• 124(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
RockDawg Wrote:I forgot to mention earlier that in addition to not scanning meta data, r790 also shoes VIDEO_TS.BUP in the file path rather than VIDEO_TS. There is no .bup in the extension list.

That is intentional. It looks for VIDEO_TS.ifo/.bup/.vob to use as the selected file.

RockDawg Wrote:Also, checking 'Use certification for MPAA' appears do nothing. I tried scraping with and without it checked and the resulting nfo's were the same. I get USATongueG-13 in Certification and 'Rated PG-13 for crude sex-related humor and dialogue, alcohol and drug-related scenes, all involving teens.' in the MPAA field regardless of whether or not I have the option checked.

I'm not sure what the intention of this feature was, but, for me, it would be nice if it would put the certification rating sans the country in the MPAA field. The reason I ask this is because I use the Focus skin and if you have the rating only (R, PG, PG-13, G and no other text) in the MPAA field it will display the rating graphic. I realize you can't tailor things for every specific need or use, but if it doesn't hurt another application of this feature, then it would be cool.

For USA, the certification is only used if an MPAA rating does not exist. I *think* every other skin looks for "Rated R" or "Rated PG-13" etc.... so I would consider this a problem of the Focus skin, not of Ember.

MrDVD Wrote:Yes, i right clicking on an movie and select "Mark" than i got to "Scrape Media" -> "Marked Movies" -> Ask... -> "Media Data Only" and this way didnt work for me to get the runtime from the Duration inside the nfo.

Did you skip the update a couple versions ago that deleted the database? There was a problem with the db that caused it to not save the meta data information properly, but was fixed a few versions ago. Delete your db (Media.emm) and try again.

ClayM Wrote:Hey, I might just be retarded, but I'm running r790 and when I try scraping/editing/whatever movies, nothing is saved. I can pick fanart and what not, but nothing gets written.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Check your file naming settings.... if you use <movie>.ext for all your movies, be sure "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" is disabled.

pettson3816 Wrote:I'm having kind of the same problem, but my problem is when i exit EMM and restart it my movies that i scraped in my former session won't show up with fanart, etc even though i did it the last time.

Never had this problem before, it might be me who is a little bit retarded as well.

Same as above... check your file naming settings. Also, if you guys skipped the update that deleted the db, you'll need to do that manually. There were some important changes to the db so it needs to be recreated.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
nul7 Wrote:That is intentional. It looks for VIDEO_TS.ifo/.bup/.vob to use as the selected file.

Must be a recent change then because r778 showed VIDEO_TS for me. Also, that essentially breaks the 'play now' button since VIDEO_TS.bup is not a "playable" file.

Quote:For USA, the certification is only used if an MPAA rating does not exist.

OK, that explains what I was seeing then.

Quote:I *think* every other skin looks for "Rated R" or "Rated PG-13" etc.... so I would consider this a problem of the Focus skin, not of Ember.

Yah, I wasn't saying this was a problem with Ember and I realized that it may have been specific to Focus. I was just wondering.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you post a test build so I could verify if the issue is indeed fixed with my movies not returning any meta data. Thanks.
nul7 Wrote:Same as above... check your file naming settings. Also, if you guys skipped the update that deleted the db, you'll need to do that manually. There were some important changes to the db so it needs to be recreated.
Thank you, that solved it.I must have missed the thing with deleting the db.
nul7 Wrote:Did you skip the update a couple versions ago that deleted the database? There was a problem with the db that caused it to not save the meta data information properly, but was fixed a few versions ago. Delete your db (Media.emm) and try again.

There is for sure a mix inside as i had to run r768 to get all the nfo's inside the db where i have .cd1.*-.cdx.* and *.extras.* in one folder as r790 simply ignor this nfos for *.extras.*. So for there is no way atm for me to create a clean r790 db.
MrDVD Wrote:There is for sure a mix inside as i had to run r768 to get all the nfo's inside the db where i have .cd1.*-.cdx.* and *.extras.* in one folder as r790 simply ignor this nfos for *.extras.*. So for there is no way atm for me to create a clean r790 db.

Well, that's not going to work. lol Is the extras video added to the db but not the extra files for it (poster, fanart, nfo, etc)? Just glancing over the code, I don't really see a reason for that to happen. I could see it not adding the extras video at all if you have "Detect only one movie from each folder" enabled for the source.

I have a small problem with the movie names, it names them in German a lot of times, so many (not all) have German beside the name.

example:

Twilight -Biss zum Morgengrauen

Underworld :Aufstand der Lykaner

etc etc.

2. When a particular Studio logo is missing how to add one manually from my hard disk??

Thank you
nul7 Wrote:Well, that's not going to work. lol Is the extras video added to the db but not the extra files for it (poster, fanart, nfo, etc)? Just glancing over the code, I don't really see a reason for that to happen. I could see it not adding the extras video at all if you have "Detect only one movie from each folder" enabled for the source.

Well i dont know what to say, fact is that r768 see the extras when i create a new db and r790 didnt and its the same path, same files in both cases.

"Detect only one movie from each folder" isnt aktiv for sure.

The files inside such folder looks like this:
Code:
folder.jpg
movie.cd1.avi
movie.cd1.nfo
movie.cd1.tbn
movie.cd1-fanart.jpg
movie.cd2.avi
movie.extras.avi
movie.extras.nfo
movie.extras.tbn
movie.extras-fanart.jpg

creating a new db in r790 when the needed nfo and pics are allready present for the *extras* also didnt help, r790 simply ignore it and create an db entry from the filename and you dont have any way to replace it with proper infos.
French Trad for R816 (With quick translate of template1 to have the export function working)
http://www.leetzone.org/French_r816.rar

Thanks for the add of $O Smile

As i try to improve quality , the custom scrapper window does not works well with my trads.

Need more space in options and filter selection and perhaps new strings for update maj as the full trads can fill in and abreviated ones will render the menu less easy to understand.
Naser Wrote:I have a small problem with the movie names, it names them in German a lot of times, so many (not all) have German beside the name.

example:

Twilight -Biss zum Morgengrauen

Underworld :Aufstand der Lykaner

etc etc.

2. When a particular Studio logo is missing how to add one manually from my hard disk??

Thank you

1> Could be one of two things: you have "Use OFDB Title" enabled or you changed the IMDB mirror to imdb.de

2> You can either name the studio logo exactly as the studio name with a .png extension, or add an entry in the studios.xml. Either way, the image file needs to be located in the \Images\Studios folder.

MrDVD Wrote:Well i dont know what to say, fact is that r768 see the extras when i create a new db and r790 didnt and its the same path, same files in both cases.

"Detect only one movie from each folder" isnt aktiv for sure.

The files inside such folder looks like this:
Code:
folder.jpg
movie.cd1.avi
movie.cd1.nfo
movie.cd1.tbn
movie.cd1-fanart.jpg
movie.cd2.avi
movie.extras.avi
movie.extras.nfo
movie.extras.tbn
movie.extras-fanart.jpg

creating a new db in r790 when the needed nfo and pics are allready present for the *extras* also didnt help, r790 simply ignore it and create an db entry from the filename and you dont have any way to replace it with proper infos.

Very strange... I'll do some experimenting to see where the breakdown occurs.

Tolriq Wrote:French Trad for R816 (With quick translate of template1 to have the export function working)
http://www.leetzone.org/French_r816.rar

Thanks for the add of $O Smile

As i try to improve quality , the custom scrapper window does not works well with my trads.

Need more space in options and filter selection and perhaps new strings for update maj as the full trads can fill in and abreviated ones will render the menu less easy to understand.

Thanks! I'll try to squeeze out a little more room.

I scanned all my movies with EMM and it did a great job of getting the missing information for my movies. great program.

what I would like to know is how to get xbmc to scrape my folders and not the online scraper. Some of my movies do not show a poster thumb however the folder has a folder.jpg and a movie.tbn file in it. I have set the content as use folder name for lookups so that I can use the info that emm has scanned.

what am I doing wrong?? my file structure is as per below

17 agin(2009) bluray.avi
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
extra thumb folder

also its only on some of the movies that are scanned not all.

do I need to post a debug log?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I scanned all my movies with EMM and it did a great job of getting the missing information for my movies. great program.

what I would like to know is how to get xbmc to scrape my folders and not the online scraper. Some of my movies do not show a poster thumb however the folder has a folder.jpg and a movie.tbn file in it. I have set the content as use folder name for lookups so that I can use the info that emm has scanned.

what am I doing wrong?? my file structure is as per below

17 agin(2009) bluray.avi
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
extra thumb folder

also its only on some of the movies that are scanned not all.

do I need to post a debug log?

Are the movies already part of your XBMC library? If so, you'll either need to refresh each movie or remove and readd the source in XBMC so it picks up the changes to the files.

Thanks for the help so far, Ember works really great! :-)

I have a few more questions:
Is there a wiki or online manual on the functions of ember?
Whats the lock/unlock-feature in the context menu?
Whats the best/easiest way of making the screenshots (extrathumbs)? The automatic function often makes screenshots that are not recognizable as from this particular movie.
If I edit the movie with ember, and I change the genre or the tagline, will it change back the next time i reload the whole database?

Thanks&Greetings
nul7 Wrote:Are the movies already part of your XBMC library? If so, you'll either need to refresh each movie or remove and readd the source in XBMC so it picks up the changes to the files.

I have deleted the source and readded it however some of the posters are still not picking up.

I even try to refresh the movie and nothing. xbmc makes a picture from the movie as that option is marked in my options however I know I have the poster in the file.
Wanted to know if there was a way to get ONLY bluray posters for movies marked? I am usually getting them from bluray.com but have to manually get them.

can this be added to the scraper so that the posters can be DL for certain movies with 720 or greater?

Also can emm read rar files and get all the flag data from rar filesHuh Or how does xbmc natively do this, does xbmc get the flag data from the rar or only after you start to watch the movie?
acme-badboy Wrote:Thanks for the help so far, Ember works really great! :-)

I have a few more questions:
Is there a wiki or online manual on the functions of ember?
Whats the lock/unlock-feature in the context menu?
Whats the best/easiest way of making the screenshots (extrathumbs)? The automatic function often makes screenshots that are not recognizable as from this particular movie.
If I edit the movie with ember, and I change the genre or the tagline, will it change back the next time i reload the whole database?

Thanks&Greetings

1> Yes, but it's empty at the moment. lol We'll work on getting that filled in after the next release.
2> If you lock a movie, it will be skipped during the scrapers. Absolutely no changes will be made to the movie files unless you do them manually via the movie editor.
3> The easiest way is by using the extrathumbs only scrapers, but as you mentioned, sometimes it can create thumbs from scenes that are unrecognizable. You can hand pick frames one at a time from within the movie editor (in the frame extraction tab).
4> No. For the most part Ember works off of the database to work a little faster/more efficiently, but all information is saved to the nfo file, as well. So even if you deleted the database completely, you will not lose any information. We plan to implement an "Offline" mode so you can stick the Ember directory on a USB stick and use it only from the db... then when you go back "online" it will save all the changed info to the files.

rflores2323 Wrote:I have deleted the source and readded it however some of the posters are still not picking up.

I even try to refresh the movie and nothing. xbmc makes a picture from the movie as that option is marked in my options however I know I have the poster in the file.

I'm not sure. If Ember is creating the proper files, then unfortunately I can't help you. All I can say is make absolute sure that there is a movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn in the folder.

rflores2323 Wrote:Wanted to know if there was a way to get ONLY bluray posters for movies marked? I am usually getting them from bluray.com but have to manually get them.

can this be added to the scraper so that the posters can be DL for certain movies with 720 or greater?

Also can emm read rar files and get all the flag data from rar filesHuh Or how does xbmc natively do this, does xbmc get the flag data from the rar or only after you start to watch the movie?

There's no way to search bluray.com in a way to ensure that the posters it return are 100% from the movie you want.

Sorry, Ember can't read files internal to rar archives at the moment. Maybe some day in the future. Wink

• 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24