which remotes do you all use?
I'm using the universal remote for my onkyo receiver, with a sony IR adapter that came with my old vaio. I've mapped all the 'dvd' controls on the remote to control xbmc through eventghost. Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:I'm using the universal remote for my onkyo receiver, with a sony IR adapter that came with my old vaio. I've mapped all the 'dvd' controls on the remote to control xbmc through eventghost. Smile

I need an IR receiver for my Sony Bravia remote (RM-ED006), which is the model of the Sony IR receiver?

Someone knows an other IR receiver that will work with the Sony original remote?

I use GNU/Linux. Thanks for all.
I don't believe it's sold separately anywhere, but you may be able to find it on ebay or something. The item number's PCVA-IR7U.

And btw, it actually seems to pass almost any ir input through to eventghost. It works with my vizio remote, my old panasonic tv remote, really anything i've thrown at it.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:I don't believe it's sold separately anywhere, but you may be able to find it on ebay or something. The item number's PCVA-IR7U.

And btw, it actually seems to pass almost any ir input through to eventghost. It works with my vizio remote, my old panasonic tv remote, really anything i've thrown at it.

Thanks natew, I need to use with GNU/Linux LIRC software, it will work with LIRC?

Thanks for all.
natew Wrote:I don't believe it's sold separately anywhere, but you may be able to find it on ebay or something. The item number's PCVA-IR7U.

What hardware driver / lirc kernel modules are you using for this? I have the same one but I don't see it listed in the big table of supported hardware for lirc.
Xbox universal remote

Hunter_SVK Wrote:I'm using this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14380 (using only receiver)
+ Eventghost
+ special driver for this remote (With this driver remote control doesn't emulate keyboard and mouse, but only sends events to eventghost)

As remote control I'm using Logitech Harmony 525

Hey, Hunter_SVK, can you give more details? where can I get that driver?

Thank you.

Hi Natew, can you send me the driver of PCVA-IR7U? I lost the driver, and when plugged in, the system just recognizes it as HID Compatible Device.
i want to use the original remote of my xbox360. which usb receiver do i have to use??
Hi, just wondering what would be the best remote for long range use, say 25m away, is there any way to control xbmc from that range.

Cheers
danger321 Wrote:Hi, just wondering what would be the best remote for long range use, say 25m away, is there any way to control xbmc from that range.

Cheers

Your mobile phone !!
Just as far your wi-fi goes.Big Grin
i dont have theiphone or any android phone, any other wayHuh
Maybe a bluetooth device, like the diNovo Mini, would work from that distance. My place isn't big enough, so I can't test for you Smile
bertrand Wrote:Maybe a bluetooth device, like the diNovo Mini, would work from that distance. My place isn't big enough, so I can't test for you Smile

would any of the harmony brand work?? or the MCE remotes??

I have the Pioneer 8G Kuro9 (42') is there any way i can use that remote control for xbmc and still use it for the TV.

cheers
danger321 Wrote:i dont have theiphone or any android phone, any other wayHuh

Smartphone, PDA or PPC,s, will also work.Nod
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=http-r

danger321 Wrote:would any of the harmony brand work?? or the MCE remotes??

I have the Pioneer 8G Kuro9 (42') is there any way i can use that remote control for xbmc and still use it for the TV.

cheers

Harmony works perfect, use it for all my devices.
MCE Works also.

Don't know if you can use your TV remote.
Maybe with lirc, I never used it, still using xbox Big Grin And set my harmony as xbox extender remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which remotes do you all use?0