• 187(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Thank you for this great program, It has saved me a lot of time of manually doing movie sets.

A featured I'd like to suggest for sets would be if that movie is moved over into the set it should disappear on the right hand list. This helps know what movies are left to add into that set.

IE - I just created a set for all 23 bond movies. They are not sorted by "James Bond -" they all have their own title so I have to find them all and make sure I am not missing them.

A Couple other things, I had it automatically scan a lot of my movies and most of the bond ones ended up being a making of that movie title. When I click Change movie it comes up with the popular title being the correct one. Wish it would have chosen that in the first place.

Can't wait for TV Show integration.

Edit : steph99 - I would recommend keeping Movies and TV Shows in seperate folders. On my F drive I have a Movies folder and a TV Shows folder and they are shared seperatly. Once added to XBMC you set the source of each as well. This way XBMC knows which are TV Shows and which are Movies. Plus this lets your programs work with one another easier as well.
When doing sets, changing the order of movies doesn't seem to effect anything with the XBMC other than grouping them together. (After the grouping, alpha order takes over.)

Is this something I need to manually change on each movie (such as the sort title field) or should it be doing this automatically?

If not, can that be a feature added - to automatically change the sort title to be in order (such as Start Trek 1, Star Trek 2, Star Trek 3, etc based on the order indicated when setting up the set.)
I just did this last night, I created my set in the menu, Moved the titles up and down the list to create the exact order.

I then removed them from the library on XBMC and did an update content. Found the movies, grouped them together and they were in the correct order.
JackieBrown Wrote:When doing sets, changing the order of movies doesn't seem to effect anything with the XBMC other than grouping them together. (After the grouping, alpha order takes over.)

Is this something I need to manually change on each movie (such as the sort title field) or should it be doing this automatically?

If not, can that be a feature added - to automatically change the sort title to be in order (such as Start Trek 1, Star Trek 2, Star Trek 3, etc based on the order indicated when setting up the set.)

Jasin Wrote:I just did this last night, I created my set in the menu, Moved the titles up and down the list to create the exact order.

I then removed them from the library on XBMC and did an update content. Found the movies, grouped them together and they were in the correct order.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=457...count=2764
fnwc Wrote:I might misunderstand what you're saying, but EMM only needs to see the first part (Disc 1) of the movie, since essentially the metadata for the movie is the same between regardless of how many parts it is (the same way XBMC treats the movie as stacked).

As a result, it only grabs and saves nfo/tbn/fanart and names it according to the first part of the movie, the same way XBMC reads it.

In the case of your example "movie.iso" and "movie - Disk 2.iso", EMM (and XBMC) would consider these separate movies.

Thanks for the pointer to the XBMC stacking capability - that's the understanding I was missing.

In this instance I actually don't want these disks stacked - the second dvd is usually special features not the second half of the movie, but I now understand it's the reg expression match on "Disk n" that is causing my problems. If I use a different naming standard I'll get what I want.

Thanks for the help!

Guy
guyhopkins Wrote:Thanks for the pointer to the XBMC stacking capability - that's the understanding I was missing.

In this instance I actually don't want these disks stacked - the second dvd is usually special features not the second half of the movie, but I now understand it's the reg expression match on "Disk n" that is causing my problems. If I use a different naming standard I'll get what I want.

Thanks for the help!

Guy

XBMC is stacking ISOs differently, than other stackable media.
When you have a stacked DVD and you choose that in library, it will ask you that which part you want to play. OR you really want to have different item for DVD extras?
Jasin Wrote:Thank you for this great program, It has saved me a lot of time of manually doing movie sets.

A featured I'd like to suggest for sets would be if that movie is moved over into the set it should disappear on the right hand list. This helps know what movies are left to add into that set.

IE - I just created a set for all 23 bond movies. They are not sorted by "James Bond -" they all have their own title so I have to find them all and make sure I am not missing them.

A Couple other things, I had it automatically scan a lot of my movies and most of the bond ones ended up being a making of that movie title. When I click Change movie it comes up with the popular title being the correct one. Wish it would have chosen that in the first place.

Can't wait for TV Show integration.

There may be cases that people want to include the movie in more than
one set (is this even possible??), then your proposal would not work.
For my needs, it would work very well too Smile

You may want to open a feature request : EMM Issue Tracking
WOW!!!! Didn't know something like this existed. This thing is amazing for my movie collection!! Thanks so much.
It's really all I need for movies. Now all I need is the same for music. (hint).
TugboatBill Wrote:It's really all I need for movies. Now all I need is the same for music. (hint).

I agree!!!! That would be sick if they did this for music.
TugboatBill Wrote:It's really all I need for movies. Now all I need is the same for music. (hint).

jbalicki10 Wrote:I agree!!!! That would be sick if they did this for music.

Unfortunately the EMM devs are still working hard at completing the movie feature set as well as working out any bugs. And after movies have been worked on sufficiently, TV Shows would probably take priority over Music. Might I suggest you look at this small guide for organizing and tagging your music using MusicBrainz Picard instead?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63061
Hmmm... lately EMM seemed to stop saving nfos Huh

Weirdness! It still saves the fanart/thumbs... but even though it scrapes the nfo type information it doesn't save an nfo file!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Hmmm... lately EMM seemed to stop saving nfos Huh

Weirdness! It still saves the fanart/thumbs... but even though it scrapes the nfo type information it doesn't save an nfo file!

Make sure the checkbox wasn't unmarked by accident in the EMM Options.
Legolas Wrote:There may be cases that people want to include the movie in more than
one set (is this even possible??), then your proposal would not work.
For my needs, it would work very well too Smile

You may want to open a feature request : EMM Issue Tracking

Yes I understand that, but I mean it should only do that for the current set. If you were to click on another set it should only filter out the movies in that set. Thus solving both problems.
NasaGeek Wrote:Make sure the checkbox wasn't unmarked by accident in the EMM Options.

It's not... I even went and changed it from just doing movie.nfo to doing movie.nfo AND <movie>.nfo
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24