• 126(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Searched this Thread But could not find the answer, I want to add A custom genre to mass tag , Is it possiple to add one the the existing list. ?
First of all I would like to thank you for this great program! Big Grin

I found a strange bug. I am unable to get meta data from staked movie files located on my NAS. I tried it on two computers with the same result. Single movie files work fine.

When I connect my NAS directly to my computer as an USB drive than it can get meta data from stacked files. :confused2:

Anyone els found this problem?

Keep up the great work!!
Roborob Wrote:Searched this Thread But could not find the answer, I want to add A custom genre to mass tag , Is it possiple to add one the the existing list. ?

Yeah, I'd like to replace all the zombie movies genre from "horror" to "zombie"
realy great, it scraped al my movies at 95% hitrate.
only 1 thing it does not mark my mpegand avifiles (in seperate dirs as finished, no checked nfo album and fanart) althoug the files do exist in the directory.
Roborob Wrote:Searched this Thread But could not find the answer, I want to add A custom genre to mass tag , Is it possiple to add one the the existing list. ?

clock2113 Wrote:Yeah, I'd like to replace all the zombie movies genre from "horror" to "zombie"

Yes, it is possible.
You have to manually edit the Genres.xml file in Images\Genres folder to achieve this.
Hello, i have been using this media manager a for some time now for movies. It has become quite stable and with a lot of features.
I was wondering when support for TV shows is going to come, i think on the movie front the outcome is very good now and work should be done on the TV area as well.
Anybody else with the same thoughts??
I am currently using MIP 2 for TV shows which is nice but nowhere near as fast and stable as ember, so please do something on the TV section as well.
rflores2323 Wrote:what about making the bluray option a manual option that you have to pick to ensure you received the correct movie poster for that movie.

how can a scraper be added to search bluray posters and have an option to manually add them if checked ? can you make this an option.

Even if it only has a success rate of 90+% it would help out my library alot (and probably alot of others with HD/bluray content).

No, it won't happen in an automatic way for the reasons Jason already mentioned. However you can fill in the image url manually to let Ember download an image for you.
You can find this option in edit/poster/change poster(Download). First look for your desired poster whereever you want, find it's URL and copy it to there. Ember will download and name it properly for you.

MY sidenote: I don't really understand that why do you want blu-ray posters for your movies. We already have the media flags(even natively in XBMC) which is much more fancy way to differentiate your HD content from other content, than having it in the poster. But of course I let you make the decision Wink
xalaros Wrote:Hello, i have been using this media manager a for some time now for movies. It has become quite stable and with a lot of features.
I was wondering when support for TV shows is going to come, i think on the movie front the outcome is very good now and work should be done on the TV area as well.
Anybody else with the same thoughts??
I am currently using MIP 2 for TV shows which is nice but nowhere near as fast and stable as ember, so please do something on the TV section as well.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=366...count=1524

Please let us decide when to feel it's ready... lol
Anyway, we are geting close...
just a note there were changes to the nfo file format today, if yall already know then ignore this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55460
hman333 Wrote:just a note there were changes to the nfo file format today, if yall already know then ignore this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55460

Thank you for the notification.
Ember has been already modified according to this. New release will include. Wink
olympia Wrote:Yes, it is possible.
You have to manually edit the Genres.xml file in Images\Genres folder to achieve this.

Ok Thank you, now I can fully use the Homescreen MOD Wink
olympia Wrote:Yes, it is possible.

Thanks!
RockDawg Wrote:Once we figured out my issue and concluded that I needed to add .ifo to the extension list, Ember would put VIDEO_TS.ifo in the file path. Not .bup or .vob. And as you know, VIDEO_TS.ifo is playable and will play the entire movie. It did this in every previous version I tried before r790.

Prior to r790, the only issue I had was with Ember not retrieving any meta data, but Ember now showing .bup instead of .ifo hasn't corrected that (and I don't suppose it was intended to). Personally, I don't care much about being able to play the movie from withing Ember. My only intention for it was that if I could get ember to start retrieving meta data for my movies I was planning to use it as a quick and easy way to check if the actual duration matched the duration Ember came up with.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working as it had been before. That's all.

Yes, the way it works now (for the next release... I've done so many little tweaks to it, I don't even remember the implementation of r790. lol) is it will look for video_ts.ifo, video_ts.bup, or video_ts.vob. If the .vob is found, it takes precedence, else either the ifo or bup is picked depending on what order windows provides the file listing. This is done just to grab any "video_ts" file name. As long as the selected file has one of these 3 extensions, it will automatically look for ifo files in the directory. If none are found or if none are usable, it will fall back to attempting to scan the vobs via mediainfo.dll. The downside to the fallback is that it will treat it as a stacked movie and add the duration of all the vobs in the folder. In your case, that should be fine, I guess, since you're stripping the rip down to the core movie anyway. Hope that makes sense...

jerhui Wrote:First of all I would like to thank you for this great program! Big Grin

I found a strange bug. I am unable to get meta data from staked movie files located on my NAS. I tried it on two computers with the same result. Single movie files work fine.

When I connect my NAS directly to my computer as an USB drive than it can get meta data from stacked files. :confused2:

Anyone els found this problem?

Keep up the great work!!

Every one of the Ember team stores their movies on a NAS and it's working for us. How do you add the source? It seems some people it works fine using UNC path and others have to map the drive. Try adding the source in the opposite manner that you are now. What OS are you using?

bifi36 Wrote:realy great, it scraped al my movies at 95% hitrate.
only 1 thing it does not mark my mpegand avifiles (in seperate dirs as finished, no checked nfo album and fanart) althoug the files do exist in the directory.

Did the files already exist before you tried Ember? Can you give me an example of all the files contained in one directory. Also, if you use <movie>.ext for all your movies (or even just for the "missing" movies in particular) and you have all your movies in separate folders, be sure "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" is disabled.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
Hi,

I just started playing with r790 (x64 version). When scanning in a folder the nfo files and poster files and fanart files are not picked up (the tickboxes next to the movies in the list remain blank)

These are files that were originally created with a previous run of Ember

If I reload a movie (F5) it will load in the infomation from the nfo file but not the images (poster and fanart) and still the tickboxes remain unticked

I'm I missing something?
chuckles Wrote:Hi,

I just started playing with r790 (x64 version). When scanning in a folder the nfo files and poster files and fanart files are not picked up (the tickboxes next to the movies in the list remain blank)

These are files that were originally created with a previous run of Ember

If I reload a movie (F5) it will load in the infomation from the nfo file but not the images (poster and fanart) and still the tickboxes remain unticked

I'm I missing something?

I have the use <movie> only for folders disabled and have tried numerous combinations of the file naming settings. Nothing seems to make them display in the window and check the boxes. Even did a reinstall of .Net. The scrapers do work, however it just refuses to show. Not a deal killer for me.Shows up fine in XBMC.

Also, great app. Have tried the others and have found this to be the more polished. Thank you for this.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24