• 72(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
smcnally75 Wrote:What are the "XBMC Communication" settings used for?

You can add the info for multiple XBMC installations.... then in the main screen you'll see "Initiate XBMC Update" in the upper right corner. Clicking that will send the command to every XBMC installation to begin library update... or you can click the little arrow next to the button for individual XBMCs. That's all it does for now... eventually we'll add more functionality to that.
nul7 Wrote:Hmmm.... everything looks correct in the tag. I think this is a problem with the skin or XBMC not picking up the AC-3 codec? If it picks up other codecs, then that means the formatting in the nfo is correct. Might want to ask in the Aeon forum to see what's going on.

The dolby flag though displays correctly when I import a dolby moving directly into xbmc and dont use Ember. I'm trying to find what syntax is used for the dolby flag and will post a thread in the aeon board.

Edit: I have the answer from the author of the media flag addon for Aeon. The xbmc scraper returns AC3 and not AC-3. For now I fixed it by copying the ac3.png file to ac-3.png in Aeon's flag directory.

thanks again for such a sweet program...
Is there an option to rescrape IMDB for all movies? I can do one at a time, but can't figure out how to do all of the movies. The reason I ask is because I like your option to only list actors that have images and I'd like to clean up all my NFOs
uncertainty Wrote:The dolby flag though displays correctly when I import a dolby moving directly into xbmc and dont use Ember. I'm trying to find what syntax is used for the dolby flag and will post a thread in the aeon board.

thanks again

Thanks, let us know what you find out.

smcnally75 Wrote:Is there an option to rescrape IMDB for all movies? I can do one at a time, but can't figure out how to do all of the movies. The reason I ask is because I like your option to only list actors that have images and I'd like to clean up all my NFOs

Update Media -> All Movies -> Ask or Auto -> NFO Only will rescrape all information for all movies

Or you can use the Custom Updater and set it to use all movies, ask or auto (your choice), nfo only, then enable only the cast.... it will go through every movie and only update the cast.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks, let us know what you find out.

Update Media -> All Movies -> Ask or Auto -> NFO Only will rescrape all information for all movies

Or you can use the Custom Updater and set it to use all movies, ask or auto (your choice), nfo only, then enable only the cast.... it will go through every movie and only update the cast.

Excellent! Thanks a bunch Smile
I just tried that and it didn't work. All of the actors without images are still listed in the NFO files. But, if I right click on a movie and then select "Re-Scrape IMDB" it works perfectly for that movie.
It seems the new version is having trouble scraping my BluRay files (which are labeled with BluRay in the title)

nothing comes up for:

American Psycho (2000) 720p BluRay.mkv
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994) x264 720p.mkv
Dumb & Dumber (1994) 720p BluRay.mkv
Memento (2000) 720p.mkv

it's every file where I have 720p and/or BluRay in the title

I assume this means the regex needs to be adjusted?

EDIT: Note that I have 600 movies and the rest all come up great!
smcnally75 Wrote:I just tried that and it didn't work. All of the actors without images are still listed in the NFO files. But, if I right click on a movie and then select "Re-Scrape IMDB" it works perfectly for that movie.

Which one didn't work?

rausch101 Wrote:It seems the new version is having trouble scraping my BluRay files (which are labeled with BluRay in the title)

nothing comes up for:

American Psycho (2000) 720p BluRay.mkv
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994) x264 720p.mkv
Dumb & Dumber (1994) 720p BluRay.mkv
Memento (2000) 720p.mkv

it's every file where I have 720p and/or BluRay in the title

I assume this means the regex needs to be adjusted?

You need to add custom filters to filter out all the extras. If all your moves are named something similar to the above, then you can just use (without the quotes):

"( \(\d\d\d\d\).*?)$"

That will remove 4 digit numbers surrounded by ()'s and preceded with a space and everything after it.
nul7 Wrote:Which one didn't work?
Just tried both to be sure and neither worked. I think those methods would work if I deleted the NFO files first probably though.
smcnally75 Wrote:Just tried both to be sure and neither worked. I think those methods would work if I deleted the NFO files first probably though.

And you used "All Movies", right? Should work. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Just tested and worked great for me.
nul7 Wrote:You need to add custom filters to filter out all the extras. If all your moves are named something similar to the above, then you can just use (without the quotes):

"( \(\d\d\d\d\).*?)$"

That will remove 4 digit numbers surrounded by ()'s and preceded with a space and everything after it.

First of all, thanks so much for the quick response. Secondly, that worked for my BluRay movies (I only applied that filter to them specifcally). Two questions:

Will that filter remove the (xxxx) dates from the search? If so, I think the scraper will have a hard time finding the correct movies on some.

Should there be a default regex included to filter out BluRay, 720, x264, HDDVD, etc.? (maybe there is already and I'm missing it)
rausch101 Wrote:First of all, thanks so much for the quick response. Secondly, that worked for my BluRay movies (I only applied that filter to them specifcally). Two questions:

Will that filter remove the (xxxx) dates from the search? If so, I think the scraper will have a hard time finding the correct movies on some.

Should there be a default regex included to filter out BluRay, 720, x264, HDDVD, etc.? (maybe there is already and I'm missing it)

Just FYI, the filters are global, so they'll apply to every movie that's scanned in. Yep, it will remove the year, as well. You should still get pretty good results without it and it's a one size fits all so it makes it easier. Otherwise, you're going to have to add a filter for each item.

There are no defaults.... it doesn't remove anything unless you tell it to. I guess we could add some....
nul7 Wrote:There are no defaults.... it doesn't remove anything unless you tell it to. I guess we could add some....

It might as least be nice to have some toggles for the most common unneeded info (I think fekker put a few of these in MIP). Or maybe built-in filters for 720p/1080p, BluRay/HDDVD - I can't imagine a movie title needing any of those.

I suppose that's a preference thing though, so don't let me decide Smile
rausch101 Wrote:It might as least be nice to have some toggles for the most common unneeded info (I think fekker put a few of these in MIP). Or maybe built-in filters for 720p/1080p, BluRay/HDDVD - I can't imagine a movie title needing any of those.

I suppose that's a preference thing though, so don't let me decide Smile

Yeah.... never know what users are doing or what they want, so it's best just to leave it up to the end user what to filter. So if we do add defaults, it would just automatically add them to the filter list, and not be hardcoded in the program.
nul7 Wrote:And you used "All Movies", right? Should work. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Just tested and worked great for me.
Yup, it just kept my original NFO files and didn't update them. Oo
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24