Question about ffmpeg and XBMC
I know the XBMC dvdplayer uses ffmpeg. The ffmpeg devs recently committed a big fix that affects media I wish to play. Can I simply grab the XBMC source from svn, replace the ffmpeg source tree in xbmc/sources/dvdplayer/ffmpeg with the ffmpeg trunk grabbed directly from ffmpeg's SVN, or would XBMC not compile against it?

That was a rather obtuse way of asking how I can incorporate a recent ffmpeg bug fix into XBMC.

Thanks!
well, in general yes. we do have some modifications to ffmpeg but unless they intersect what you want to patch, just grab the diff and apply it.
Also would be nice if you could point out exactly what it is and maybe someone might think its worth permanently updating xbmc too before our next major release
Sure. I posted a feature request thread about it here. I was actually unable to get it to work. I went ahead and copied over the updated h264.c but even after building with the updated file, I still get the old playback errors.

The change to ffmpeg fixed a bug which prevented playback of video streams from MLB.TV. Incorporating this fix into XBMC is the next step toward a working MLB.TV plugin/script for XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about ffmpeg and XBMC0