• 185(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Are there any plans to make this a program for Mac? It's a real pain to have to keep bringing out my laptop and disconnecting my HD each time I want to update Smile

I absolutely love this software, and it would be amazing if it could be expanded for all platforms Big Grin
I love my Mac Mini :;):
NasaGeek Wrote:I doubt there would be anything like Ember for Mac, and not from any of our devs. They have their plates a bit full atm Wink

The problem is Ember is coded in Visual Basic which is a Windows-only language, making any kind of port very difficult.

If someone tried recreating EMM in C++ or some other cross-system language, the possibility might be higher.
Hmm... sounds like it could be doable Smile
A lot easier just to install Crossover or VMware...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
VMWare is a nice solution but it's a pain to set up a virtual machine, especially if you're not huge into technology. Wouldn't it just be easier to have a program for Mac and not worry about it? Smile
Ember is great, and it's really raised the bar on media managers.

I know it's been suggested before, and i'll just make a quick note again. A bunch of us that created some of the other media managers and scraper tools are working on a unified cross platform media manager. I know some of the goals are different, but a lot are still the same. I still think teaming up is the best way to make the best tools, and invite any of embers kick ass dev team to join us.

Either way, i'm glad to see ember still being worked on, it's a great tool!

- fekker
Super stoked you are working on a universal solution... I'll be on the lookout of your progress Smile

How far are you away from an Alpha?
Does Ember support XBMC compatible sorttitle for sets?

Quote:<set></set> and <sorttitle></sorttitle> tags

I guess this would be a feature request. Could Ember use sorttitle to sort movies in a set by year?
bnevets27 Wrote:Does Ember support XBMC compatible sorttitle for sets?

Yes it does.
See "Sort Title" in edit dialog and Set manager in tools menu.
Ember is terrific! The best IMHO. However, I cannot get the Sort To Folders tool to work. I select a valid sort path and click go. It instantly says "Done" but nothing has been done. Anyone else have this trouble?
olympia Wrote:Yes it does.
See "Sort Title" in edit dialog and Set manager in tools menu.

I meant within a set, In Set Manager you can move movies in you set up or down. But I doesn't look like that is actually saved to the nfo.

I have realized it doesn't really matter though. Movies in a set in XBMC can be told to be sorted by year without effecting the sorting of movies outside the set.

I was just looking for movies in a set to be sorted by when they came out, and that did it.
bnevets27 Wrote:I meant within a set, In Set Manager you can move movies in you set up or down. But I doesn't look like that is actually saved to the nfo.

I have realized it doesn't really matter though. Movies in a set in XBMC can be told to be sorted by year without effecting the sorting of movies outside the set.

I was just looking for movies in a set to be sorted by when they came out, and that did it.

Hmmmm... Still not sure what you mean.
XBMC does not support importing of movie order within a set, thus we cannot save this to nfo.
(On the side note: YAMJ is supporting this, so in YAMJ compatible mode EMM saves movie order into .nfo, but we cannot do this with XBMC)

But once you imported your EMM created sets into XBMC, XBMC will sort it by year, so what's the problemHuh
olympia Wrote:XBMC does not support importing of movie order within a set, thus we cannot save this to nfo.

Ah ok I couldn't find a definitive answer to that.

olympia Wrote:But once you imported your EMM created sets into XBMC, XBMC will sort it by year, so what's the problemHuh

No problem, I was just wondering if the sorting in EMM was suppost to work in XBMC.
There is a small bug in the set manager: If you have two movies with the same name, only one of them can be added to the set. When you try to add the other, it "thinks" that it's the same that the other one.

Example:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2006)

It seems that uses the plain name instead of a id or index reference.

Regards and sorry for my english!!
Bengualas Wrote:There is a small bug in the set manager: If you have two movies with the same name, only one of them can be added to the set. When you try to add the other, it "thinks" that it's the same that the other one.

Example:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2006)

It seems that uses the plain name instead of a id or index reference.

Regards and sorry for my english!!

Talk about coincidence but of my 15+ collections this was the same issue I had. I just went in and manually edited the 2006 to be "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake" and then added it to xbmc.
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24