New Image Transition Library
i've just released the image transitions library.

this is a script (and a folderful of utility images) that you drop into your q:/python/lib/ folder to provide powerpoint-like image transitions to jazz up scene changes.

so far this includes the following:
- fade-to-black
- fade-from-black
- crossfade (one image fades out, a new one fades in)
- slide-from-right
- slide-from-below (i'm waiting on the devs before i can do from left and above)
- zoom in (expand from center to fill screen)
- zoom out (shrink current image off of screen)
- crosszoom (one image zooms out, a new one zooms in)

these are animated transitions, and could conceivably be used for things like dialogs and child windows, in addition to slideshow animations. the usage is kind of complicated, but there's an example implementation at the bottom of the script (an 'if "" == "":' kind of thing), that can also show off some of what the transitions can do. i also recommend looking at my slideshow script if you need help figuring out how to implement it.
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
i am very interested in this, but the links on your web page appear to be broken right now. i really would like to have a slideshow in xbmc that functions more like the slideshow in windows media center where the images slowly zoom in and out slightly, and then the crossfade. i am hoping to get some inspriation from your scripts
oops! sorry about that. i've been redesigning my layout and somehow missed that change.

the new links should work fine. please let me know what you think of the script.
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
is there any hope of having specific images (not the entire page) transition and/or animate?

i have not touched python/xbmc yet but am looking into options for gui interfaces with python. specifically defining cordinates and having the image move to them would be excellent.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Image Transition Library0