• 360(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Hrm i got mine to pull all english, i had to go in there a couple of times and make sure i wasnt missing any settings.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Thare187 Wrote:Didn't you just take this from the post right above you? Jonte511?

No. And the part i did i credited.
Rebel4477 Wrote:I need some clarification on thisHuh? Extract Ember Revisited and Rogue Scraper .dll into Ember 1.3.2441 folder. But then it says to go to the folder "\$_OUTDIR\Ember Media Manager\" and copy the contents to your EMM Revisited folder, overwriting all files when asked. Are we supposed to be extracting files into two different foldersHuhHuh Thanks

Copy and overwrite everything in the Ember Portable\$_OUTDIR\Ember Media Manager to Ember 1.3.2441.

Copy the Rogue Scraper .dll into Ember 1.3.2441\module

cheers
Yeah i used those directions and it works great, i had to start scraping stuff slowly though cause i had some folders that had some previous images in there and EMM had trouble over writing them so i had to black those out.

i only wish this app could work a little faster, im trying to scrape about 800 movies and between some hicups and stuff its taken me most of today to get through only around half so far.

Granted i was at work and didn't put in a whole day but i got it working pretty good now and its working great.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

ShizzlePDX503 Wrote:So I got a hold of the source code for EMM and fiddling around with it and going to try fixing it / updating it. I started adding a music section to it but still having issues with the conversion process since it was originally programmed in an older version of Visual Studio then what I have so I am trying to sort these issues out and I hope to have something put together soon.

So from a general consensus that I have gotten from skimming through these posts is that the scrapers need to be fixed/updated. Am I correct on this? I will most likely hold off on the addon stuff until I get everything else fixed, which is being a little difficult at the moment cause of the conversion issues I am having but as soon as I get those ironed out then I can fix some to the other issues.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Pro by the way.

Cool man! Start a new thread, and set up a donations page once your first revision is complete Nod
What does Ember need to run?

Java, dotnet x ? something else?

I have it running on one machine but I want to move it to my main PC and it wont run - probably because I have something missing

Mick
kysersosai Wrote:No. And the part i did i credited.

It was word for word from that post. Now you have credited him after you changed some words around. The edited time stamp never lies Wink
Thare187 Wrote:It was word for word from that post. Now you have credited him after you changed some words around. The edited time stamp never lies Wink

Where in his post does it say to go to a French website and download Ember... Pay attention check my links. I changed the wording because a poster asked for clarification on where to put the files from the portable Ember.

I'm not doing this for recognition just trying to help out. If you don't have anything to contribute shut the hell up.
Hi everybody,

long time reader, first post. ;-)
Just wanted to let you know that i managed to get it fixed and compiled.
After two days with the source i got it up and running on my machine.
I tried to manually put together a complete release from the latest svn.

It's 12 MB, but if there is someone who wants to give it a try, you can download it here:
EmberMediaManager2441

No fancy installer, just unrar and start it. Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me. ;-)

HTH Mike

Edit:
Forgot to mention that this is an x86 build. If someone has the demand i can try and release for x64.

For all the people out there with an existing installation there could be a shortcut.
Just try to replace the scraper.EmberCore.dll which can be downloaded here:
scraper.EmberCore x86
scraper.EmberCore x64
Hello.
Is there a way to scapper always the "English Title"?
For example, when i run the scapper, the movie "The Banquet (2006)", shows in EMM as "Yen yan (2006)", but i want to show as "The Banquet (2006)", when i go to settings in movie and in the section of scrapper, there isn't "English" or "International", the most similar is "USA" or "UK", but some of this moveis have diferente titles...

Sorry for my portuguese.
Jocker_Boy Wrote:Hello.
Is there a way to scapper always the "English Title"?
For example, when i run the scapper, the movie "The Banquet (2006)", shows in EMM as "Yen yan (2006)", but i want to show as "The Banquet (2006)", when i go to settings in movie and in the section of scrapper, there isn't "English" or "International", the most similar is "USA" or "UK", but some of this moveis have diferente titles...

Sorry for my portuguese.

There is a checkbox "Force Title Language" in Settings -->Movies --> Scrapers Data. Did you try this ?
MikeM Wrote:There is a checkbox "Force Title Language" in Settings -->Movies --> Scrapers Data. Did you try this ?

Yes, i tried.
But i don't have "english" option, or "international", i have "USA" or "UK" among others....

That was the exact place i tried, sorry for my explication, but i'm writing from work and don't have emm here.
Jocker_Boy Wrote:Yes, i tried.
But i don't have "english" option, or "international", i have "USA" or "UK" among others....

That was the exact place i tried, sorry for my explication, but i'm writing from work and don't have emm here.

Ok, now i gotcha. ;-)
You can overwrite the built-in title languages by adding the following line to the advancedsettings.xml in the application dir:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">International</Setting>

If you want to keep the built-in languages the line should look like this:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">Argentina|Australia|Belgium|Brazil|Canada: English title|Canada: French title|Finland|France|Germany|Hong Kong|Iceland|Ireland|Netherlands|New Zealand|Peru|Portugal|Singapore|South Korea|Spain|Sweden|Switzerland|UK|USA|International</Setting>

HTH Mike
MikeM Wrote:Ok, now i gotcha. ;-)
You can overwrite the built-in title languages by adding the following line to the advancedsettings.xml in the application dir:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">International</Setting>

If you want to keep the built-in languages the line should look like this:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">Argentina|Australia|Belgium|Brazil|Canada: English title|Canada: French title|Finland|France|Germany|Hong Kong|Iceland|Ireland|Netherlands|New Zealand|Peru|Portugal|Singapore|South Korea|Spain|Sweden|Switzerland|UK|USA|International</Setting>

HTH Mike

Thanks, i will try tomorrow.
OK, what am I missing? I've downloaded a couple of the recent Ember releases. If I scrape a movie, I can get the standard info: plot summary, director, release date, cast, etc. When I try to do anything with posters, fan art, or other images... I lose all of the scraped info and never end up with any images. Is there some trick to getting this thing to work? Documentation seems to have disappeared along with the original developers, so I'm a bit lost. Dunno if I just can't figure out how to use the thing, or if the recent builds are broken for me...
  • 360(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24