is there something wrong with my hardware
I have a Dell Optiplex P4 3Ghz running W XP pro... all was working fine until about a month ago when my PSU blew. When I eventually got a new PSU I decided to give ubuntu a whirl (I know this is the windows forum) well that was a nightmare! but the relevance to this was the real problem I had was that ff or rwd or stop or any thing when watching video would lock the system.

so I reverted to the safety of windows!!

problem is I seem to be experiencing the same problem.. namely I can initiate a movie, but if I try and skip the FPS drops to 8 (from 25) and then 20+ seconds later it seems to catch up and continue playing dropping FPS back to 25. If i ff it works for a bout 10 seconds then the picture freezes!

This is a clean install of XP nothing loaded on it, so I am wondering if the PSU damaged my hardware some how.

I have enclosed the full log if any one has any ideas.

http://pastebin.com/me8b1da4
hardware damage is possible, try and use other video software and see if the problem still occures.
Sounds weird but try to narrow down the problem.
and try a new xbmc build, one can never know.
Nod
have tried Atlantis, babylon and various builds.... also VLC plays perfectly..... the thing that makes me think hardware was it seems the same problem on Windows and Linux.....
Yeah your PSU could have screwed up part of the motherboard or even perhaps any other part of your hardware. Like you said since its happening on both platforms, it is probably hardware. Maytry running memtest .... thats a simple way to test the ram.
memtest shows no errors....!

I am at a loss as to what else it could be.... I can not really tell anything from the log files, although there does seem for no reason ALL services get stopped, which would obviously cut the movie off as it is on the network!

I never got any answers over in the linux forum, so maybe this is just one of those unexplained problems!
well it seems this problem was related to an audio driver!

all working ok now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is there something wrong with my hardware0