[request] option to remove crossfading from one backdrop to another on the Home page
abba77 Wrote:were these images converted to .bmp or are they still .jpg?

.bmp as instructed by djh should reduce processing lag i imagine.

Was this recommended for backdrops on the main menu only or for fanart too?
Vorm Wrote:Was this recommended for backdrops on the main menu only or for fanart too?

All backdrops and fanart should be uncompressed bitmaps as far as I know. And this isn't just for Aeon, it is for any skin.
theDeviL Wrote:, perhaps delaying the fade by a second or 1.5/2 would accomplish the desired results, in essence, it should remain what ever fanart its currently in until you land the section and then it should fade a second into it.

This is how Mediastream does it. Works great and looks good.
Any word on this djh_?
Yeah. If someone codes it I'll make it an option.
After 9.04 I'll hook the multiimage control up with the background loading, which will mean you don't have to muck around with this stuff anyway, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Would that switch of the way it kind of dims then comes back, the original Aeon did this in a more pronounced way and was so annoying I could not use the skin. This seems far less so, but still I would prefer one level of brightness.

What would be cool is as you scroll through say from movies to tv shows if the back ground slid in from the left or right, it would obviously have to move faster than the text so might be difficult.

Or better still as far as I am concerned is to leave the home menus very simple with one static image and leave all the fancy stuff once you get in a level or more.

I wonder if I set every menu to black jpg on the back this would work? I shall have a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[request] option to remove crossfading from one backdrop to another on the Home page0