XBMC assosiated XP Crash!!!
Hi I have an issue where my XBMC has crashed my windows XP installs 3 times in a row now. The problem is the same each time. Everything runs well for 30-40 days and then for some reason that I still cannot workout, my computer will start malfunctioning after running XBMC once. If I do not run XBMC then everything works well.

I posted here with log files when I that problem previously, was told my OS install was unstable and re-install. Did so and still same problem occurred now 40 days later. I know my OS is stable itself because everything worked well for a year prior to be starting with XBMC. I don't think the XBMC itself is causing the crash...my assumption is that there is something that XBMC requires to work that most other programs on my computer do not and when that something goes wry my system becomes unstable once I run XBMC.

I have tried everything in the past...reinstalling XBMC, newest build, this time also tried version 9.04, reinstall all drivers, nothing fixes the problem. I have used windows restore to go back 2 weeks and still no luck.

I was wondering if anyone can shed light on this cause I am getting tired of doing a new OS install every month. I really like XBMC and would like to keep using it.

Right now I am using Zoom-player to play my movies and it is working well. So the system itself is stable to play movies and do everything it needs to do...as long as I don't run XBMC. When I run XBMC, my MCE remote only follows keyboard emulation actions, none of the programmed plug-in actions from eventghost work. I can navigate fine with the mouse. When I exit XBMC, and try to run any program...nothing happens....I can keep clicking programs, but none of them lauch. If I try to restart or shut down my comp it just hangs forever...and then I have to manually restart it.

I am at work right now, but will post log files once I get back home. Any help would be really appreciated. When my OS crashed once or twice I thought it was fluke..but now having the problem 3 times in row makes me think there is something wrong that I am not picking up and need to fix.

Also is there a way to log windows events/crashes so I can see what is crashing on the OS side that is making everything unstable. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks.
Setup
Kodi v17.6
Gigabyte GA-Z85N-WIFI + Intel 4670K with onboard gfx / sound
Win 7 Prof 64bit + Denon X3100 + Benq HT1070
Run memtest for a while. Do a full chkdsk on your drive. Make sure you are not overclocking. I mean maybe your hard drive has bad sectors and is hitting them after time. Just guessing around here.
If your HW checks out as per the stuff SlaveUnit recommended, try a few different revs of your GFX driver (they usually suck). Get them from the OEM not windows update.
Is the screensaver enabled in xbmc? It crashes the hell out of my system, but everything runs fine when it is disabled.

You can view event logs by right clicking "My Computer" and choosing "manage", then look in the event viewer. If you are getting BSOD's or freezes, you might be able to track the source by viewing the .dmp files in C:\Windows\Minidump. You'll need to download a utility from M$ to view them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC assosiated XP Crash!!!0