• 40(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
mcborzu Wrote:Paul...

Have you had a chance to mess with Expirence yet or are they not that close...thats one skin that I have "Aeon" type anticipation for....
as far as i can tell it's still a way off. but they are keeping tight lipped about release dates etc, and in my oppinion it's better that way.
Like when skunkmonkee released minimeedia ahead of schedule. that skin is simply fantastic and it has inspired a few of us to make similar views for auriga the only problem with minimeedia for me is it loses too much detail on my tv. so i will have to wait untill i can afford the new sony vaio home entertainment pc (the Nice round Tablet shaped one)
Only £600 uk sterling. and at this rate i am going to get confused over which bllody skin to use (minimeedia / My Auriga / xperiance ) and there all bloody good Arrgghhhhhhhh
It's like waiting for a bus none for ages and ages then 3 turn up at the same time.Laugh
But on the note of xperiance i have allready spoken to the guys about me doing a lite version for xbox and fingers crossed i am hopeing to get it before they release it so i can get it ready at the same time for a dual launch but they decide otherwise... heres hopeingBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
needtotest Wrote:Looking forward to this!

Now that somebody is tweaking the huge volumebar - maybe you have seen the one on ubunto 9.04? It is a nice one on the top right with a speaker icon and something that looks like the progress bar (music/movie playing) currently used in aeon auriga. Maybe it fits better for aeon?

/needtotest

I'll look into that one, in the meantime, here's how to make the one I just did:

Here's my entire DialogVolumeBar.xml
Code:
<window id="104">
    <zorder>1</zorder>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <include>Animation_DialogPopup</include>
    <controls>

<control type="group" id="901">
    <posx>287</posx>
    <posy>520</posy>
    <width>707</width>
    <height>63</height><!-- 183 -->
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-200" time="200" easing="inout" tween="circle" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-400" time="200" easing="inout" tween="circle" condition="Control.IsVisible(57)">Conditional</animation>    

<control type="progress" id="20">
        <description>Progressbar</description>
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <width>688</width>
        <height>43</height><!-- 163 -->
        <texturebg>dialogs/progress_clear.png</texturebg>
        <lefttexture>dialogs/progress_lefty.png</lefttexture>
        <midtexture>dialogs/progress_middle.png</midtexture>
        <righttexture>dialogs/progress_righty.png</righttexture>
        <info>Player.Volume</info>
        <overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
    </control>

<control type="image">
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <width>688</width>
        <texture>dialogs/progress_backg.png</texture>        
    </control>

<control type="label" id="1">
        <description>Heading Label</description>
        <posx>30</posx><!-- 40 -->
        <posy>20</posy><!-- 55 -->
        <width>627</width>
        <height>31</height><!-- 51 -->
        <textcolor>a7ffffff</textcolor>
        <align>left</align><!-- center -->
        <font>Font_ProgressLabelSmall</font>
        <label>31707</label>
    </control>

<control type="label">
        <description>Path</description>
        <posx>90</posx><!-- 40 -->
        <posy>20</posy><!-- 95 -->
        <width>627</width>
        <font>Font_ProgressLabelSmall</font><!-- <font>Font_ProgressLabelBig</font> -->
        <textcolor>d0ffffff</textcolor>
        <label>-</label>
        <scroll>true</scroll>
        <label>$INFO[Player.Volume]</label>
    </control>

</control>

</controls>
</window>

As always, I left the original values in there commented out so people can see what I did.
paul Wrote:so i will have to wait untill i can afford the new sony vaio home entertainment pc (the Nice round Tablet shaped one)
Only £600 uk sterling.

The VAIO HS1 Home Server? Does it actually have an OS to run XBMC? I see SonyStyle.com has it marked down to $399 US.

Or is that just a storage server?

I'm running a HP MediaSmart server with 4tb of storage on my network, got a great deal on it from eBay. I'm still thinking of building a HTPC just to run XBMC, although I really like the xBox. Oops, I'm rambling.... back to tweaking! Wink
What are you guys using to tweak these files? A standard editor or is there a tool for skin making?

/needtotest
g00fy1 Wrote:I'll look into that one, in the meantime, here's how to make the one I just did:

Here's my entire DialogVolumeBar.xml
Code:
<window id="104">
    <zorder>1</zorder>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <include>Animation_DialogPopup</include>
    <controls>

<posx>287</posx>
    <posy>520</posy>
    <width>707</width>
    <height>63</height><!-- 183 -->
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-200" time="200" easing="inout" tween="circle" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-400" time="200" easing="inout" tween="circle" condition="Control.IsVisible(57)">Conditional</animation>    

<control type="progress" id="20">
        <description>Progressbar</description>
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <width>688</width>
        <texturebg>dialogs/progress_clear.png</texturebg>
        <lefttexture>dialogs/progress_lefty.png</lefttexture>
        <midtexture>dialogs/progress_middle.png</midtexture>
        <righttexture>dialogs/progress_righty.png</righttexture>
        <info>Player.Volume</info>
        <overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
    </control>

<control type="image">
        <posx>10</posx>
        <posy>10</posy>
        <width>688</width>
    </control>

<control type="label" id="1">
        <description>Heading Label</description>
        <posx>30</posx><!-- 40 -->
        <posy>20</posy><!-- 55 -->
        <width>627</width>
        <font>Font_ProgressLabelSmall</font>
        <label>31707</label>
    </control>

<control type="label">
        <description>Path</description>
        <posx>90</posx><!-- 40 -->
        <posy>20</posy><!-- 95 -->
        <width>627</width>
        <font>Font_ProgressLabelSmall</font><!-- <font>Font_ProgressLabelBig</font> -->
        <textcolor>d0ffffff</textcolor>
        <label>-</label>
        <scroll>true</scroll>
        <label>$INFO[Player.Volume]</label>
    </control>

</control>

</controls>
</window>
As always, I left the original values in there commented out so people can see what I did.
That's a lot better thank's just need to make the muted dialog smaller Cough CoughLaugh
Will look to see if i can find that and resize it

g00fy1 Wrote:The VAIO HS1 Home Server? Does it actually have an OS to run XBMC? I see SonyStyle.com has it marked down to $399 US.

Or is that just a storage server?

I'm running a HP MediaSmart server with 4tb of storage on my network, got a great deal on it from eBay. I'm still thinking of building a HTPC just to run XBMC, although I really like the xBox. Oops, I'm rambling.... back to tweaking! Wink
They do 3 versions the fist is just a media server as you point out the other two are fully fledged computers the first weighing in at £600 and the other is around £800 both have blueray drives and weigh around 5kg can't remember the full specs but if the newer mac mini will run ok then either of these will leave it standing both are using vista so i won't need to change all my software, hopefully get one in a few monthsSmile

needtotest Wrote:What are you guys using to tweak these files? A standard editor or is there a tool for skin making?

/needtotest
I use wordpad but any basic text editor will open them up but you may have to change the extension from .xml to .txt or if running windows click on it and use open with that's all there is to it.
wordpad...hmm. I was looking for a way to keep track of all the id's and some way to have a tree structure that shows which files that is linked together.

Well guess I just need digg into the xml files.

/needtotest
needtotest Wrote:wordpad...hmm. I was looking for a way to keep track of all the id's and some way to have a tree structure that shows which files that is linked together.

Well guess I just need digg into the xml files.

/needtotest
I wish you luck, i hate codeing it took me a full day just to add around 15 mods and fixes into cf2009's mod pack and even then i had to have some help from the guys on here.
Hope you find it easier to understand than i doSad
needtotest Wrote:What are you guys using to tweak these files? A standard editor or is there a tool for skin making?

/needtotest

Personally I use NoteTab Pro text editor.
paul Wrote:That's a lot better thank's just need to make the muted dialog smaller Cough CoughLaugh

My bad... I'll have that in a jiffy for you.

You want that with a background box like it is but smaller or do you want just the "Muted" text overlay?
g00fy1 Wrote:My bad... I'll have that in a jiffy for you.

You want that with a background box like it is but smaller or do you want just the "Muted" text overlay?
Whichever is easiest it's just an ugly big box as it is just the muted text overlay sounds
a cleaner option to me. am just in the process of sorting out all the mods for inclusion in the
next revision code named 007 i hope to get this all done by sunday night to upload monday morning am late in doing it due to playing too much with the new views etc (not slacking doing research Honest)
Exclamation 
Ok guys it's sort of here have had massive problems which i wont go into, but the upshot is
there is no way in hell i am going to get this just right the way i want it to, at least not for the foreseeable future and so because i promised a release of some sort i am throwing out a test version which i have running on my pc. This has been part tested on xbox and yes there are some Quirks with it. ok the new stuff a whole new multiplex view written by sokar666.
This mod is really something and i had to spend hours rewriting my mediaflags.xml to work with it, ok to make it work switch movies to multiplex the then on the top menu change info to On, then switch the layout to plot. the other view is a new showcase view with a popup panel and smaller poster covers thanks to gOOfy1 for makeing it work unfortunately it has caused problems with the genre posters mod so please no bug reports for that.
And leeuw beat me to it with the transparency mod there are 3 levels of transparency which you can toggle between at the top of the screen. also hitchers new list view with dark and night panels with more transparency(thanks to me) also a much smaller volume bar again by good old gOOfy1. I did have some other stuff planned to go into this but with setbacks and not feeling too well i thought sod it i will sort any problems ouy later.

Overall i am quite pleased with it. have a play with and tell me wether you want these new views in the final build code named 007 if there is a certain mod not in let me know and i will try to find it and put it in. same goes for something you want removing? It really does not matter to me your the customer you want it you get it(assuming i can deliver).
Ok enough chat again no fonts download them from link in da first post there is the textures.xpr as well as the usual loose textures and you all know the drill by now, if you don't then i suggest you READ the instructions in first post.

Download Auriga_Test Revision http://www.4shared.com/file/107290423/ea...-2009.html
Awesome job, i've noticed some bugs, duh! i know its a test Smile so just wanted to say thank you very much...again... and again...

though only a slight complain, anyway you can add the memory mod for us xbox users, its really usefull.
and also, not a fan of the new small poster sizes in shocase view =\ but that's me.

thank you.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Here's the code for just a "MUTED" text overlay. This is my entire DialogMuteBug.xml

Code:
<window id="113">
    <zorder>1</zorder>
    <coordinates>
    <system>1</system>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="80" end="100" center="640,360" delay="200" easing="out" tween="back" time="300" />
        <effect type="fade" delay="200" start="0" end="100" time="300" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="80" center="640,360" easing="in" tween="back" time="300" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" />
    </animation>    
    <controls>

<posx>287</posx>
    <posy>520</posy>
    <width>707</width>
    <height>183</height>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-225" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>

<!--
        <control type="image">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>10</posy>
            <width>688</width>
            <height>163</height>
        </control>
-->

<control type="label">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>0</posy><!-- 10 -->
            <width>688</width>
            <height>51</height>
            <align>center</align>
            <!-- <font>Font_ProgressLabelBig</font> -->
            <font>Font_MainMenu</font>
            <label>31002</label>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,15" end="0,15" time="0" condition="IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(3)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(4))">Conditional</animation>            
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,0" time="0" condition="!IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(3)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(4))">Conditional</animation>            
        </control>

</control>

</controls>
</window>
paul Wrote:Ok guys it's sort of here have had massive problems which i wont go into, but the upshot is there is no way in hell i am going to get this just right the way i want it to, at least not for the foreseeable future and so because i promised a release of some sort i am throwing out a test version which i have running on my pc. This has been part tested on xbox and yes there are some Quirks with it.

Thanks for all your effort Paul, I know how hard and time consuming it is, I really appreciate it!!

I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure the "quirks" out. If I do, I'll let you know.

diemos Wrote:though only a slight complain, anyway you can add the memory mod for us xbox users, its really usefull.
and also, not a fan of the new small poster sizes in shocase view =\ but that's me.

I can add that and post the modified file a bit later. I haven't even loaded it yet so I can't comment on the new poster size.. Wink

EDIT: Here's the Includes_Furniture.xml that adds the free memory: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnnnzg2ijyh

First looks:
The poster sizes are actually a bit bigger in showcase than I run, I mod the xml to make them smaller. I'm not a fan of the new MultiPlex view, but that's just me, I know a lot of people like that new mod, I can change it to the original if it doesn't grow on me. Wink

I'm getting 18mb free in MultiPlex and 15mb free in Showcase so it's still pretty reasonable given the size of this skin.

Great work Paul!
diemos Wrote:Awesome job, i've noticed some bugs, duh! i know its a test Smile so just wanted to say thank you very much...again... and again...

though only a slight complain, anyway you can add the memory mod for us xbox users, its really usefull.

thank you.
That will be in the final release, as i said before i am wanting honest oppinions as to what you guys prefer to be in it and what you like and what you hate and i will take it all on board and of course shake out the bugs
g00fy1 Wrote:Here's the code for just a "MUTED" text overlay. This is my entire DialogMuteBug.xml

Code:
<window id="113">
    <zorder>1</zorder>
    <coordinates>
    <system>1</system>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="80" end="100" center="640,360" delay="200" easing="out" tween="back" time="300" />
        <effect type="fade" delay="200" start="0" end="100" time="300" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="80" center="640,360" easing="in" tween="back" time="300" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" />
    </animation>    
    <controls>

<posx>287</posx>
    <posy>520</posy>
    <width>707</width>
    <height>183</height>
    <animation effect="slide" end="0,-225" time="400" easing="inout" tween="cubic" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>

<!--
        <control type="image">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>10</posy>
            <width>688</width>
            <height>163</height>
        </control>
-->

<control type="label">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>0</posy><!-- 10 -->
            <width>688</width>
            <height>51</height>
            <align>center</align>
            <!-- <font>Font_ProgressLabelBig</font> -->
            <font>Font_MainMenu</font>
            <label>31002</label>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,15" end="0,15" time="0" condition="IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(3)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(4))">Conditional</animation>            
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,0" time="0" condition="!IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(3)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(4))">Conditional</animation>            
        </control>

</control>

</controls>
</window>
Thanks for that gOOfy1 that will be added to the next one
g00fy1 Wrote:Thanks for all your effort Paul, I know how hard and time consuming it is, I really appreciate it!!

I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure the "quirks" out. If I do, I'll let you know.

I can add that and post the modified file a bit later. I haven't even loaded it yet so I can't comment on the new poster size.. Wink

EDIT: Here's the Includes_Furniture.xml that adds the free memory: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnnnzg2ijyh

First looks:
The poster sizes are actually a bit bigger in showcase than I run, I mod the xml to make them smaller. I'm not a fan of the new MultiPlex view, but that's just me, I know a lot of people like that new mod, I can change it to the original if it doesn't grow on me. Wink

I'm getting 18mb free in MultiPlex and 15mb free in Showcase so it's still pretty reasonable given the size of this skin.

Great work Paul!
Thanks guys for your honest imput it's no good me just pumping out just what i like if you guys hate it. it's your skin as much as mine.
My plans are to next do a rebuild of what i allready have and slowly putting in all fixes first by then i will have a better idea of what view mods to put in. as soon as i can i will upload another test skin without the new multiplex view and take out cf2009's filebrowser and put in hitchers new plot views and new list views and the 3 stage transparency mod and see how you all like that. i may end up creating 2 final versions that way all peoples tastes will be covered( i hope ) just please bear with me as i aint feeling too good at the moment so i am takeing this really slow. I am sure you all understand.
Just keep the requests and honest oppions comeing so i can make it the way you want.SmileSmile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6