• 86(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Thanks for the quick responses. I think I must have had something set wrong as a restart of Ember and a rescan fixed the Studio tags and made them their normal length.

Probably the biggest issue I am seeing now is why certain films scrape with an <mpaa> tag and certain films only do a <certification> tag. In the skin I am using now (Aeon), it seems to display a US rating icon but only when the <mpaa> tag exists. For the most part, most films scraped with only <certification>.

I can probably mod the skin to fix this, but curious why not many movies have the <mpaa> tag in their nfo.

Really all in all for a program you call alpha this this is working amazingly well.
Is the "bulk renamer" functional? I'm running build R455. ThanksSmile
bobrap Wrote:Is the "bulk renamer" functional? I'm running build R455. ThanksSmile

In r455 yes i think it's functional
So how is the new Database integration going to help with Ember? I have been reading through all the posts and the google code site, but I can't seem to find any direct information. Will this speed up processing and updates? I would just hate to see Ember go down the path of MIP (taking 5 minutes to read the video collection before it can update, etc).

Thanks again for developing this kick ass app!
This is going to be THE killer app for library junkies. I can just tell. I already love it.
olympia Wrote:I would assume you checked the plot and outline checkbox under OFDB.
OFDB is for scraping german info from http://www.ofdb.de

Yes sireeee! That was the problem. I thank you kind sir for you quick reply and correct assumption.

I must say EMM should be the starting point for the one Media Manager to Rule Them All project. Right now EMM has them all whipped. But I must still say thank you to the ones who came first as you inspired us all with the gathering of our media info needs. Congrats EMM your #1! Can I have your baby? Laugh

Purgatory
Pürgatöry

- You're gonna need a bigger boat -

iiinteresting... I thought this was resolved previously, but i cannot get ember to scan mapped network drives. None of my movies on networked drives are added to the movie list
First off, thanks to everyone for their support. Really makes it all worthwhile for us.

indy5 Wrote:So how is the new Database integration going to help with Ember? I have been reading through all the posts and the google code site, but I can't seem to find any direct information. Will this speed up processing and updates? I would just hate to see Ember go down the path of MIP (taking 5 minutes to read the video collection before it can update, etc).

Thanks again for developing this kick ass app!

On the contrary, due to the database and the new source handling code, Ember is MUCH faster than ever before, in every aspect.... and it will only get better as we optimize all the code.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the initial scan of the movies takes a few seconds longer because we're saving all info to db now.... but other than that, there is a noticeable difference in speed.

sumofatguy Wrote:iiinteresting... I thought this was resolved previously, but i cannot get ember to scan mapped network drives. None of my movies on networked drives are added to the movie list

Which version are you using?
sumofatguy Wrote:iiinteresting... I thought this was resolved previously, but i cannot get ember to scan mapped network drives. None of my movies on networked drives are added to the movie list

Same problem here, unless I open the drives in Windows first.

Using r422.
Hitcher Wrote:Same problem here, unless I open the drives in Windows first.

Using r422.

I have had this problem in other programs as well, not just EMM. So I open the settings xml file and manually change the links from shares (ie. T:\movies) to the fully qualified share (\\mediaserver\videos). This fixes it.

I would be better if the EMM dialog box for selecting the folder would allow you to enter this or navigate to network servers, but it can't so I edit manually. Well, when I say "can't" I just mean that I often have problems using Microsofts home networking on windows navigating to other computers on my network under My Network Places, and there is no address field to type in an address.
AaronD Wrote:there is no address field to type in an address.

Good point. You will have that in the next release! Wink
Excellent Smile
bionic1234 Wrote:Seems to, I rebuilt my library on the weekend and images for actors are showing up in XBMC

Example excerpt from a movie.nfo file:
<actor>
<name>Steve Martin</name>
<role>Lucky Day</role>
<thumb>smb://192.168.0.43/Actors/nm0000188.jpg</thumb>

I will extract my movie library from XBMC and check what information those nfo's have in them to confirm.

Hey guys, finally got around to extracting the library to separate .nfo files and confirmed that XBMC uses local actor/actress information in the format above.
Nuno Wrote:In r455 yes i think it's functional

Can someone tell me how to use it, please? When I open it all I get is one movie listed. Click rename does nothing.Huh Thanks.
AaronD Wrote:I have had this problem in other programs as well, not just EMM. So I open the settings xml file and manually change the links from shares (ie. T:\movies) to the fully qualified share (\\mediaserver\videos). This fixes it.

I would be better if the EMM dialog box for selecting the folder would allow you to enter this or navigate to network servers, but it can't so I edit manually. Well, when I say "can't" I just mean that I often have problems using Microsofts home networking on windows navigating to other computers on my network under My Network Places, and there is no address field to type in an address.

LOL! I had to do the opposite for mine to work!
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24