lirc_mce remote + xbmc
i'm running off the latest svn for xbmc on a 64 bit kernel and using lirc 0.8.4a off apt-get on a 8.1 ubuntu system.

the remote works great... except in xbmc. i have had no problems with setting it up etc, or even detecting the signals using irw. however, from time to time, under xbmc, the input completely freezes. after a while it may come back up again (anything from seconds to minutes).

during this time, irw is also reports nothing.

so in order to investigate the cause, i decided to kill xbmc.bin during such seizures - and low and behold, as soon as xbmc dies, irw responds to button presses on my remote. this is repeatable.

has anyone experienced anything similar?
first of all, whats your build version?

Im running jaunty also with the same equipment and have not experinced this. You could try looking into the message logs for lircd.

Also, if you can. Run lircd manually with -n, then you should see the errors on the screen. (do this from an laptop with ssh or something)

it could also be something that simple that something is "blocking" the /dev/lircX unit.
jeey Wrote:first of all, whats your build version?

Im running jaunty also with the same equipment and have not experinced this. You could try looking into the message logs for lircd.

Also, if you can. Run lircd manually with -n, then you should see the errors on the screen. (do this from an laptop with ssh or something)

it could also be something that simple that something is "blocking" the /dev/lircX unit.

i'm running off the latest svn each night (tested on r19873).

good idea with the lircd; however, all i see is that it registers a new client and removes clients. i only run xbmc, and as such only see one client registered after restarting lircd and xbmc.

also there's nothing in the logs.

the funny thing is, i installed mythfrontend - and that works flawlessly with the my remote.

so i figured; why not try using irxevent instead; so i deleted Lircmap.xml from the system directory to disabled lirc support in xbmc and programed up irxevent to run before xbmc. funny thing was - same thing happened; it would just lock up after a while, then be okay again.

but again, when i kill xbmc, irw etc responds perfectly.

i notice that i only ever seem to have problems with the remote when i'm not playing a video etc. only on the main menu.

any other ideas?
i want to try compiling from source without lirc support. is there a --disable option in the configuration script? i'm guessing --disable-joystick doesn't manage the lirc stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lirc_mce remote + xbmc0