• 66(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Solved
themugger Wrote:Just tried latest SVN and trailer downloading is working like a charm. Still trying out all different combos but so far so good.

Also command line working a treat Big Grin

The mugger please share svn build (x86) Big Grin

Can't wait to try trailers !
JUst an idea regarding Fanart thats auto scraped.

I often find that the first fanart on IMDB is the worst of the bunch and that the last is the best. Its not always the case but more often than not.

So would it be an idea for Ember to select the last fanart as default instead of the first?
give us a build to sink our teeth in.
Where are the trailers scraped from?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
HexusOdy Wrote:JUst an idea regarding Fanart thats auto scraped.

I often find that the first fanart on IMDB is the worst of the bunch and that the last is the best. Its not always the case but more often than not.

So would it be an idea for Ember to select the last fanart as default instead of the first?
Fanart from IMDB sucks. Get the artwork from IMPAwards.
i think its only fair to let nul7 release what he sees fit! im happy to post up an svn build as long as its okay with nul7. The main problem i suppose is that its harder to track problems/changes dependin on what build is being used....

Trailers are scraped from

IMDB
MattTrailer
AZMovies
YouTube (via TMDB)
AllTrailers.net
i just downloaded the svn version to try and check it out myself.

Question..... Can I use Visual Basic 2008 express (the freeby one) to compile this to run?

excuse my ignorance Huh

tnx

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:i just downloaded the svn version to try and check it out myself.

Question..... Can I use Visual Basic 2008 express (the freeby one) to compile this to run?

excuse my ignorance Huh

tnx

Brent

Hi mate, yes you can. this is what i used. theres a few things you have to do to get the build working correctly though, all the answers are in this thread. if you get stuck give us a shout and ill try to help out.
hmmm
downloaded 2008 express, then downloaded again with the sql part. Now got the same errors that you were getting before themugger with

Error 4 Type 'SQLite.SQLiteTransaction' is not defined. C:\Users\Brent\Desktop\ember svn\Ember Media Manager\clsGlobal.vb 200 41 Ember Media Manager

and so on... 30 errors in total. I tried the response that you were given about removing it and adding it again but the system.data.sqlite choice wasn't there to re-add.

lol so I guess I will wait until a release comes out Wink

cheers though

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:hmmm
downloaded 2008 express, then downloaded again with the sql part. Now got the same errors that you were getting before themugger with

Error 4 Type 'SQLite.SQLiteTransaction' is not defined. C:\Users\Brent\Desktop\ember svn\Ember Media Manager\clsGlobal.vb 200 41 Ember Media Manager

and so on... 30 errors in total. I tried the response that you were given about removing it and adding it again but the system.data.sqlite choice wasn't there to re-add.

lol so I guess I will wait until a release comes out Wink

cheers though

Brent

You have to browse to the dll in the Ember installation directory. Wink

EDIT: Just a warning, a custom updater was implemented and just committed to SVN that made a lot of changes to other portions of the code. I have to leave to go eat dinner with my parents and I haven't been able to test everything fully yet, so there may be a problem or two in the current code in SVN.
FYI, next release will come tomorrow night after testing all day tomorrow. Another big update, so we'll probably have another feature freeze after this release.... actually we'll probably just do that as standard from now on.... always feature freeze after feature-add releases.

EDIT: Might as well add an up-to-date changelog:

Code:
* Feature: Option to skip movie files if they are smaller than a configurable size
* Feature: Source filter for media list
* Feature: Enhanced commandline operation (now silent by default for single movie, able to utilize any of the other updaters/modifiers)
* Feature: Tool for reversion of studio tags
* Feature: Offline Media Manager (create "dummy" files, including customizable video, for physical dvd movies)
* Feature: Download trailers (supported sites: YouTube/TMDB, AllTrailers, MattTrailers, AZMovies, IMDB) - Thanks to mafis90 for the initial code
* Feature: Configurable poster and fanart image quality
* Feature: Option to download the preferred fanart size only
* Feature: Custom Updater
* Feature: Expert Mode cleaner tool
* Feature: Option to not save image urls to nfo (YAMJ compatibility)
* Fix: Check for null in Sets comparison
* Fix: Always use full path to settings and database for Windows 7 user folder compatibility
* Fix: Multi-language genres not loading properly
* Change/Fix: More error handling in Sets Manager
* Change/Fix: Lots of code tweaks/improvements
* Change: Disable specific updaters depending on settings
* Change: Improved clean up of database on rescan
* Change: Tweaks to filters
* Change: Exclude parent folder when validating paths for media
* Change: Set studio tag to studioreal if Use MI Studio Tags is disabled
* Change: Only allow single instance except for commandline operation
* Change: Improved compatibility for XBMC native media flagging
* Change: Do not cut off long movie names
* Change: Real-time update of media list checkboxes during updaters
Cheers nul7

Worked perfect after that (all bar a few diff processor warnings) got it built and working like a charm.

My only observation with the trailer downloads is that for trailers being downloaded and stored along with the films, they do not need the path being added into the NFO. In fact for systems like mine and possibly others, I use a diff drive path on my PC to the xbox and the HTPC so it points it to the wrong direction. XBMC now finds any filmname-trailer and movie-trailer just fine (well at least it does on my films in individual folders setup).

oh and studio name cleaning done exactly what it said on the tin too

Fantastic work u r doing - greatly appreciated

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:Cheers nul7

Worked perfect after that (all bar a few diff processor warnings) got it built and working like a charm.

My only observation with the trailer downloads is that for trailers being downloaded and stored along with the films, they do not need the path being added into the NFO. In fact for systems like mine and possibly others, I use a diff drive path on my PC to the xbox and the HTPC so it points it to the wrong direction. XBMC now finds any filmname-trailer and movie-trailer just fine (well at least it does on my films in individual folders setup).

oh and studio name cleaning done exactly what it said on the tin too

Fantastic work u r doing - greatly appreciated

Brent

Ah, good point about the different paths.... hmmm should it just leave the IMDB trailer url in there then? Or nothing at all? I don't use trailers, so I don't know if it will look for the file first, and if not found, use the url.
IMHO

I would leave the trailer path blank if the trailer is being downloaded and stored local (though like I said before I store all my films in separate folders - if users want to store trailers in a central location then they would need to use the trailer path) and only use the trailer path option for streaming.

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:IMHO

I would leave the trailer path blank if the trailer is being downloaded and stored local (though like I said before I store all my films in separate folders - if users want to store trailers in a central location then they would need to use the trailer path) and only use the trailer path option for streaming.

Brent

Seconded, XBMC handles movie-trailer.<ext> and <moviename>-trailer.<ext> just fine when they are located in the <moviename> folder. nothing else should need doing unless people want esoteric folder structures.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24