• 16(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Batemann Wrote:I feel VERY stupid.

I use MIP and Media Companion both, for a long time. I was hoping to get the functionality of both in this new ember. But I can't get it to work.

Installing: no problem.
Loading a directory with movies: no problem.
But getting the tool to actually create a NFO and download thumbs, fanart and such: nothing.
I Have the menu on the right top panel in which I can set creating to Auto or full. But nothing happens.

Am I missing a "run now" button somewhere?? Or is this the same prob Pmontanari above me is having?

Hope someone can help me. ;-) And yes, you can tell me I'm stupid.

I have the same thing

pressing the auto function does nothing for me eitherRolleyes
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
HexusOdy Wrote:Well you choose Full Auto it should start checking through your media and you will see a progress bar at the bottom. If not it isn't working.

I had the same problem previously and deleteing it and starting again fixed it. But its also possibly something broke in the latest version, it is Alpha after all Smile

Hi,
Thanks, I started doubting myself. Can confirm: doesn't work. Both the x64 and x86 do not work (here).

EDIT:
OK... Just asked my wife to fix it.... Everything is working. Had something to do with RTFM.... (dot-net...)
Joy In Repitition
clackerdacker Wrote:Structured like this

28 Weeks Later\VIDEO_TS and in here you have VIDEO_TS.NFO, VIDEO_TS.TBN & fanart.jpg. It also fails with dvr-ms files setup exactly like avi or mkv files.

This also applies to title as some of us modify them to alloow for custom sorting and I don"t want to lose them when rescraping.

Thanks... I'll try to figure out something with the video_ts folders. If you don't mind, could you add a feature request to the google code page so I don't forget?

I'm beginning work on "locking" items for scraping now.

idioteque Wrote:maybe it is me but with windows 7 7068 Ember does not scrape anything.

it just finished and nothing is looked up Confused

am I doing something wrong?

2 things... make sure you have .NET 3.5 installed, and there is a bug in r10 with the certifications. Uncheck the box to use certifications until the next version is out.

pmontanari Wrote:Here is a better explanation of the forder structure that causes troubles :

All Movies Folder

-- Movie1 Folder ----> Works Well
-----Movie1.nfo
-----Movie1.mkv
-----Movie1.tbn
-----Movie1-fanart.jpg

-- Movie2 Folder ----> Doesn't Work
-------Movie2 Folder (Sub folder)
---------Movie2.nfo
---------Movie2.mkv
---------Movie2.tbn
---------Movie2-fanart.jpg

The second situation occurs when you download a media in a folder structure (with media + sample + nfo)

Am I clear ?

Wait... wait... wait... I think I've been misunderstanding you... by "doesn't work" do you mean it's not in the list? I don't have any code in the program to look into subfolders for more movies. I suppose that's feasible... please add a feature request to the google code page.

Batemann Wrote:I feel VERY stupid.

I use MIP and Media Companion both, for a long time. I was hoping to get the functionality of both in this new ember. But I can't get it to work.

Installing: no problem.
Loading a directory with movies: no problem.
But getting the tool to actually create a NFO and download thumbs, fanart and such: nothing.
I Have the menu on the right top panel in which I can set creating to Auto or full. But nothing happens.

Am I missing a "run now" button somewhere?? Or is this the same prob Pmontanari above me is having?

Hope someone can help me. ;-) And yes, you can tell me I'm stupid.

Please make sure you have .NET 3.5 installed and you're not using certification language in the settings (until next version).

HexusOdy Wrote:Well you choose Full Auto it should start checking through your media and you will see a progress bar at the bottom. If not it isn't working.

I had the same problem previously and deleteing it and starting again fixed it. But its also possibly something broke in the latest version, it is Alpha after all Smile

Yep... certification language. *sigh* I can never do anything right. lol

Reginald Wrote:nul7, thank you for creating this, it is well put together and smooth interface. I can't wait to see what you do with the TV section.

I do have a question though, I am trying to have Ember skip a file type (.dat) and I can't see how to do that, I searched through the forums and I wasn't able to find anything. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks!

Edit: added file type, that may help... :-p

How do you mean "skip" a file type? Not load it in the list? Put in a feature request for "Custom Movie File Types" on the google code page and I'll work on it. Wink

Batemann Wrote:Hi,
Thanks, I started doubting myself. Can confirm: doesn't work. Both the x64 and x86 do not work (here).

EDIT:
OK... Just asked my wife to fix it.... Everything is working. Had something to do with RTFM.... (dot-net...)

lol Maybe one day when everything is working I'll create a proper setup file that bundles .NET 3.5 framework so that won't be an issue any more. Should I make the note bigger on the first post?
nul7 Wrote:Wait... wait... wait... I think I've been misunderstanding you... by "doesn't work" do you mean it's not in the list? I don't have any code in the program to look into subfolders for more movies. I suppose that's feasible... please add a feature request to the google code page.

Sorry, by "doesn't work" I mean it stops loading the remaining movies the "media search" function just found.

Actually, the media counter displays the exact number of movies (115= number of folders), but the program stops loading the remaining movies when encountering the "subfolder" structure...

To reproduce this error, just take a folder whith all medias inside (nfo, fanart, movie and poster). Create a subfolder inside this folder and put all the files inside.... After a new scan, you will see what happens...
pmontanari Wrote:Sorry, by "doesn't work" I mean it stops loading the remaining movies the "media search" function just found.

Actually, the media counter displays the exact number of movies (115= number of folders), but the program stops loading the remaining movies when encountering the "subfolder" structure...

To reproduce this error, just take a folder whith all medias inside (nfo, fanart, movie and poster). Create a subfolder inside this folder and put all the files inside.... After a new scan, you will see what happens...

Well, either it's fixed in the new version or I'm still not understanding. lol I can't reproduce this at all. I have a folder type source with 575 movies in it. I went into one of the folders, created a new subfolder (I tried with the same name as the parent folder and with a different name), and copied everything from the parent folder into the subfolder (also tried moving the files.... copy them into the subfolder, then delete the originals). All my movies are still loaded.

EDIT: Just to clarify, by "new version" I mean the one that I will release later today.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks... I'll try to figure out something with the video_ts folders. If you don't mind, could you add a feature request to the google code page so I don't forget?

No prob. I can do the codig for you if you"d like some help? Been a C# programmer for 6 years and progamming as a living since '85
r29 is in the first post. The first time you run it, you'll need to go to Settings->Movies to set which file types you want to use.

clackerdacker Wrote:No prob. I can do the codig for you if you"d like some help? Been a C# programmer for 6 years and progamming as a living since '85

Any help would be appreciated. I'm coding this in VB.net (if you hadn't noticed already) so should be no problem to "translate".
I'm hoping in this case no news is good news. lol Nobody has anything to say about r29? Or am I just being impatient? :p
nul7 Wrote:I'm hoping in this case no news is good news. lol Nobody has anything to say about r29? Or am I just being impatient? :p

I'm having some trouble selecting posters. I have no problem clicking on Edit Movie...Poster tab...scraping the images, but when I click on one to select it and press OK, nothing happens. I just have a gray poster tab.

Here's my error log

Title: Error
Message: Could not find file 'D:\EMM_r29_x86\Temp\poster.jpg'.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.GetAttributes(String path)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.Save(String sPath)
Date/Time: 5/15/2009 7:35:09 PM
===========================================================================================
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
===========================================================================================
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetPosterScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
indy5 Wrote:I'm having some trouble selecting posters. I have no problem clicking on Edit Movie...Poster tab...scraping the images, but when I click on one to select it and press OK, nothing happens. I just have a gray poster tab.

Here's my error log

at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.Save(String sPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetPosterScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Damn... that was dumb. lol Sorry, I'll have a fix in about half an hour. *sigh*
Uploading the new version now.... but taking forever because I also have a few torrents running.
r31 is available in the first post. Sorry about releasing another version so quickly after the last, but due to the nature of the bug, I felt it was important to update asap. Hope you all understand. Thanks, indy5, for pointing out the bug.
nul7 Wrote:r31 is available in the first post. Sorry about releasing another version so quickly after the last, but due to the nature of the bug, I felt it was important to update asap. Hope you all understand. Thanks, indy5, for pointing out the bug.

The poster scraping is now working fine. I am having trouble creating new nfos however. It's able to scan and pull up all the info from IMDB, but it never saves the .nfo file.

Here's my log

Message: Could not find file 'S:\Total Recall (1990)\movie.nfo'.
at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.SaveMovieToNFO(Movie movieToSave, String sPath, Boolean isFile)
Date/Time: 5/15/2009 9:20:52 PM
indy5 Wrote:The poster scraping is now working fine. I am having trouble creating new nfos however. It's able to scan and pull up all the info from IMDB, but it never saves the .nfo file.

Here's my log

Message: Could not find file 'S:\Total Recall (1990)\movie.nfo'.
at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.SaveMovieToNFO(Movie movieToSave, String sPath, Boolean isFile)
Date/Time: 5/15/2009 9:20:52 PM

Damnit... same problem. lol It all comes from the rewrite to allow for selection of filenaming schemes. Then at the last moment I decided to throw in code to see if the file was readonly, but forgot about the fact that, hey, idiot, the file might not even exist yet. *slaps forehead* I'll have a new version up in a bit (probably an hour or so).
Uploading the new version now, but will take a while due to the torrents.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24