no navigation sounds on spdif
Thanks for your reply guy and btw thanks for your guide, it was very helpful for me to find an entry to all of this amazing xbmc stuff! :-)

I have now deinstalled pulseaudio with
Code:
sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio
sudo reboot
After reboot pulseaudio is not running anymore:
Code:
xbmc@htpc:~$ ps -ef |grep -i pulse
xbmc      3487  3413  0 13:34 pts/0    00:00:00 grep -i pluse

Nothing changed about the sound issue in xbmc. Same behaviour as before.
So, I upgraded ALSA to 1.0.20 and recompiled XBMC.

Still no navigation-sounds.

So I don't understand why the navigation sounds also doesn't work while playing sound (video or music). The option to play navigaition sounds during video playback is set.
I tried the 9.04 xbmc live cd, no sound at all.
im in the same boat as you. I have been experiencing this problem for a while now, but then again, i'm also having must larger audio issues.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
dbldown768 Wrote:im in the same boat as you. I have been experiencing this problem for a while now, but then again, i'm also having must larger audio issues.

For me navigation sounds works when I first launch, but then after I play anything, they go away. I have lots of little issues like this - one of these days I am going to post 3-4 debug logs for all of them.

xnappo
Hi!

The issue is still there for me.

I think, the problem is, XBMC does not mute the sound, it disables the SPDIF, if no sound is to be played.
So, if sound should be output, Receiver has to make a "handshake" first, before it can start decode and output the audio.

Is there a chance to have a very very silent - unherable- audio output all the time?

Regards,
Patrick
pat1975 Wrote:Hi!

The issue is still there for me.

I think, the problem is, XBMC does not mute the sound, it disables the SPDIF, if no sound is to be played.
So, if sound should be output, Receiver has to make a "handshake" first, before it can start decode and output the audio.

Is there a chance to have a very very silent - unherable- audio output all the time?

Regards,
Patrick

it's a known issue and being worked on:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=334852&postcount=9

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50820&page=2
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no navigation sounds on spdif1