• 58(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
mfsav2 Wrote:nul7,
this are my suggestions:
- put an option to autosave all fanart of the selected size to extrathumbs
- put an option to delete existing extra thumbs before scrape (as you have put for the other items, otherwise extra thumbs get crowded).
- divide the extra thumb in 2 options:
- number of frames from video
- number of downloaded extra thumbs (this one together with the option to autosave additional fanart to extrathumb)

in this way it will be PERFECT Smile

So in other words it will automatically remove the old extra thumbs, create the desired number of screeneshots and save all the fanart of the selected size as extrathumb

hoping this helps.

Mf

1> As mentioned earlier, we will implement this after the feature freeze.

2> Just to clarify, nothing gets deleted during scraping. The only time files get deleted (that aren't in the temp folder) is using the File Cleaner tool. I assume you're talking about the "Overwrite Poster" and "Overwrite Fanart" options. When disabled, that means Ember won't save a poster or fanart if one already exists. When enabled, that means Ember will save over the current poster. If Ember deleted all extrathumbs during scraping, I think 99% of people would be pissed off.... the ones that have taken the time to manually extract the exact frames they want, and hand pick each fanart they want to use as extrathumbs. I really don't think this is a good idea at all.

EDIT: Just noticed the "Option to...". lol Yeah, I think that could be worked in.

3> Makes sense. Have separate options for each item.... so:

Automatically Extract Frames: Yes/No
# of Frames to Extract: #

Automatically Save Fanart as Extrathumb: Yes/No
# of Fanart to Use as Extrathumb: #/All
Size of Fanart to use as Extrathumb: Large/Medium/Small

It would check fanart first, then extract thumbs to fill in the rest. So, for example, say you set 2 frames to extract and 5 fanart to download for a total of 7. Let's assume you already had 2 extrathumbs in the folder, it would download 5 of the fanart images if they were available, giving you 7 thumbs. Since you're already at your max, it would skip extracting frames. Say only 4 fanart images were available, it would extract 1 frame to give you the desired 7. If there were only 2 fanart images available, it would still only extract 2 frames, giving you a total of 6. Basically, the sum of both is the maximum # of thumbs to create, and the individual numbers are the maximum # of each item to create to reach that total. Make sense?

mfsav2 Wrote:Sorry i was asking you provide the exact frame size you get from other tools or players as VLS or others.

That's not reported in the screenshot and anyway it is needed to check if EMM reads it correctly of what.

Mf

Actually they are: 1280x540 and 1280x528. Wink Previously, >=960 and >= 600 would have been marked 720.... since both of these had 5xx height, they were not detected as 720. I changed it for the next version to be >=960 and >=500.
nul7 Wrote:I can add a "seen" entry in the nfo (as it is when you export from xbmc to separate files), but I don't think it's accounted for in xbmc when reading the nfo.

XBMC used to be able to read the watched status from a nfo file, but they removed that feature a few months back. Quite the shame too as I found it extremely useful.
Liking all the updates to Ember - will be using it 100% once it supports tv shows
RockDawg Wrote:XBMC used to be able to read the watched status from a nfo file, but they removed that feature a few months back. Quite the shame too as I found it extremely useful.

Thanks for the verification. Do you have any insight as to why it was removed? I doubt you're the only one who found it useful. Would be a good feature for EMM to support, as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I can understand why it would be removed.... because there's no link between the two. Meaning, if you have Watched = False in the nfo, then watch the movie, the nfo itself is not updated. So the next time you import that nfo, the movie is marked as Watched = False again. They probably got a lot of bug reports from users experiencing this and thinking it was a problem with XBMC.

andacin Wrote:Liking all the updates to Ember - will be using it 100% once it supports tv shows

Thanks! I think the movies section is finally winding down.... so (maybe) it won't be too much longer before we start on the TV section.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks for the verification. Do you have any insight as to why it was removed? I doubt you're the only one who found it useful. Would be a good feature for EMM to support, as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I can understand why it would be removed.... because there's no link between the two. Meaning, if you have Watched = False in the nfo, then watch the movie, the nfo itself is not updated. So the next time you import that nfo, the movie is marked as Watched = False again. They probably got a lot of bug reports from users experiencing this and thinking it was a problem with XBMC.

Thanks! I think the movies section is finally winding down.... so (maybe) it won't be too much longer before we start on the TV section.

Actually, it didn't read the watched tag for some reason. It read the playcount tag (playcount>0=watched). The reason I was given for it's removal was that they didn't feel it belonged in a nfo since it wasn't static information when everything else in a nfo is. While I can understand that thinking, I think it's a bit unique in that watched status doesn't continuously change. Once something is watched it always is. While XBMC doesn't update the nfo with the watched status, a user could do so themself via a nfo editor (like Ember). Whenever I use my nfo editor (Media Companion) to scan newly acquired movies, I take a second to mark any recently watched ones.

The main benefit I saw in it was if you ever had to re-scan your entire db, watched status would be entered correctly. If you've been around XBMC long enough you've most assuredly had to do that at least once. Also, I have a couple Xboxes around the house that don't get used as much as my main XBMC PC, and whenever I update their libraries, they also get the correct watched status of any newly found movies or episodes. Not perfect, but it helps cut down on how many videos I have to track down and marked as watched after an update.

Anyhow, I've been anxiously watching the progress of Ember and I look forward to giving it a try once TV show support is added. Looks good so far.
nul7 Wrote:I just can't see how that's possible. Can you back up the nfo, delete the original, and rescan and see if it produces the same results?

Ok nul this is confirmed. I wanted to use my old NFO because of all the custom stuff I had set (genre, titles, etc.) I deleted it though and re-scanned and it's properly showing one studio tag, but as 480p.
krypt2nite Wrote:Ok nul this is confirmed. I wanted to use my old NFO because of all the custom stuff I had set (genre, titles, etc.) I deleted it though and re-scanned and it's properly showing one studio tag, but as 480p.

Ok, good.... that was driving me crazy trying to figure out. lol I'll expand the resolution to descriptor function for the next release. Hopefully it will solve all the problems with that part of it.

EDIT: How does this look:

Code:
Select Case True
                'exact
                Case iWidth = 1920 AndAlso iHeight = 1080
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth = 1366 AndAlso iHeight = 768
                    Return "768"
                Case iWidth = 1280 AndAlso iHeight = 720
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth = 960 AndAlso iHeight = 720
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 576
                    Return "576"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 540
                    Return "540"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                Case iWidth = 640 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                    'by ADR
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 1000
                    Return "1080"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 740
                    Return "768"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 680
                    Return "720"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 540
                    Return "576"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 500
                    Return "540"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 450
                    Return "480"
                    'loose
                Case iWidth >= 1600 AndAlso iHeight >= 800
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth >= 1350 AndAlso iHeight >= 740
                    Return "768"
                Case iWidth >= 800 AndAlso iHeight >= 400
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth >= 680 AndAlso iHeight >= 540
                    Return "576"
                Case iWidth >= 680 AndAlso iHeight >= 480
                    Return "540"
                Case iWidth < 640
                    Return "SD"
                Case Else
                    Return "480"
            End Select

Does that cover all the bases?
r312 is in the first post. We'll wait a couple days to let this version propagate and get tested. If there are no bugs to fix by then, we'll start adding new features. Wink
Just tried the latest build, and now all those movies are being scanned as 540p.

The key to all this is probably going to be in the width. All 720p movies will have a width of 1280 pixels. The height will fluctuate depending on the the OAR.

Here are some example resolutions for 720p encodes in my collection.
- Size: 1280x528
- Size: 1280x696
- Size: 1280x544
- Size: 1280x688

And some of my specialty 576p rips.
- Size: 1024x460
- Size: 1024x556
- Size: 1024x428
- Size: 1024x432

So there is one common factor, the width. Do you think it would be easier to try and detect these resolutions by width? So Width = 1280 Height >= 500 or something.

Also, I know it's a feature freeze but I'm going to put this out there for the future. I like to sometimes view only one folder in the program. In order to do this I have to remove all my sources. Having the ability to check or un-check your folders to tell the program which ones to display would be awesome.

Thanks for the great program.
what about the aspect ratio flag thing, can it be done ?
can a search option in the sets manager be implemented?
Its difficult to search in large collections, maybe a search for moviename and actors would be helpful.
I want to group all Schwarzenegger and stallone movies together for example, actor search would let me do it much faster.
nul7 Wrote:r312 is in the first post. We'll wait a couple days to let this version propagate and get tested. If there are no bugs to fix by then, we'll start adding new features. Wink

r312 didnt display the infos the are scraped from new movies, to display this new infos/pics i have to rescan Media, older versions displayed it right after scraping.
The same happens when i change a poster.
Nuno Wrote:Hi,
Try to map a network drive and not use full URI

Thank you so much!
I map a network drive instead of using \\server\Videos\etc... and it worked.
Everything is okay now.

It's a very usefull program.
Thank you
krypt2nite Wrote:Just tried the latest build, and now all those movies are being scanned as 540p.

The key to all this is probably going to be in the width. All 720p movies will have a width of 1280 pixels. The height will fluctuate depending on the the OAR.

Here are some example resolutions for 720p encodes in my collection.
- Size: 1280x528
- Size: 1280x696
- Size: 1280x544
- Size: 1280x688

And some of my specialty 576p rips.
- Size: 1024x460
- Size: 1024x556
- Size: 1024x428
- Size: 1024x432

So there is one common factor, the width. Do you think it would be easier to try and detect these resolutions by width? So Width = 1280 Height >= 500 or something.

Also, I know it's a feature freeze but I'm going to put this out there for the future. I like to sometimes view only one folder in the program. In order to do this I have to remove all my sources. Having the ability to check or un-check your folders to tell the program which ones to display would be awesome.

Thanks for the great program.

How about this:

Code:
Select Case True
                'exact
                Case iWidth = 1920 AndAlso iHeight = 1080
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth = 1440 AndAlso iHeight = 1080
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth = 1280 AndAlso iHeight = 1080
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth = 1366 AndAlso iHeight = 768
                    Return "768"
                Case iWidth = 1024 AndAlso iHeight = 768
                    Return "768"
                Case iWidth = 1280 AndAlso iHeight = 720
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth = 960 AndAlso iHeight = 720
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth = 1024 AndAlso iHeight = 576
                    Return "576"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 576
                    Return "576"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 540
                    Return "540"
                Case iWidth = 852 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                Case iWidth = 720 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                Case iWidth = 704 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                Case iWidth = 640 AndAlso iHeight = 480
                    Return "480"
                    'by ADR
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 1000
                    Return "1080"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 740
                    Return "768"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 680
                    Return "720"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 540
                    Return "576"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 500
                    Return "540"
                Case sinADR >= 1.33 AndAlso iHeight > 450
                    Return "480"
                    'loose
                Case iWidth >= 1200 AndAlso iHeight >= 800
                    Return "1080"
                Case iWidth >= 1000 AndAlso iHeight >= 740
                    Return "768"
                Case iWidth >= 950 AndAlso iHeight >= 600
                    Return "720"
                Case iWidth >= 700 AndAlso iHeight >= 540
                    Return "576"
                Case iWidth >= 700 AndAlso iHeight >= 480
                    Return "540"
                Case iWidth < 640
                    Return "SD"
                Case Else
                    Return "480"
            End Select

You wouldn't happen to have a wiki link or something that shows what's what, would you? Some of these I'm just guessing on. lol

How about a filter on the list to allow you to filter by the source folder? (After the feature freeze, of course Wink)

neurosis13 Wrote:what about the aspect ratio flag thing, can it be done ?

Do you mean this?: http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...ail?id=159

As mentioned in the ticket, it will have to wait till after the feature freeze. Wink

neurosis13 Wrote:can a search option in the sets manager be implemented?
Its difficult to search in large collections, maybe a search for moviename and actors would be helpful.
I want to group all Schwarzenegger and stallone movies together for example, actor search would let me do it much faster.

It can be, sure. In order to incorporate one (some) of the outstanding feature requests, we're going to have to load all data from every nfo. This will allow for more filtering and searching options and an "offline" mode where you can edit your movie collection without actually having the movie collection available.

MrDVD Wrote:r312 didnt display the infos the are scraped from new movies, to display this new infos/pics i have to rescan Media, older versions displayed it right after scraping.
The same happens when i change a poster.

Hmmm must have forgotten something in the "no refresh required" code. I'll check that out.

EDIT: Fixed for next release

pipolas Wrote:Thank you so much!
I map a network drive instead of using \\server\Videos\etc... and it worked.
Everything is okay now.

It's a very usefull program.
Thank you

Nuno to the rescue!!
On the last two posted revisions I am having the same problem.

I do a complete fresh install, having deleted the previous build completely. After the install, I go in and set up only one folder to scan movies from, one that I never scanned from previously. Reason for this is I am only wanting to scan brand new ripped movies so I can set up the infos, then I move the movies to their final home .

Once I get into the program, nothing shows up, so I double check options under settings, hit apply, then go to rescan media. This is when the fun starts.

None of the movies in the folder I selected are scanned, and all of the old dayabase shows up, even though I specifically do not have them listed in my folders setup. I can't edit any of the old ones, and can't add any new ones. HELP! Huh

BTW, running 64 bit version of Windows 7, and have all the latest files, revision 312 and the 07 extras.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24