• 201(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Paulkai Wrote:Running the stable release of camelot and have just downloaded this programme I have followed all the info and now have fanart for all my movies
when i click on the button to import into xbmc i get the error saying to check i have the webserver and port number are correct, I have made sure that they are switched on, but still get the error, what I'm I doing wrong

Thanks

Paul

Make sure you enabled Webserver (not FTP server) in XBMC and change the user name and password to your liking.
I forgot to do that once, and led me to temporary mental breakdown.
nul7 Wrote:If the scrape buttons are disabled, that means you disabled all of the image servers in settings.... well, actually you lead me to find a bug... if you only have MPDB enabled then it will still disable the scrape buttons. Fixed it in the code.

Wow, I feel so special! tee hee Smile

I got another one,
could you please explain to me the proper way to download trailers manually using EMM's built-in downloader?

Because, what I do is this:
1. Open edit movie
2. Click the Globe icon next to Play Button in Trailer URL
3. Wait for it to search for trailers, if not found:
3a. Look manually in YouTube, turns out THERE ARE trailers for that movie (I just look for "Armageddon trailer". I don't know why EMM don't find the trailers, prolly the syntax used to search needs to be updated)
3b. Paste the trailer URL in EMM
4. Click Fetch Format
5. Choose Standard and click Download
6. (OKAY THIS IS WHERE IT GETS CONFUSING) I wait and wait and wait for the progress bar to complete, but it NEVER DID. I pay attention to by BandwidthMeter, and when its finally stop downloading, I clicked on the "..." button next to the Local Trailer field and select the trailer just downloaded. Press OK, and back to the download window. But there's only "Set to NFO" and "Download" became clickable again. But the "Cancel" button not. So I'M STUCK. Now what? How would normally I know the trailer is downloaded? Suddenly, the download window closed itself and I'm back to Edit Movie.

IMHO, the download window should check if there's a Local Trailer available and put an OK button.

Or, what I'm doing wrong?

BTW, downloading Trailers using All Movies Scraper work flawlessly!!
Only, sometimes it doesn't find popular titles such as Armageddon and 17 Again, but the auto download process is perfect.

Oh, can you add Apple Trailers as source to download trailer? Cause YouTube's not complete and quality sucks.
krl69 Wrote:I see that now, but I still want a form of sorting which is directly connected to the "Files and Sources". What about an option for setting a default genre per physical directory and an option to remove all other genre if you only want one per movie?!

And I would like to see other sorting methods?! I don't like the way ALL movies are sorted in one big pile of titles.

And last – is there a way to make a custom genre?

You can filter the list by source, then you can select all movies, right click and set (removes all current genres) or add (keeps the current genres) genre to all selected movies.

To add a custom genre, you can add them to the Genres.xml located in the Images/Genres directory.

elzafir Wrote:Wow, I feel so special! tee hee Smile

I got another one,
could you please explain to me the proper way to download trailers manually using EMM's built-in downloader?

Because, what I do is this:
1. Open edit movie
2. Click the Globe icon next to Play Button in Trailer URL
3. Wait for it to search for trailers, if not found:
3a. Look manually in YouTube, turns out THERE ARE trailers for that movie (I just look for "Armageddon trailer". I don't know why EMM don't find the trailers, prolly the syntax used to search needs to be updated)
3b. Paste the trailer URL in EMM
4. Click Fetch Format
5. Choose Standard and click Download
6. (OKAY THIS IS WHERE IT GETS CONFUSING) I wait and wait and wait for the progress bar to complete, but it NEVER DID. I pay attention to by BandwidthMeter, and when its finally stop downloading, I clicked on the "..." button next to the Local Trailer field and select the trailer just downloaded. Press OK, and back to the download window. But there's only "Set to NFO" and "Download" became clickable again. But the "Cancel" button not. So I'M STUCK. Now what? How would normally I know the trailer is downloaded? Suddenly, the download window closed itself and I'm back to Edit Movie.

IMHO, the download window should check if there's a Local Trailer available and put an OK button.

Or, what I'm doing wrong?

BTW, downloading Trailers using All Movies Scraper work flawlessly!!
Only, sometimes it doesn't find popular titles such as Armageddon and 17 Again, but the auto download process is perfect.

Oh, can you add Apple Trailers as source to download trailer? Cause YouTube's not complete and quality sucks.

You just need to give it time. Sometimes YT is pretty slow... the dialog will automatically close once the trailer is downloaded. We don't scrape YT directly, we get the links from TMDB.

We won't add Apple Trailers because there is not really a way to guarantee that the trailer we grab is for the selected movie. Sometimes searching returns wonky results. An Ember user is creating a website specifically made to search for trailers by IMDB ID. Last update he said he is about 60% done... so it's coming along nicely.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
nul7 Wrote:You just need to give it time. Sometimes YT is pretty slow... the dialog will automatically close once the trailer is downloaded. We don't scrape YT directly, we get the links from TMDB.

We won't add Apple Trailers because there is not really a way to guarantee that the trailer we grab is for the selected movie. Sometimes searching returns wonky results. An Ember user is creating a website specifically made to search for trailers by IMDB ID. Last update he said he is about 60% done... so it's coming along nicely.

Oh, so thats how its done. Thanks, nul7 for the explanation. So, until that website is finished, I'll just search for trailers manually for missing items.

How bout that 'OK' button for assigning a Local Trailer?
Currently it only has 'Preview Trailer', 'Set to NFO', 'Download' (which I think both caters to trailer URL, not local trailer file) and 'Cancel'.

Another question, how to properly tell XBMC that my library is beautifully updated with EMM? Does the 'Initiate XBMC Update' suffice? Or should I do some tinkering with XBMC for it to properly recognized the new posters etc? Cause right now, it still shows "broken" posters from before (because of XBMC's scraper downloading error).

Another suggestion: implement SubDownloader's algorithm, so we won't need to fire up another software just to look for subs (should be easy cause its basically a scraping process).
michellembrodeu Wrote:and this is with proxy

"<!doctype... ...</script>"
this took like 30 secs.

thanks hopes this help to solve my problem

Unfortunately, no - I was hoping you would get a timeout with no proxy, and all the above info when you had the proxy selected.
That little application is using the same code EMM uses to download data from IMDB, so the fact that it is working (with and without proxy selected) makes your timeout problem more of a mystery Huh.
Hi nul7,

last night i updated emm to the latest release. After this the Bulk Renamer is not able to sort the movies like this.

\16\movie1.avi
\16\movie2.avi
\18\movie1.avi
\18\movie2.avi

In the past i used following folder pattern to do this $B{$M\}$T. Please can you tell me if there is a change in the syntax or can you fix this.

Thank you in advance.

Efty
Paulkai Wrote:Running the stable release of camelot and have just downloaded this programme I have followed all the info and now have fanart for all my movies
when i click on the button to import into xbmc i get the error saying to check i have the webserver and port number are correct, I have made sure that they are switched on, but still get the error, what I'm I doing wrong

Thanks

Paul
Check post 2738 of this thread here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=452...count=2738
Hi Lurik

Thanks I checked that post, and I have made sure the port setting is 8080, ip address is correct as itouch is working with xbmc, but i still get the error.
the only thing i can think of is, does xbmc have to be running?

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:Hi Lurik

Thanks I checked that post, and I have made sure the port setting is 8080, ip address is correct as itouch is working with xbmc, but i still get the error.

Paul

Yes, I'm. 98% that it has to be running
efty.edge Wrote:Hi nul7,

last night i updated emm to the latest release. After this the Bulk Renamer is not able to sort the movies like this.

\16\movie1.avi
\16\movie2.avi
\18\movie1.avi
\18\movie2.avi

In the past i used following folder pattern to do this $B{$M\}$T. Please can you tell me if there is a change in the syntax or can you fix this.

Thank you in advance.

Efty

Strange... don't think any of us have messed with the renamer in a while. I'll look at it, though. Probably a good idea to file a bug report on embermm.com so I don't forget. lol

Paulkai Wrote:Hi Lurik

Paul

Yep, it has to be running. Ember just sends the signal to XBMC to begin the update library process.

Hello, and Help!!
I try to reproduce the creation of a .Background in my movie folder.
I came to do it once and then impossible to find the right option to check.
Thanks and wish you all the best for 2010.
flojlg Wrote:Hello, and Help!!
I try to reproduce the creation of a .Background in my movie folder.
I came to do it once and then impossible to find the right option to check.
Thanks and wish you all the best for 2010.

You're looking for options related to "fanart". If all you want is fanart for all your movies you can use Scrape Media > Missing Items > Automatic > Fanart Only.

Am I missing something or is EMM unable to extract extrathumbs from DVDs arranged in a VIDEO_TS file structure?
nul7 Wrote:You're looking for options related to "fanart". If all you want is fanart for all your movies you can use Scrape Media > Missing Items > Automatic > Fanart Only.

Thank's i''ll check that back home on monday...Big Grin
I did a rescrape for all my movies and it buchured some my titles.

For example:
"Lion King" now reads "El rey le&#xF3;n"
"Spiderman 3 now reads a 3"
"Highschool Musical 3" now reads "H.S.M. 3"
And here is a wierd one Star Trek reads "Christa &#x26; Christan&#x27;s Big Adventure" but the plot summary is correct. The folder name is Star Trek (2009)
Any ideas on how to fix this? All the other information looks good (plot, summary, etc)
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24