• 199(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You can't use folder.jpg for your posters, go into options -> file naming and check <movie>.tbn for posters and fanart.jpg for backdrops.
elecga Wrote:You can't use folder.jpg for your posters, go into options -> file naming and check <movie>.tbn for posters and fanart.jpg for backdrops.

I am intrigued by this post.

Can anyone confirm this?

I put my movies inside "/Movies" folder, and each movie has its own "/Movie Title (Year)" folder. In XBMC, I set the content as "movies".

I use the "folder.jpg" settings from EMM. Spent the last two days fine tuning my library, haven't utilized EMM synchronize function to XBOX yet (is this by the way necessary? Couldn't XBMC just scan the my folder for the posters and .nfo?).

Was it all for nothing? Must I rename all folder.jpg files to "<movie>.tbn"?

On other note, I feel very grateful to the contributors of EMM and XBMC. You guys make me look cool! Cool
I'm sure someone else can confirm it but you can also check the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails

fyi, before i switched to xbmc my collection was all folder.jpg, xbmc wouldn't pick them up until I switched to tbn.
I just started using emm so i'm not sure of renaming features but I just deleted all my folder.jpg's and autoscraped posters making sure that only <movie>.tbn was checked.

I'm pretty sure the sync function just sends the update library command to xbmc, up to you if you need it. I have that command mapped to a remote button so I just use that.
elzafir Wrote:Was it all for nothing? Must I rename all folder.jpg files to "<movie>.tbn"?

If you end up deciding to rename all your folder.jpg files to <movie>.tbn files, you can use Bulk Rename Utility to do this. It's extremely fast and intuitive Wink
I've had a weird thing happen today. I was scraping several new movies and for some reason the NFO is coming out in german. I have all the settings made for english, and USA, but it isn't working. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen?
What is the point of the <thumb> and <fanart> items in the .nfo? Are they needed since EMM is downloading us a local copy of the fanart and poster we want?
PLZ What "sort files into folders" DO
abauomy Wrote:PLZ What "sort files into folders" DO

It will take a single folder filled with video files and place each video file in its own folder. Each folder will take the same name as the video file it contains.
Along with the current template tags that are implemented

(<$MOVIENAME> <$YEAR><$COUNT> <$FILENAME> <$DIRNAME> <$OUTLINE> <$PLOT> <$VIDEO> <$AUDIO> ... etc),

it would be nice to have another tag which would show the date the file was added to the library.
This way, templates could also have a 'recently added' section or something, showing the last 10 movies added.
I do not know if this is feasible or not and if you were already thinking of adding a feature such as this. thanks!
Shuey Wrote:If you end up deciding to rename all your folder.jpg files to <movie>.tbn files, you can use Bulk Rename Utility to do this. It's extremely fast and intuitive Wink

Thanks for the BRUtility, I didn't know such programs exist.
But before I jump into the .tbn bandwagon, I need to know what this means...

Code:
Folder Thumbnails
If you store each of your media files in separate subfolders to keep things organized, you can also make the folder have a custom thumbnail image. To do this you either need to save your JPG/PNG thumbnail as folder.jpg and place it inside your movie/album folder, or you can save it as <foldername>.tbn and place it at the same level as the folder in the directory tree.
Remember, XBMC first checks for <foldername>.tbn before checking for folder.jpg.
Some documentation suggests that folder.tbn can be used. In general folder.jpg is superior as it is detected during a scan i.e. XBMC will correctly use folder.jpg but not folder.tbn.
Note that folder.jpg MUST be named .jpg, even if it is a .png format image.

Examples:
Movies\path\foldername\
Movies\path\foldername.tbn

or
Movies\path\moviename\folder.jpg
Music\path\album\folder.jpg

Now your media folder will have a lovely custom thumbnail-image.

You can via advancedsettings.xml change the default filename of the image that XBMC uses for music folders. See the <musicthumbs> tag. for more information.

Its from the wiki.
It says it can use folder.jpg.
But then, there is a part to set up Video thumbnails:
Code:
Movie

If content has been set to Movies, movie.tbn will override any other thumbs for media in that folder. In he following example "videofilename.avi" will now use the thumbnail "movie.tbn".
Videos\path\movie.tbn
Videos\path\videofilename.avi

so, to make things clear:
1. Does that mean I CAN use folder.jpg only for normal folders if I haven't set content to "Movies"?
2. If I set content to "Movies", I have to use movie.tbn?
3. Is movie.tbn the CORRECT way of doing this?

Sorry for the winding post. I'm just very confused. My fingers are huge.
Question 
hi.

I've just started using Ember MM and so far I'm very happy with it.

But I have a problem whit the bulk renamer. Most of the movies are processed successfully, but not all.

it seems that if the movie contains the source in the filename, it will not rename itself properly.

One example:

Movies\Bad Boys (1995)\Bad Boys.dvd.avi will show up in bulkrenamer with correct title and path, but in the filename field it says "Bad Boys vi". NewFileName displays the correct new filename.

Where does the "vi" come from?

When I hit "Rename" it seems like it starts to rename the files with the progress bar and everything, but it doesn't do anything. When I open Bulkrenamer again, it show the same list over movies to rename

filepattern is "$T{.$S}". I've also tried changing the pattern to "$T" with no luck.

I'm running r1102 on W7 32bit

Please let me know if you want me to post some screenshots or if you require more info.

Cheers,
JAH
JAH_ Wrote:hi.

Movies\Bad Boys (1995)\Bad Boys.dvd.avi will show up in bulkrenamer with correct title and path, but in the filename field it says "Bad Boys vi". NewFileName displays the correct new filename.

Where does the "vi" come from?

I've noticed the same.
How to sort by sort by IMDB rating
Huh
EMM might be the best Media Manager I've come across, and really, the only one that stayed on my hard drive. My main problem with it is that it's painfully slow. I'd really like to see some kind of multi-threading incorporated in it when pulling info - I don't know if it already does that, but it could, say, ask at the same time for info, posters, images and so on from multiple sites, and not one after the other.

To take it even further, it could ask at the same time for multiple movie info, say, like pulling at the same time info for 4 movies from IMDB - exactly like if you'd had opened 4 tabs in Firefox. I guess that that would make the program blazing fast. As for the possible problem of "what would happened if the program needed some user action for failed items", like if it didn't find the coresponding info for two or more movies it had asked at the same time, it could simply "cue" the errors and ask the user sequentially to input info.

I don't know if I'm asking much, but that would be the killer feature for me. Everything else is almost perfect.

Best regards and congrats on a great program.
Ducklord
cault Wrote:Hello,
I have a problem when scrapping fanart and extrathumbs. I have checked the save fanart as extrathumbs in the settings but it does not save the extrathumbs. When I am doing it manually, the same thing happen. So my latest movies have extrathumbs extracted from the file.
If I checked the fanart manually, then EMM downloads them correctly as extrathumbs.

I am using version 1102.
DOes anyone have the same issue or is it only me?

Thanks and keep up the good work, this soft rocks.

To be honest, I haven't messed with this feature since coding it... so something could have gone wrong with it since then. lol Please file a bug report on embermm.com and we'll take a look at it.

digzz Wrote:I'm finding it Hard to manually edit the Meta Data. Every Time I select what I want it doesn’t change a thing when the box closes when I close the box. Is anybody having the same problem? I’m running the 64x version.

I run the x64 version and have no problems editing meta data. What exact steps are you using to try to change it?

diemos Wrote:Welcome back nul7! we all missed you.

Happy Holidays and New Year!

Thank you! And a belated Happy Holidays and New Years to you and yours, as well!

elecga Wrote:I just started playing around with the trailer scraper and had some questions. I ran the auto scrape a couple days ago and it found trailers for most of the movies but for the ones with youtube urls they dont stream in xbmc.

This is the url I got for Aeon Flux which doesn't stream
http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&...DpknyUQ%3D

When I go into edit and manually search for trailers I get a different youtube link which works
http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&...v0AvI24%3D

I'm confused, is youtube changing the id or is something going wrong when emm autoscrapes and assigns the url? Manually scraping and clicking "set to nfo" assigns the correct url.

Both the automatic and manual scrapers use the same code to get the trailer from TMDB/YouTube. It's possible that the links posted to TMDB were dead whenever you did the first scrape and have since been updated.

SpazMonkey Wrote:I was digging around the OP and page 261 and saw some discussion about Taglines and Ember Media Manager. I am currently using version R1102. I can not yet figure out how to get it to properly pull a tagline. Currently for all of my movies it is pulling <div class="info-content"> instead of an actual tagline. I dug around the known bugs page for EMM and could not find it as a listed bug. I have however got EMM to work wonders for every other part of my library. Thanks for the help.

This was a problem a while ago (IMDB changing their format), but should be fixed in the last version or two. Please verify what version you are using and update if necessary.

Therms Wrote:Is it possible for EMM to use the info in already present .nfo files? I have a great number of movies I'd like to better scrape. All of them have .nfo files with the imdb id in them, but it seems like if I scrape them with the "Ask" option it asks on movies that it should easily be able to pick between if it looked at the imdb and year information.

For example:

I have a folder called Dawn of the Dead (2004). In that folder I have"Dawn of the Dead.hddvd.mkv" and "Dawn of the Dead.hddvd.nfo".

"Dawn of the Dead.hddvd.nfo" contains:

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Dawn of the Dea</title>
    <year>2004</year>
    <id>tt0363547</id>
</movie>

EMM still pops up the dialog asking me to choose between Dawn of the Dead (2004) and Dawn of the Dead (1978).

1. Shouldn't EMM get the year from the folder name?
2. Shouldn't EMM get the year and imdb id from the .nfo?
3. What am I doing wrong?

It shouldn't ask for anything in this case. If what you posted is exactly what's in the nfo, it should just pull the id and scrape accordingly. Please post a bug report on embermm.com and we'll try to get to the bottom of it.

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoghts on above? I believe that it has something to do with timeout time and as of that, it only downloads a part of the movie? Might be the same issue for trailers, which are cut after a while? Cannot confirm for trailers, but definitely still a big issue for me for movieart. Any thoughts?

I've noticed it on rare occasion too, I just keep forgetting to see what's going on. lol Please post a bug report on embermm.com so we have a reminder.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Not sure if this haven't been discussed yet, but is it possible to not scrape WGA from writers? <credits>WGA / Scott Neustadter / Michael H. Weber</credits>
Looks like something new on IMDb.

Also I would like an option to not link actor's photo when there is no available.
<thumb>http://i.media-imdb.com/images/SF75f7b1263bd0a445227b4969e9fd7fce/tn15/no_photo.png</thumb>

Thanks, Ez.

Please post this as a feature request on embermm.com.

krl69 Wrote:Just a couple of days ago I started to use this excellent program for scraping all my movies.

The really nice feature I wanted to use was the "Sets Manager" which gives me a possibility to sort movies under a "folder" structure. Children movies in one, music videos in another folder etc.

But this "manager" could use a little upgrading in both speed and functionality. For example if I have 200 movies that I want to sort in "sets", the right column named "Movies" shouldn’t be static. When I “move” a movie in to a set, it should also be removed from this column. Else it’s difficult to keep track of which movies I have sorted in to a set.

One way to solve this is to integrate the "sets" functionality under "Files and sources" settings. For example a "source" could have a setting that automatically connect a set to the source so every time a new movie was dropped in to the source, it get sorted under a specific set.

And I'm sorry if this matter is already discussed in an earlier thread or messages. But with almost 300 messages in this thread, I found it easier and speedier to just write a big new message. Big Grin

Well, your use of sets is not exactly as intended. Sets are for box sets and groups of movies from a series. I think setting genres to these movies would work better for your usage.

steve1977 Wrote:Had the same problem under an old version, but fixed for me under R1102. Maybe try a full new install and see whether this fixed it?!

One related request: I have quite a few movies scraped with unproper taglines. Would it be possible for the next release to include "update tagline" to fix this. Only for one release to get this worked out again. I am sure not too many suffer from the "old" tagline issue.

You can do a custom scraper for just the tagline. Wink

rvank Wrote:Hi all,

I have a question about movies on 2 dvd's.
I have some movies in 2 parts (2 VIDEO_TS folders) how can i get Ember to see these as 1 movie instead of 2.

So the file structure is:
..\MovieName\DVD 1\VIDEO_TS\
..\MovieName\DVD 2\VIDEO_TS\

or

..\MovieName\CD1\
..\MovieName\CD2\

Both give me the same result, 2 entries in ember.

Greets,
Rob

We try to conform as close as possible to XBMC's stacking methods, and, correct me if I'm wrong, they do not stack across directories. You'll need to put the movie files from both discs into the same folder.

unmesh Wrote:I'm embarrassed to ask this but I have not been able to figure it out on my own.

Since I have more than one XBMC client and all my movies are on a NAS, I thought I'd create .nfo and .jpg files on the NAS folders using EMM to save every client from having to download them over the Internet. The specific problem I'm having is with each client's "Set Content" field for the Source that points to the shared movie folder hierarchy.

Since I could not find a NFO-Scraper setting under Movies, I used the one under Music Videos and while it did recursively traverse the folder hierarchy, it did not produce a "Movie Information" choice in the context pulldown.

I must be missing something real obvious and any help getting this set up correctly will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to set it as "Movies". It doesn't matter what scraper you pick. XBMC will check for the local files first. If found, it will read from those. If not, it will fall back to the scraper you picked.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24