• 78(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
kautious Wrote:Sorry if this has been ask already but I have a lot of .iso movies that Ember use to read the media info but now it doesn't, only my avi files load all the right flags. Was this feature taken out of r449?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=345...tcount=589

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=345...tcount=596
olympia Wrote:Ignore/Remove text for lookups is already in there: settings/general/file name filters. You have to use regexp here. Yes, it's not very user friendly at the moment.

[quote=nul7]Just to clarify, the name filters don't have to be regex. Wink

Ooopppsss, my bad... Smile

Some template to have a feeling about that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=356...count=1023
Thanks for the tip Olympia!! and the fast response Big Grin
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
A note about disc images... if you're building from SVN, they are no longer supported for scanning media info, and you can just delete mediainfo.dll from the bin folder as it's no longer used. We're now emulating XBMC's native media flagging to ensure compatibility.
bit bizarre r449 for me. I have...

Video Stream 1
- Size: 620x256
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.421875
- Codec: mpeg4
- Duration: 01:56:36.78

as SD

Video Stream 1
- Size: 640x288
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.22222222222222
- Duration: 01:48:16.44

as 480

Video Stream 1
- Size: 668x278
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.40287769784173
- Duration: 01:22:03.96

as 480

I have 720's being misreported too. Also a lot of 5.1 sounds are being reported as DTS. plus all 480P's are being shown as 480

what should be the most realistic representation of media info - using the new version or the old school methods using mediainfo.dll?

tnx

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:bit bizarre r449 for me. I have...

Video Stream 1
- Size: 620x256
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.421875
- Duration: 01:56:36.78

as SD

Video Stream 1
- Size: 640x288
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.22222222222222
- Duration: 01:48:16.44

as 480

Video Stream 1
- Size: 668x278
- Display Aspect Ratio: 2.40287769784173
- Duration: 01:22:03.96

as 480

I have 720's being misreported too. Also a lot of 5.1 sounds are being reported as DTS. plus all 480P's are being shown as 480

what should be the most realistic representation of media info - using the new version or the old school methods using mediainfo.dll?

tnx

Brent

The cutoff for 480 is width < 640, in which case it will be marked "SD". So that is correct as far as how the code is written. ffmpeg does not detect interlaced vs progressive, so they are no longer marked as such (as is with XBMC's native flagging).

For DTS, anything with the codec of "dts" or "dca" is marked as DTS.

What are the dimensions of the 720 files that are being misreported?

ffmpeg should be more accurate in it's results, although somewhat limited in information as compared to mediainfo.dll.
nul7 Wrote:We're now emulating XBMC's native media flagging to ensure compatibility.

Looking forward to this release....By the way will it include a tool like you did for modifying the studio flags in previous release .nfos?
thanks
uncertainty Wrote:Looking forward to this release....By the way will it include a tool like you did for modifying the studio flags in previous release .nfos?
thanks

You'll just have to rescan all the media info.
I'm trying Ember for the first time (r449) and I have a couple issues:

1. In settings I have it set to download trailers and have it set for "all items" and single-scrape. I also have all the trailer sites checked and I set the timeout to 10, but no trailers are downloaded.

2. Under media info the duration reads weird times like 30:28.09 and 7:47.37. Also, nothing is showing for size, AR and codec. I assumed Ember scans the actual video for this info, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: I should mention that the files I'm using for testing are ripped DVD's in VIDEO_TS.ifo format.
meanstreak Wrote:I have 720's being misreported too.

Within EMM, I also have the 720p's being misreported (usually as 540p). They come up fine in Aeon though.
RockDawg Wrote:I'm trying Ember for the first time (r449) and I have a couple issues:

1. In settings I have it set to download trailers and have it set for "all items" and single-scrape. I also have all the trailer sites checked and I set the timeout to 10, but no trailers are downloaded.

How exactly are you trying to download the trailers?

RockDawg Wrote:2. Under media info the duration reads weird times like 30:28.09 and 7:47.37. Also, nothing is showing for size, AR and codec. I assumed Ember scans the actual video for this info, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: I should mention that the files I'm using for testing are ripped DVD's in VIDEO_TS.ifo format.

Looks like it's scanning only the menu items (only 30 minutes and 8 minutes). You can increase the size of the skipped files to something like 200 or so so it skips over those and gets a proper file to scan.

EDIT: Also upgrade to r453 or later as I did some tweaking to the media scanning earlier today.

EDIT2: Just to clarify, you'll need to rescan your media after increasing the size of skipped files.

rausch101 Wrote:Within EMM, I also have the 720p's being misreported (usually as 540p). They come up fine in Aeon though.

Guys, thanks for reporting issues, but please keep in mind that we can't see your screen. Just saying they're misreported doesn't help. lol We need to know what the dimensions of the video are so we can compare what the dimensions are vs the flag. Wink
nul7 Wrote:Guys, thanks for reporting issues, but please keep in mind that we can't see your screen. Just saying they're misreported doesn't help. lol We need to know what the dimensions of the video are so we can compare what the dimensions are vs the flag. Wink

Errrr....Turns out the newest version gets them all right. OR at least the 30 or so that I looked at.
rausch101 Wrote:Errrr....Turns out the newest version gets them all right. OR at least the 30 or so that I looked at.

Well, that's good news. Are you building from SVN?
For whatever reason, it seems to be getting the trailers now. But after I increase the size to 200, it makes all my nfo's and stuff named VTS_01_1.xxx instead of VIDEO_TS.xxx and I still get the same durations with no other media info displayed. Also, considering that DVD's consist of multiple .VOB's, how will Ember get the correct duration?
RockDawg Wrote:For whatever reason, it seems to be getting the trailers now. But after I increase the size to 200, it makes all my nfo's and stuff named VTS_01_1.xxx instead of VIDEO_TS.xxx and I still get the same durations with no other media info displayed. Also, considering that DVD's consist of multiple .VOB's, how will Ember get the correct duration?

Well, it won't if the main video is spread across multiple vobs. Although, we could make it scan all vobs and add them together.

EDIT: What is the parent folder name for these files? If it's "VIDEO_TS" then all the files should continue to be named video_ts.ext.... unless you have movie.ext enabled (which you must not).
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24