• 45(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
mark007 Wrote:Thanks alot for the replies. Will add the feature requests you talked about.

Regarding thumb selection / sorting
I just worry about the sorting of thumb names, the problem I had was more than just simple sorting incorrectly, the number 2 appeared twice. xbmc only saw thumb1.jpg in one case, there was no thumb2.jpg so the gui was getting confused somewhere during the moving up / down process.

This shouldn't happen any more since I applied the custom sorter. It was just getting confuses as to what to rename the thumbs vs how to sort. I'm surprised it didn't get stuck in a loop..... rename.... sort... rename.... sort

mark007 Wrote:Regarding updating incorrect movie
Yes the "Change Movie" button was initially what I thought would bring up the dialog of, most popular, exact matches, etc but it doesn't. It seems to wait for a couple of seconds and bring back up the "Edit movie" dialog. I would expect it to bring back up the initial list of movies that match. I think this is a bug.

I think you may be accidentally hitting "Re-scrape IMDB" vs "Change Movie". What you're describing is the behavior of "Re-scrape IMDB". It's not possible for "Change Movie" to not display the search results dialog. If it doesn't then there is an error and it would not show anything at all. The code paths of these two items branch, but not cross.

mark007 Wrote:For example, I am noticing many movies that got selected with the wrong initial movie and I need to remove the nfo file to get the movie selection dialog to come up. Right now I am after deleting the nfo for "The Duchess". It defaults to selecting the most popular which is fine, but the correct movie only exists in Exact matches. I think I may have found a bug here too. Look at what is found.

Partial Matches (36)
- many listed here
Exact Matches (no number given)
- The Duchess (incorrect one made in 1915 or something like this)
Popular Matches (1)
- The Duchess (Default one selected and correct one but not listed in exact matches)

I would have expected the only item in the popular match list at the bottom (the correct one) to also show up in the exact matches section. The names are identical.

I can't do anything about that one. I just display what IMDB returns. Search for "The Duchess" directly on the IMDB website and you'll get the same results. Wink

mark007 Wrote:Main viewing window characters missing
Just a tiny bug, some characters like & in movie names arn't showing up in the main window, just above the number of stars the movie has.

Hmmm... yeah. "&" characters are a marker to underline the next character in VB labels..... I'll see if there is a work around for that.

EDIT: Fixed for next release
Thanks again. I am using version 227 and when I click "Change Movie" the window disappears, it says "Scraping" in the info box at the bottom of the main page and the "Edit Movie" window appears. Maybe its changed for newer release, apologies if this is the case.
mark007 Wrote:Thanks again. I am using version 227 and when I click "Change Movie" the window disappears, it says "Scraping" in the info box at the bottom of the main page and the "Edit Movie" window appears. Maybe its changed for newer release, apologies if this is the case.

So the search window appears, but then disappears?

EDIT: And is this happening for all movies for you or just certain ones? If it's only certain ones, what is the title as it appears in the media list so I can try to reproduce this?
It happens for them all. Here is what happens.

Double Click Movie
Edit Movie Appears
Press Change Movie
Information at bottom shows Re-scraping Movie + Scraping
Edit Movie Appears
Information at bottom shows Re-scraping Movie + Scanning Media Info (never stops, seems to do nothing).

When I close the edit movie, the status bar doesn't show Scanning Media Info anymore.

It doesn't do any harm, but never shows me the movie selection box I was expecting.
mark007 Wrote:It happens for them all. Here is what happens.

Double Click Movie
Edit Movie Appears
Press Change Movie
Information at bottom shows Re-scraping Movie + Scraping
Edit Movie Appears
Information at bottom shows Re-scraping Movie + Scanning Media Info (never stops, seems to do nothing).

When I close the edit movie, the status bar doesn't show Scanning Media Info anymore.

It doesn't do any harm, but never shows me the movie selection box I was expecting.

Ah... I've been looking at the code as if you were hitting "Change Movie" from the context menu. I'll check from the movie editor....

EDIT: There we go. Fixed for next release.
That brings us to this so far:

Quote: * Feature: Configurable IMDB mirror
* Feature: Delete Movie
* Feature: Open containing folder
* Feature: Delete Poster/Fanart from movie editor
* Feature: Lock individual movies (updaters will skip these movies)
* Feature: Auto-generate multiple extrathumbs from movie editor
* Feature: Option to clean extrathumbs folder
* Feature: Support for custom extensions for movie files
* Feature: Optional check for new version
* Feature: When proper nfo is not found or is non-conforming and does not contain IMDB ID, look for any other nfo in the folder and try to get IMDB from them.
* Feature: More global locks (tagline, rating, genres, studio)
* Feature: Studio selection dialog from movie editor
* Feature: New tool and option to automatically copy fanart to a selectable backdrops folder
* Feature: Option to use media info duration as runtime
* Feature: Mark All/Unmark All button
* Fix: File-type sources not stacking properly
* Fix: File cleaner did not remove YAMJ compatible files
* Fix: Sorting of extrathumbs in extrathumbs manager
* Fix: "Change Movie" not working properly from movie editor
* Change: Special cell coloring persistent through selection
* Change: Ability to refresh extrathumbs list in movie editor
* Change: Tweaks to certification handling
* Change: Always save rating with "." instead of ","
* Change: Misc tweaks to the code
* Change: Show more dialogs in the task bar
* Change: Do not return video games as search results
you are doing a great job on this piece of software. Updating our movie database is getting easier every day. THANK YOU!
Walhalla Wrote:you are doing a great job on this piece of software. Updating our movie database is getting easier every day. THANK YOU!

Thanks!
Alright, I think I'm done for the day, unless anyone has any more bugs? I'll post a new release later tonight after I play with it some more.
Patch for the Change Movie (SetInfo)
Code:
Index: dlgEditMovie.vb
===================================================================
--- dlgEditMovie.vb    (revision 253)
+++ dlgEditMovie.vb    (working copy)
@@ -497,7 +497,7 @@
                 If Master.eSettings.UseNameFromNfo Then
                     Using SQLcommand As SQLite.SQLiteCommand = Master.SQLcn.CreateCommand
                         Dim parTitle As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parTitle", DbType.String, 255, "title")
-                        Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Boolean, 1, "id")
+                        Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Int32, 1, "id")
                         SQLcommand.CommandText = "UPDATE movies SET title = (?) WHERE id = (?);"
                         parTitle.Value = .txtTitle.Text.Trim
                         parID.Value = Me._id
@@ -601,7 +601,7 @@

Dim parMark As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parMark", DbType.Boolean, 1, "mark")
-                    Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Boolean, 1, "id")
+                    Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Int32, 1, "id")
                     SQLcommand.CommandText = "UPDATE movies SET mark = (?) WHERE id = (?);"
                     parMark.Value = Me.chkMark.Checked
                     parID.Value = Me._id

Keep up the good work
Nuno Wrote:Patch for the Change Movie (SetInfo)
Code:
Index: dlgEditMovie.vb
--- dlgEditMovie.vb    (revision 253)
+++ dlgEditMovie.vb    (working copy)
@@ -497,7 +497,7 @@
                 If Master.eSettings.UseNameFromNfo Then
                         Dim parTitle As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parTitle", DbType.String, 255, "title")
-                        Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Boolean, 1, "id")
+                        Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Int32, 1, "id")
                         SQLcommand.CommandText = "UPDATE movies SET title = (?) WHERE id = (?);"
                         parTitle.Value = .txtTitle.Text.Trim
                         parID.Value = Me._id
@@ -601,7 +601,7 @@

Dim parMark As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parMark", DbType.Boolean, 1, "mark")
-                    Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Boolean, 1, "id")
+                    Dim parID As SQLite.SQLiteParameter = SQLcommand.Parameters.Add("parID", DbType.Int32, 1, "id")
                     SQLcommand.CommandText = "UPDATE movies SET mark = (?) WHERE id = (?);"
                     parMark.Value = Me.chkMark.Checked
                     parID.Value = Me._id

Keep up the good work

Thanks... another victim of copy/paste. lol Fixed, but using Int16.

EDIT: But now that I think about it... why am I using Int16? lol Fixed that as well.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks... another victim of copy/paste. lol Fixed, but using Int16.

You are welcome
About Int16, you will be "limited" to 65535 entries on movie table, and you can secure user Int32: SQLite support to 64bit in integer and you defined _id as a integer (in .Net is 32bit). So no need to truncate to int16

BTW Thank for your great application.

EDIT: LOL you edited 5 seconds before my post!
Nuno Wrote:You are welcome
About Int16, you will be "limited" to 65535 entries on movie table, and you can secure user Int32: SQLite support to 64bit in integer and you defined _id as a integer (in .Net is 32bit). So no need to truncate to int16

BTW Thank for your great application.

EDIT: LOL you edited 5 seconds before my post!

It would actually be limited to 32768 movies since there wouldn't be any negative IDs, but the scope of the integer wasn't really a concern as I doubt there is a person on this planet that has that many movies. lol But, as you mentioned _id was defined as integer (as 99% of my numerical variables) so no need for the conversion.

I also removed all the parameter size declarations because SQLite ignores them anyway. I have no plans of changing db engines and it might alleviate some confusion for anyone viewing the code.
Me again
one more issue
when executting one of the Update Media action, in ScrapeData you disable (and correctly) the Context Menus... but the double click for Edit Movie still work, causing Exceptions in BackGroundWorkers..

EDIT: Not the EditMovie itself but the Change Movie and Re-scarpe IMDB

Maybe something like this (Nasty hack to disable it) in DoubleClickEvent will help

Code:
Index: frmMain.vb
--- frmMain.vb    (revision 253)
+++ frmMain.vb    (working copy)
@@ -419,7 +419,7 @@
         '//
         ' Show the NFO Editor
         '\\
-
+        If Me.mnuMediaList.Enabled = False Then Exit Sub
         Try
             Dim indX As Integer = Me.dgvMediaList.SelectedRows(0).Index
             Dim ID As Integer = Me.dgvMediaList.Rows(indX).Cells(0).Value
Nuno Wrote:Me again
one more issue
when executting one of the Update Media action, in ScrapeData you disable (and correctly) the Context Menus... but the double click for Edit Movie still work, causing Exceptions in BackGroundWorkers..
Maybe something like this (Nasty hack to disable it) in DoubleClickEvent will help

Code:
Index: frmMain.vb
--- frmMain.vb    (revision 253)
+++ frmMain.vb    (working copy)
@@ -419,7 +419,7 @@
         '//
         ' Show the NFO Editor
         '\\
-
+        If Me.mnuMediaList.Enabled = False Then Exit Sub
         Try
             Dim indX As Integer = Me.dgvMediaList.SelectedRows(0).Index
             Dim ID As Integer = Me.dgvMediaList.Rows(indX).Cells(0).Value

Ah, good thinking. Didn't even consider that. Thanks.

It's a bit more code, but used this instead to be more complete:

Code:
If Me.bwFolderData.IsBusy OrElse Me.bwMediaInfo.IsBusy OrElse Me.bwLoadInfo.IsBusy OrElse _
            Me.bwDownloadPic.IsBusy OrElse Me.bwPrelim.IsBusy OrElse Me.bwScraper.IsBusy OrElse _
            Me.bwValidateNfo.IsBusy Then Return
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24