• 146(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
tknice1 Wrote:Hmm, I installed r1006 and now none of my movie folders will scan. I've removed all but one to make it as simple as possible and tried both UNC and a mapped drive but nothing works. It worked fine in previous versions.

My movies are in the standard separate folders and the error I am getting is, "Unable to load directories, please check settings".

I'm sure there's a setting somewhere I've overlooked and searching has led me nowhere.

Thanks for any help!

-TK

Delete your database file: media.emm in your installation dir and try to start again.
Drifty Wrote:Do I replace the exe.manifest file aswell or is it exactly as you said. Just the exe?

just exe, but you don't make any problem if you copy both.
olympia Wrote:Delete your database file: media.emm in your installation dir and try to start again.

I've tried uninstalling/deleting the EMM software. Reinstalling. Nothing.

I can not get EMM to read the movies on my hard drive.

I created an issue report and got no response.

What gives. I loved this software when it was working. Now it is dead in the water.
Spaceman Wrote:I've tried uninstalling/deleting the EMM software. Reinstalling. Nothing.

I can not get EMM to read the movies on my hard drive.

I created an issue report and got no response.

What gives. I loved this software when it was working. Now it is dead in the water.

Lol... you're that... I forgot your nick...
Could you please have a look on your ticket here?
http://embermm.com/content/emm-doesnt-sh...ive-folder

How many more response would you expect? These are not enough?

What you mean on "installing" and "uninstalling" Ember?
Ember is not released with an installer yet. You only have to unzip it and run an executable.

Did you deleted the entire folder (with ALL the files) where you unzipped Ember? OR you just overwrited the old one?
olympia Wrote:Delete your database file: media.emm in your installation dir and try to start again.
that worked great, thanks.
tknice1 Wrote:that worked great, thanks.

you are welcome.
I also strongly suggest you to copy over the exe from this post to your installation dir.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=385...count=2157

r1006 have some know issues.
olympia Wrote:Lol... you're that... I forgot your nick...
Could you please have a look on your ticket here?
http://embermm.com/content/emm-doesnt-sh...ive-folder

How many more response would you expect? These are not enough?

What you mean on "installing" and "uninstalling" Ember?
Ember is not released with an installer yet. You only have to unzip it and run an executable.

Did you deleted the entire folder (with ALL the files) where you unzipped Ember? OR you just overwrited the old one?

Sorry. Didn't know how to access the ticket. Now I do. Thanks. I responded there so not to clog up this thread.
olympia Wrote:you are welcome.
I also strongly suggest you to copy over the exe from this post to your installation dir.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=385...count=2157

r1006 have some know issues.
Yep, already done. By the way, this program has come a very long way since I first loaded it and I want to thank you guys for putting so much time into it's development and support. I appreciate it very much!!

Speaking of which, there are many features that I've not had a chance to use. I should really search for documentation and formally read through it all.

Thanks again!

-TK
oops, double post
nul7 Wrote:Sure:

:p

nul7 Wrote:I'm thinking about quitting development of Ember to put my mad graphics skills to use designing skins. What do you think?

ROFLMAO!!!

Go for it! I think Picasso doesn't stand a chance! Rofl
When scraping a single movie in library mode, all the data loads in the window. When I click OK, it goes away. I see a window that says "verifying movie details" that shows busy. It shows busy for 10+ minutes.

So how do I get it to load the scrapped data into the library?

Thanks
Is there any way to have xbmc actually apply the downloaded poster pic from EMM....without me having to manually pic the poster in the movie file?
onebyside Wrote:Is there any way to have xbmc actually apply the downloaded poster pic from EMM....without me having to manually pic the poster in the movie file?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Does the movie already exist in your XBMC library? And you're changing the poster in Ember and want it to display in XBMC? You have to reload the movie in XBMC to make it pick up new data (changes to nfo, poster, fanart, etc).
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
yes the movies exist, but when I do reload everything fills in except the poster

I have to manually select the jpg
onebyside Wrote:yes the movies exist, but when I do reload everything fills in except the poster

I have to manually select the jpg

What file name are you using for the poster? I don't think XBMC detects any jpgs to be used for posters... if any, it would be folder.jpg. The "native" file name to use for posters for XBMC is movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn.

EDIT: You can run the file cleaner to get rid of the other poster file that you currently have, enable movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn, then run the All Movies -> Auto or Ask -> Posters Only and it should only take a few seconds to a few minutes (depending on how many movies you have) to run through them all if you have caching enabled.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24