TTF-Fonts in XBMC-GUI/interface coded
xbmc ttf version 0.8 beta release.

xbmc ttf version base on xbmc 1.0.0. it use ttf font to display ui and filename , it can support gbk chinese, big5 chinese and japanese characters.

web site: -link removed due to site policy-
download: -link removed due to site policy-

edit: post edited by moderator, links to compiled binaries aren't allowed on this forum & since you also link to the binary on the site, that isnt allowed either. please submit patches to cvs so it can be added that way!

(bigandy @ july 31 2004,13:49 Wrote:xbmc ttf version 0.8 beta release.

xbmc ttf version base on xbmc 1.0.0. it use ttf font to display ui and filename , it can support gbk chinese, big5 chinese and japanese characters.
great news. there are plenty of people that will benefitt from this. great work :kickass:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
here's the rules by the way:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=sr;f=1
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Down 
can someone pls pm me the link, i been waiting for 1 year already
(tas11a @ aug. 18 2004,15:06 Wrote:can someone pls pm me the link, i been waiting for 1 year already
between posting the link and asking for it might be a difference, but one thing is sure: both are forbidden by the boardrules.  Stare

i suggest bigandy creates a patch and we gonna implement it.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(bigandy @ july 31 2004,13:49 Wrote:xbmc ttf version 0.8 beta release.
bigandy

will you create a patch then Smile??

fantastic work...

slight to: some tweaks probably required... right now, smb doesn't work (characters are scrambled, as noted in readme) but daap (for itunes playlist browsing) also does not work properly.

-- kl --
cant it be extended so we can display subs with ttf fonts as well?
still waiting for that patiently.... Wink
subtitle support with ttf fonts would be awesome :o . hope someone takes the time to code it. those fonts look much better on tv compared to mplayer subs.
Sad 
@bigandy, any chance you can upload the source code for this to us (link) so we can integrate/implement this into xbmc cvs?, please.

great stuff!, now all(?) that is missing for it is a simple gui interface under xbmc settings menu to allow users to easily change font,
maybe even make it as easy as ms-windows and give a option to select font by language and country, ex. chinese (traditional), china?
wait, another supersweet addition would be a set a of default (legal/non-copyrighted/open-source) fonts for all/most languages Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i will talk to smirnoff(the developer of xbmc ttf), but we very hate some site name "vgst.com", they change xbmp's name to "vgmp" and announce as their product,so we worry about they will steal the xbmc ttf version and make the lie again.
0h n035, th3y 5t0l3 teh xbmp ?  Shocked

seriously, i went to the site and sure there are references to "vgmp" but nothing substantial... mind hooking us up with directions to find it?

Exclamation 
well, xbmc is open sourced under gpl so anyone are entitled to do changes and release it as their own with a different name, as long as they credit us and release all source code changes (ie one must follow the gpl). ... however we would prefer if there was only one xbmc for the xbox, ours, so we rather see that all unofficial xbmc coder instead aim to join/help us instead of starting their own derivative-mod project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TTF-Fonts in XBMC-GUI/interface coded0