XBMC Live on my brand new Acer Aspire Revo AR3610-U9022 (installed to HDD via USB), works like a charm, retrieving content from 2 TB network share. I am using the supplied wireless KB and mouse. Works for me, but thats not "son and wife" friendly.
2) Reading reviews on forums such as here, i purchased http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-USB-Remot...574&sr=8-2 on eBay. I connected this to my Acer running XBMC. I am able to use the supplied remote for controlling XBMC. The power key does not work, so there is no way for me to suspend/wake up xbmc, hence end up leaving it on all the time. Does anyone know how to get the power key working for waking up and suspending xbmc?
3) How do I get my Harmony 550 to work in this set up? I have seen posts showing success with harmony 550 but with a MCE remote, not sure what that is and if the generic receiver i got is an MCE one.

Your help is really appreciated!
I know this is thread is a bit old now, but would this also work with a Harmony One remote? I've run out of "buttons" using the mceusb (MCE Media Centre) setting and thought the extra user definable buttons shown on the first page would be useful.
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:I know this is thread is a bit old now, but would this also work with a Harmony One remote? I've run out of "buttons" using the mceusb (MCE Media Centre) setting and thought the extra user definable buttons shown on the first page would be useful.

Something changed in the Harmony database. Now when you add a KLS VDR it doesn't have any of the extra buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 550 and lirc troubles1